Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by LongRacing
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Jul 2018
37 Posts
Discussion
Dx7 gen3 Possible Cause for Flyaway?

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me out here.. very frustrated.. yesterday at the field I was flying my 74" EF Slick with DA35 . Went up 4x no issue. Checked my 2 batteries both reading 80% and fuled up.

About 1min in response seemed slow or like it was freezing up for a quick sec and then back.. went to bring it in started a large sweeping turn ( roughly 300-400 yards out) and then I lost signal.. I started to run toward the model and regained control.. then lost and gained a few times.. then lost for good.. watched it flyaway! Cant believe it, but I jump in my truck and start the hunt.. 2 concessions over (3 miles) I see it in a cut weat feild. Dont know how but ONLY damage was canopy , cowl and tip of rudder.. not even a puncture in a wing.. unbelievable!!!

So now.. what to do? I'm running a DX7 Gen 3 with Lipo. Rx is a AR12310T with 3 sats along with a Advanced Radio batt share and pin.

It was a bit far but nothing too crazy.. is it just a matter of me flying out of range? I assumed as long as I can safely see the model I'm within range.. ?

Is there a way to check to see if 100% lost signal? Thanks for any advice! Also Radio was 8.7 volt. Charged previous flying outting.
LongRacing is offline Find More Posts by LongRacing
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply