logo
Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by feral63
PINEAPPLE WEDNESDAY
australia
Joined Jan 2006
1,899 Posts
Re: GIANTS FROM DOWN UNDER (Continued)

my guess would be rick just turned 50....................so is mind might be wondering a little now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTumbles View Post
Nevr mind, Just got word from Rick. Issues with paypal not sending emails to him. All sorted.
feral63 is offline Find More Posts by feral63
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Find More Posts by hodderjohn
Newcastle NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2006
515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dubya View Post
Hey are any of you guys going to bendigo with those 275s, i wanna see one go.
I won't be there Tony, It's a bit hard to get time of work at the moment, only been there four months.
I havent got my motor yet, should be soon.
hodderjohn is offline Find More Posts by hodderjohn
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by Howie
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
619 Posts

Gentlemen

I am very sorry to advise that this years Queensland Challenge has been cancelled. This was not an easy decision that I take full responsibility for. The CD, the host club and the major sponsor (Desert Aircraft USA) were keen for the competition to go ahead as planned.

The current economic forecast for us looks like we are in for some leaner times. The Australian hobby market has been hit not only by the un-certainty of the current economic situation, but also by the 30% to 40% devaluation of our currency.

As a “premier” event the Qld Challenge has some substantial costs involved. I found it hard to reconcile the fact that on the one hand I am cutting back employee work hours / income and at the same time I would be spending a substantial sum on the Challenge.

I apologize to those of you that have already made holiday plans and booked accommodation. I hope this announcement is early enough that there are no too many of you inconvenienced.

Ian Howard
Desert Aircraft Australia.
Howie is offline Find More Posts by Howie
Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Find More Posts by Stu_D
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2006
1,727 Posts

Sorry to hear that Howie . The reality of running a comp does surprise people when ALL the
costs are laid on the table , when everything is added up its not an easy thing to do .

IMHO most people don't come for the prizes , its more about being with your mates and doing
what you all enjoy . Dont worry about it Howie

Stu
Stu_D is offline Find More Posts by Stu_D
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Find More Posts by Cookie
Monster
Dalby and heading for Adelaide
Joined Jul 2006
1,071 Posts

Sorry to hear that Howie, I was looking forward to the weekend regardless if I got a fly or not.

I think everyone will understand, what you have done for the Aussies to date is outstanding.

Hope things improve in the market over the next year and we see the QLC rise again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Gentlemen

I am very sorry to advise that this years Queensland Challenge has been cancelled. This was not an easy decision that I take full responsibility for. The CD, the host club and the major sponsor (Desert Aircraft USA) were keen for the competition to go ahead as planned.

The current economic forecast for us looks like we are in for some leaner times. The Australian hobby market has been hit not only by the un-certainty of the current economic situation, but also by the 30% to 40% devaluation of our currency.

As a “premier” event the Qld Challenge has some substantial costs involved. I found it hard to reconcile the fact that on the one hand I am cutting back employee work hours / income and at the same time I would be spending a substantial sum on the Challenge.

I apologize to those of you that have already made holiday plans and booked accommodation. I hope this announcement is early enough that there are no too many of you inconvenienced.

Ian Howard
Cookie is offline Find More Posts by Cookie
Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by rcdart
Would be, if I could be
QLD Australia
Joined Jan 2006
4,186 Posts

Not to understate the disappointment in the loss of this event, but I am working with the Coolum club on a replacement event, so please keep an eye on the ASAA website for a new event to fill the place on the calender.
rcdart is offline Find More Posts by rcdart
Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Find More Posts by Cookie
Monster
Dalby and heading for Adelaide
Joined Jul 2006
1,071 Posts

Thats good Mick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdart View Post
Not to understate the disappointment in the loss of this event, but I am working with the Coolum club on a replacement event, so please keep an eye on the ASAA website for a new event to fill the place on the calender.
Cookie is offline Find More Posts by Cookie
Old 03-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by RH1N0
My wife said NO
BrisVegas, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
1,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdart View Post

The pessimist says "the glass is half empty"
The optomist says "the glass is half full"
The economist says "you have twice as much glass as you require"

Looks like we should still be able to have a great (long) weekend of flying and I'm hoping to stick with my plans for a comp/holiday with the family in Coolum

Howie, thanks for being open and honest and for making the call as soon as posssible.
RH1N0 is offline Find More Posts by RH1N0
Old 03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz Lightyear
Australia
Joined Jan 2006
807 Posts

No need to appologise to anyone Howie, your support in Aussie IMAC has been to 'Infinity and beyond'

Anthony.

Buzz Lightyear is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Lightyear
Old 03-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Find More Posts by Pundi
Maitland, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
211 Posts

hey guys,

does anyone know if chrisby still makes stickers/decals ? or got an email addy i can get in touch with him?

cheers

(dw just spoke to chris )
Pundi is offline Find More Posts by Pundi
Last edited by Pundi; 03-18-2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: because
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by vincentp
I spend far too much time here
Canberra
Joined Feb 2006
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_D View Post
I dont know about the latest JR servos but they would have to GIVE me some to see how good
they are . At almost $400.00 each for the new HV servos its not a gamble I would take , their
record is so bad they would have to show me , not the other way around .

JR " feel the difference " we know what that means .

Stu

Almost $400 each... Ouch.. too rich for me.

Vince.
vincentp is offline Find More Posts by vincentp
Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Find More Posts by Hogboy
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
408 Posts

Howie, very sad to hear that you've had to defer the challenge in these circumstances, but I'm sure everyone will understand the difficulties faced in trying to replicate what was undisputably the greatest IMAC style event held in Australia in the current economic climate. I think everyone will agree that your contribution and devotion to the hobby is beyond question. It scares me to think what it would be like to not have DA Australia with its fantastic range and service "just down the road".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Gentlemen

Ian Howard
Hogboy is offline Find More Posts by Hogboy
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by Devo
BACK IN YAK :)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
905 Posts

He did some for me last year...really good job....

Hopefully he still is doing them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundi View Post
hey guys,

does anyone know if chrisby still makes stickers/decals ? or got an email addy i can get in touch with him?

cheers

(dw just spoke to chris )
Devo is offline Find More Posts by Devo
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Find More Posts by Flyinglizard
Sydney
Joined Nov 2008
27 Posts

After having written off my yak about six weeks ago, I thought I would share some photos I took yesterday of my shinny new pride and joy. It is an Extreme flight Extra 300. It’s got about ten flights on it now. However think I may have a few trimming issues after that last landing. It was a little hard and I think I might have knocked the tail slightly out of alignment

Howard

Flyinglizard is offline Find More Posts by Flyinglizard
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
After having written off my yak about six weeks ago, I thought I would share some photos I took yesterday of my shinny new pride and joy. It is an Extreme flight Extra 300. It’s got about ten flights on it now. However think I may have a few trimming issues after that last landing. It was a little hard and I think I might have knocked the tail slightly out of alignment

Howard

Nah

Just needs a little more work on the knife edge mixing and it will all be good .
Imac Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi

Quick Reply