logo
Old 07-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by Jack2010
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined May 2019
9 Posts
Discussion
Dinogy Light Pattern Battery

What are the cons of using this battery? Obviously less weight is good. How much would I be giving up in term of power, longevity etc.
I have not talked to Dinogy about this battery yet. Will do so this week.

Your input as always will be greatly appreciated.

Jack
Jack2010 is offline Find More Posts by Jack2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Find More Posts by ron_van_sommeren
uomo ludens modellesticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Apr 2009
105 Posts
From opening post in
Battery Load Test Comparisons - RCG

The Dinogy (a.o) tests and graphs further down that page.

Quote:
Dinogy Black
(5000/65C) 06/2019
The only reason most of us don't associate Dinogy with the Label Liars Club is because MarkF shoots straight about industry hype. He provides his own truth overlay to compensate. He sells the Dinogy black label as a 25C solution and for that it is ideal. This is the least expensive light weight pack (in fact the lightest weight pack in the stack). It was really unfair of me to test it at the higher loads, but I just couldn't resist Regardless it held up very well, never showing signs of stress. On the upside, it totally dominated the MaxAmps and Pulse packs that stunk the place up last season.

Dinogy V2
(5000/70C) 05/2019
These are sold as a 30C solution and as always it delivered. Historically Dinogy is the one to beat for zero defect deliveries. In almost every way I could measure, up to and including the 35C burn it's a lighter weight, lower cost version of Hyperions 5200 G8. Unfortunately (for Dinogy) HobbyStar's entry presented as a real threat to the V2's dominance in the lightweight space. The V2 is going to have to lean hard on its 15g lighter weight and essentially perfect quality record to fend off this newcomer.
Quote:
DINOGY V2 is my "go to" pack when weight is an issue. It's not long term 35C capable but it's a solid 30C unit that tolerates overcharging well. Plus, aside from some mislabeled 8000mah FPV packs I've have never recieved a bad Dinogy product, ever. I can't say the same for Revo, Thunder Power, Turnigy or Pulse/GensAce even though I've literally purchased 10 Dinogys for every one of the others. So in my hanger if it's not heavy carbon it's V2.
ron_van_sommeren is offline Find More Posts by ron_van_sommeren
Last edited by ron_van_sommeren; 07-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,434 Posts
Nine. Dinogy makes a great pack, has great service, and is owned by a modeler. I've been using his packs for years. Everything from 2S 300 mAh to 6S 6,000 mAh. Never been let down.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 07-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
I've not yet tried their "pattern" batteries, but their 6s5000s have been so solid for me!

With my XPWR60 on 12s, the Dinogy batteries are doing much better than my HK Panthers.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Joined May 2019
9 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I have been busy and unable to answer before now. I did leave a message for Mark on Facebook and have not had a response yet. The fact that the battery is a Dinogy Graphene alleviates some of my concern.

I am also finishing a Top Flite Gold Edition 82" Cessna 182 and having a weight concern. Lighter batteries would help a lot but I am limited to @ 135mm x 62mm x 42mm. The Glacier 6S 5300 mAh battery was the original for the battery compartment design so I am now trying to find a lighter batter close to the above dimensions. The Dinogy will work for my pattern ships but not for the Cessna. 6S 5000 mAh G-Force from Value Hobby, Thunder Power Pro Lite 6S 5000 mAh and Venom 6S 5000 mAh will work resulting in a weight reduction of 5.5, 6.35 and 6.8 oz respectfully. I will need two in parallel.

I have searched all the quality battery sources I know so far, Pulse, Gens Ace, Hyperion, Tattu, Turnigy, Admiral, Revolectrix and HRB. Did I miss any?

Thanks again for your input. it was helpful.

Jack
Old 08-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
You really should read up on this thread... start with the first post.
Real life DATA.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ns&perpage=100
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 08-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,434 Posts
Keep in mind that most of the data on that site is rather dated. It also does not include the Dinogy 5S pattern packs. Despite what that post may say, Dinogy has a large following in areas were extreme battery use is the rule. I have a bunch of them, never had one puff, and never had one deliver less than I expected of it.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 08-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Joined May 2019
9 Posts
ron, I just checked HobbyStars and their 6S 5200 fits the dimensions and comes in @ 10.2oz less. A significant weight reduction. I will do more research on them. I plan on flying this model scale like so high performance not a factor. Quality seems acceptable for the Cessna.

Thanks Vapor Trails, I have looked at it and it is quite helpful.

Judge, Dinogy may work best for my pattern ships. Dimensions and weight are leading me to the HobbyStar batt at this point. I will buy only one at this time and test it on another plane until I complete the work on the Cessna, sometime in Sept.

Jack
Old 08-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by ron_van_sommeren
uomo ludens modellesticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Apr 2009
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Keep in mind that most of the data on that site is rather dated. ...
They add new testresults on a regular basis.

See also
www.liporatings.com

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
• Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
e-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
ron_van_sommeren is offline Find More Posts by ron_van_sommeren

Quick Reply