logo
Old 02-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Find More Posts by TrikeFlyer
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts
CRRC Pro GF26I

I am starting this new thread for my review of the new GF26I from CRRC Pro Group and Western Hobbies.

Will give you first "out of the box" impression of general quality with photos from all angles. Then I will take you through the break in procedure with performance numbers using different props as I build running time on the test stand.

Next, I will post photos of mounting the GF26I on a new Sea Gull Laser 2000 1.20 airframe and the subsequent maiden flight. Then follow up with how the engine performs under different flying conditions.

Stay tuned as the journey begins next week with the arrival of the new GF26I!
TrikeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TrikeFlyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by wizard
It will fly!!!
Washington, Indiana
Joined Jan 2006
13,374 Posts
Re: CRRC Pro GF26I

Looking forward to your results.
wizard is offline Find More Posts by wizard
Old 02-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by hardtop351
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

hi there trikeflyer.....

im the "outside the USA" selected test pilot. my name is craig and i live in rockhampton in australia.....its on the east coast. yes i will also be getting a GF26I engine to test. i am currently building a sliding test rig to run the engine up and break it in and also test different size props and find out thrust figures.

I dont believe this engine will require a long break in period...even seen what happens to a new chainsaw when someone buys it??...straight into hard work. these type of engines have a hard chrome lining to start with and a prop that loads the engine would be the go to bed in the piston rings.

stay tuned people as we test this new engine from CRRC Pro......should be good to see how it performs.

cheers
craig
hardtop351 is offline Find More Posts by hardtop351
Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by bosshoss
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

Hi Jon and Craig, I am Mike , I was chosen to test and report on this , also.

THank Western Hobbies for the opportunity to try your new product.

Jon, that Laser is a great Sport /Aerobatic ship, I was thinking of doing an All-out 3D machine with this motor and am debating the right platform.

I first thought a Vintage EF Yak54 68" would be a great. But , that plane cannot be had anymore, so I am going to do something that CAN be had.

I am searching for the "right" profile to hang it on. Then go as light as possible and wring her out.

Craig, what style of bird are you thinking of , to try her out in?

Your test bed numbers will be great. What is your height above Sea level there?

The engines should be in hand in short time.
bosshoss is offline Find More Posts by bosshoss
Old 02-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

hi there mike and jon...and welcome to the "elite" group lol.

i have a 90 size seagull models edge 540 airframe here. this new engine should be an improvement on the super tigre 90 thats in it now. i think i may hafta beef up the firewall too lol

i would also like to say publicly that if the CRRC factory have any other new engines that need review in the future....i would be glad to put my hand up to test them.

cheers
craig

P.S...jon....can you tell me how you started this new thread....what process did you need to go through???
Old 02-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

Craig that 90 size Edge 540 should be a rocket with the GF21I on board. Definitely add some trianle stock to the corners of the engine box if not there now.

To be honest I don't remember how I did it as I am new to FlyingGiants and just learning to navigate around it. . Think I just clicked on "new post" somewhere on this site.

at 63 my memory must be shrinking along with everything else!

regards - Jon
Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

yeah jon im new at this too. and yes i will be going through the airframe with a fine tooth comb and check everything. it belongs to a friend of mine who thought he would buy it so he could learn to fly....BIG mistake....its been here at my place gathering dust ever since we took it for its one and only flight after he bought it.

cheers
craig
Old 02-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

I am actively looking at currently available airframes.....I want a profile setup.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

can you get a profile 120 size arf mike??

im a big fan of extra 300's...i have a 30% and i love it. but everybody is different in what style of airframe they like.

i think we are about 60ft on average above mean sea level here in rockhampton. in summer the average temp is around 31 degrees C and winter is around 18 degrees C
we are in late summer here...very nice time of the year for us...28-30 degrees during the day and down to around 20-23 degrees at night.

cheers
craig
Old 02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

You are almost in the drink , Mate!!! We are 630msl here at Ohare Airport in Chicago.

I have been searching and looking for a suitable profile. I have a FuntanaX NIB that I can use from a friend. I will fall back on that if I cant find a proffy I like.

The Yak-Pro from TOC/AM/SD may be a good candidate if I can figue how to hang the motor , I love that plane.

We got walloped last nite with a winter storm.....no flying here till the wind quits.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

The wind storm here in Dallas yesterday must have made it all the way up to you BossHoss, not only was it windy (55mph) but visibility was 1/4 mile due to dust from out west in the panhandle..

Checked on my GF26I engine and it was "dispatched from shipping center " on Sat. Still expect about Wednesday delivery.

You can go to EMS web site and type in your tracking number for your engine and it will tell you exactly where it is along the way. EMS is like our Express Mail here in US and very reliable.

Craig, I got a couple of those "dusters" laying around too.

Regards - Jon
Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

I have not yet received my tracking number.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

hey trike what do you mean by "dusters"??..

anyways...i have my tracking number and have discovered that it has arrived in australia. its in sydney now awaiting delivery so i should get it in the next day or 2.

the tension and excitement is building!!!!!!!!!

im still building my test rig...but i need the engine now to sort out final assembly of it.

cheers
craig
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

I got my tracking number , CrrcPro read my post about not receiving it, and immediatley called me. Great support. I lost the email to my "spam filter".

My 26i is now out of customs and is on it's way here. I think a Funtana X is good choice. I have read reports that a 26 with tuned pipe really rip it. Gotta try it.

This is going to be a great test.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

My GF26I was just released from US Customs this morning so should be receiving it in next day or two. I will post pictures and details here as soon as I have it in hand.

It should be just the right size for my new Sea Gull Laser 200 1.20 .

BossHoss & Craig what size & makes of props are you going to run your tests with??

I will be using Pro Zinger 16X8 XOAR 16X8 and 17X6, Hawk 16X8 to start and will try some other props as I get them later this week.

RennerRenegade - Jon

Quick Reply