Old 12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by n2201y
Account Closed
United States, AR, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Discussion
Wolverine switch with sport plus?

I kinda asked this in another forum and it should have been asked here. I'm building a plane that will have 2 2200mah liFe bats going into each input on a wolverine switch, then I was going to plug both the outputs into the rx, but I would like to use a smartfly sport plus. Question is, the switch has battery sharing and failsafe, and so does the sport plus. Is there gonna be any problems or anything from using it like that? They won't be fighting each other? Thanks in advance! Brian
n2201y is offline Find More Posts by n2201y
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
No, they will not interfere with each other. The Wolverine switch will just take priority over the Sport Plus.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by n2201y
Account Closed
United States, AR, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
Thank you sir, I'll order one tomorrow!
n2201y is offline Find More Posts by n2201y
Old 09-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by David DeWitt
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined May 2013
9 Posts
Batshare

I want to use the batshare with two LIFE batteries to power my Futaba 14 channel R7014SB receiver. The batshare has two leads coming off but I only have one power input on my receiver, will the batshare function properly by only using the one power lead to my receiver and leaving the other power lead disconnected?
Thanks,
David
David DeWitt is offline Find More Posts by David DeWitt
Old 09-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Yes, it will work but it is not a good idea. Two power inputs to your receiver will cut your receiver voltage drop in half compared to using one lead. There is nothing special about the battery port, you could plug a battery into any servo port and leave the battery port open and your receiver would work just fine. Using one power input basically doubles your chance of putting your receiver in brown-out. For the other lead, best is plug into any open servo port (you must have 1 or 2, DG ports?) or if not "Y" the second lead with a servo. DO NOT "Y" the two leads together, this is the worst thing you can do. Would not hurt to understand Ohms Law here, V=IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David DeWitt View Post
I want to use the batshare with two LIFE batteries to power my Futaba 14 channel R7014SB receiver. The batshare has two leads coming off but I only have one power input on my receiver, will the batshare function properly by only using the one power lead to my receiver and leaving the other power lead disconnected?
Thanks,
David
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply