logo
Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts
ASSAN 2.4 Ghz Mk2 version

All righty folks.

The delivery man rolled up today with a small brown box from the ASSAN lads in China. Some of you might remember to first version was also sent to us for some testing and I found a few loop holes that a bus could drive through.

Well I am pleased to say less than 45 days later every item I had an issue with has been addressed and rectified 100% and then some. The new versions are standard with fail safe settings, very simple to do, and a binding process that ensures the Transmitter will only lock into the corresponding receiver so no chance of lighting up your mates electric power toy when he's parked beside you.

Really I take my hat off t these guys for listening and responding to the feedback generated from the first thread.

So whats new, or whats better.

Well the binding issue being taken care of makes this system safe, no inadvertent binding to the wrong receiver.

Fail safe is automatic and only needs you set the throttle or any other control surface to where you want it and turn on the receiver.

You get a capacitor free in the box to get you through any voltage spikes if your unlucky. Just plug it in to any free port.

The user manual is well written and easy to understand.

The new 4 channel and 6 channel park flyer receivers are due out any day and we will get some for testing and give you feedback. But they are small and thats a big improvement over the other one.

The modules fit most Futaba and JR and Hitec sets. The web site is quite specific on what ones you can convert.

The great part about this module system is that I like 2.4 Ghz for my small helis and stuff. Park flyers etc but I still like my big planes on 72 Mhz. I wont be going away from 72 in my bigger stuff as its well proven. I like the old adage about: if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!

Where will you get these from.

Well the ASSAN guys are setting up a line of supply and dealers and as soon as that is public I will let you know.

As for how they fly. Well they fly like you tied to the model with a peice of string. I have tried my helis (glo) (electric) and Park flyers and not a single glitch or hiccup. They seem super solid and should be very cost effective. (No sorry the pricing has not been finalized and nor can it be until the supply chain is established.)
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by FAST
Flyin' Around
Joined Nov 2007
2 Posts
Re: ASSAN 2.4 Ghz Mk2 version

Kiwi,

See the problems im having with receivers inside the plane.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...723343&page=37
FAST is offline Find More Posts by FAST
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts
Re: ASSAN 2.4 Ghz Mk2 version

Fast,

I have been away out of the office for near on two months with business and now our summer holiday down here.

I have been testing the ASSAN system for the past month and with some inconclusive results. I was waiting to get back home next week so I can first give ASSAN the results and then share them. I feel thats a fair way to do it.

The X8R I have been flying in my 50 sized heli with great success but it never gets more than 100 yards away so I figure its not a real test. The X6 mini is also in a small 450 sized heli and so far has proven to be great, but again we are talking 50 yards at most.

The X7 burned all my servos out in another 450 heli. I had a Berg 7 in it and done a straight swap. Well the centering went off the map and before I could work out what the hell was going on we had that smell of dollars melting. 3 servos cooked. Not sure why but we will sort it out I am sure.

But anyone fitting an ASSAN in anything bigger than a trainer is taking a risk. In all fairness its still a proto type system and it will have its share of bugs. Look at XPS, SPEKTRUM and now FASST. All are getting the crap beaten out of them sorting them out.

As soon as I get home I have new 2.4 test program coming up. I now have all four systems, a scanner, a signal generator, data loggers etc etc etc. I will be able to see a bluetooth phone fire up within 100 meters so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it seriously and with tools that give facts and not opinions.

I read the last 30 or so posts in your forum and I see you guys are on this the same as we are. Its great to see a lot of independent work going into proving this stuff once and for all.
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Last edited by Kiwi; 01-12-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Quick Reply