Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,508 Posts
Discussion
Anual Basic Only Event

This will be our sixth annual Basic Only Event
coming up on Saturday May the 6th.
It's being held at the PGRC field in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Although this is an official IMAC event, it is
specifically designed for those of you who are new to IMAC or those of you that have thought about trying IMAC.
There will be help for those participating from some of our upper class competitors. They will call for you and provide one on one coaching if
you want it.
Even if you don't want to fly in the event, come and observe. Bring your family.
I must warn you however, if you come, you
you will be hooked on IMAC fore ever.
Look on the IMAC site for more details or
e-mail me: Steve Stanton sistan1@aol.com
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-26-2017, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by bruce leach
United States, NY, Haverstraw
Joined Apr 2010
113 Posts
This sounds like a great opportunity for people looking to try IMAC. We have some very good Pattern fliers in our area and I have suggested something a bit different though. In my experience anything that sounds competitive scares people. My idea was to hold a "flight clinic." This would be geared towards helping people with everyday maneuvers that apply to all types of flying, such as a proper loop and slow rolls without judging and without the box. Then the people that want to continue to build their skills might want to give IMAC or Pattern a try.

Another thing I noticed is that the IMAC contests are spread out a good distance in the North East. Maybe some neighboring clubs could take turns with some contests making a series. For example, I'm not far from Black Dirt Squadron, but going to Maine or Maryland is a trip. There are a few clubs relatively close to Black Dirt, mine included, that could maybe do a series. Maybe not all of the classes but perhaps Basic. http://www.hvrcc.com/
bruce leach is offline Find More Posts by bruce leach
Old 04-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,508 Posts
Some great ideas Bruce. Maybe you want to organize a "flight clinic" in your area. Black Dirt would be a great place to hold something like that and there are some very good IMAC members
in your area.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by bruce leach
United States, NY, Haverstraw
Joined Apr 2010
113 Posts
I'll try reaching out to them. It would be good to get some local clubs together to do something like this. We do a Pattern primer every year but there is little interest by new people. I really believe that they shy away from the contest environment. It's one thing to teach a maneuver, but to explain the box confuses them.
bruce leach is offline Find More Posts by bruce leach
Old 05-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,508 Posts
Event has been cancelled due to weather. We will try to reschedule.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by crossup
annapolis, md
Joined Jul 2007
329 Posts
While this a shame and likely to be difficult to reschedule with the upcoming construction closure, I'm actually happy as it was just too early in the season for some of us to be ready And I refuse to make the first flight of the season at this event.
Did the first engine run of the season yesterday to get ready to fly my IMAC ship soon.
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup

Quick Reply