logo
Old 05-19-2019, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by bullardrm
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
377 Posts
Discussion
Kevlar cable

Looking for the Kevlar cable (cable only) for a pull pull system. Has become difficult to find.
bullardrm is offline Find More Posts by bullardrm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-19-2019, 05:45 PM
Find More Posts by Philkoury
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Feb 2007
605 Posts
https://store.acpsales.com/products/...kev-cord-50-ft-
Philkoury is offline Find More Posts by Philkoury
Old 05-20-2019, 05:57 AM
Find More Posts by 3ddave
United States, MN, Eagan
Joined Jun 2008
170 Posts
Try Don's Hobby, Salinas KS. They sold a pull/pull package that included Kevlar cable.
3ddave is offline Find More Posts by 3ddave
Old 05-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by dshriver
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Oct 2014
1,165 Posts
Check out your local sporting goods store. You'll find lots of Kevlar fishing line in various colors and weights.
dshriver is offline Find More Posts by dshriver
Old 06-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkoury View Post
Ditto that... only you want the .058

https://store.acpsales.com/products/...-sleeves-4pcs-

The .038 is very small. The .058 is pretty standard. I just installed some in a 100cc aerobat for the pull-pull system. It's perfect. Whether you want the crimp sleeves or not, I don't know, but you can make some good ones from K&S aluminum tubing.. rolled on a table with an X-Acto.

It's very easy to get these days. Cheap too really. Get the largest they have... I think it's like .058. Perfect for pull-pull systems. Just buy enough to justify shipping.. the shipping probably cost more then the product.. I bought enough last year for a few or more large planes just for that reason. The stuff lasts forever though in my experience... I don't think it's from this planet.

Don's in Salina, KS is long gone too. They've been out of biz for many years now. They used to be pretty good with giant scale stuff, but were kind of head-strong about it too. It was his way or no way near the end.. then he sold it to another Don, and just ran it to the ground. Oh well.

I bought one of his kevlar pull-pull kits too, which is how I was introduced to the stuff... then I started using it for flying wires too... which is another great application for it. I sourced it probably from his supplier for pennies at that time compared to what he was charging, and bought some K&S aluminum tubing and made my own crimps...

Use a nice electricians crimping plier to crimp it all, and you've got one strong rigging. I've done it many times over the years like that... even recently.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Last edited by DGrant; 06-01-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Quick Reply