logo
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
609 Posts
What's the HUGE HOBBICO announcement ?

I saw on RCU where Hobbico is alerting to a "Huge Announcement" at 10:00am Thursday 1/31 at the Snowbirds Nationals at the Hobbico booth. Anyone have any idea what this huge announcement will be about ?
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,385 Posts
Re: What's the HUGE HOBBICO announcement ?

Hmm, what could it be????

My guess is a new engine line.

50%
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,086 Posts

my guess...they are no longer going to support any of the products they sell. sorry, I couldn't resist
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Old 01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by DR10044
George
United States, KY, Elizabethtown
Joined Mar 2007
841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
my guess...they are no longer going to support any of the products they sell. sorry, I couldn't resist
I have been more than pleased with their support over the years.
DR10044 is offline Find More Posts by DR10044
Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by Eury
A fifth of Peter.
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined May 2006
805 Posts

If it's happening at the Snowbirds, it's RC Car related, which directly translates into me not caring.
Eury is offline Find More Posts by Eury
Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
609 Posts

You have a good point. I didn't know what Snowbird was. Prolly is car related .
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
7,937 Posts

It is the NEW Radio system that is capable of 100 distinct channels. The servos are "Daisy-Chained" together similar to a Computer network. Each servo has its own "IP" address and the Rx sends out a data string to all servos and each servo extracts only the part of the data string intended for itself. There will be High data rate channels (qty 50) and low rate channels, (qty 50) The high data rate channels will get data at 1024 instructions per second,( at 2048 resolution) and the low data rate channels will be getting instructions at 512 per second, (1024 resolution). The system will have bidirectional data transfer. The initial package will only Tx down to the Ground transmitter when the data string going UP to the model receives 3 data faults per second. (As manifested by an audible tone), and when the data fault rate reaches 6 per second, there is a different audible tone.
There will be a modeling package with the system that will easily create a virtual model with actual servo placement, orientation and geometry. This can be used to nearly simulate the entire radio setup without the model, as long as the geometry is known. And can indicate geometrical errors such as a Pull-Pull rudder setup that has binding!
This will work in concert with a GPS and Accelerometer module that will vitually recreate any flight on your PC. Simply download the data from the FFDR, (FUTABA Flight Data Recorder) into your PC and you can see your flight recreated onscreen. The software also allows the input of Windspeed and barometric pressure.
The GPS and Acceleromter package can be programmed to automatically fly the plane towards the Ground Transmitter should there be a lost link event. The idea is that if the range is exceeded or the Signal-to-noise is exceeded, the plane will fly towards the Tx to gain a better signal.

THIS WILL change RC as we know it!!!!

Don't ask me how I know this!!!!
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,902 Posts

OH MY!
I'm not just really sure what I just read....... I was busy with my tape measure checking the length of each of my legs. Seems like one is a tad longer than the other.......
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by SmokinKat
Fly it like it's STOL'n
Oceanside California
Joined Jan 2006
891 Posts

I heard the "now legendary" Sweed is coming here to be the Nat'l company rep in the US. They needed a "Hard Man" for the job and best of all any purchas over $50 you get a fee bag of "Jallepino's" :Banane24:
SmokinKat is offline Find More Posts by SmokinKat
Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,313 Posts

wow, I got to get me one of them thar "Daisy-Train'd" radidios
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Ryans Rebel
New Iberia, LA
Joined Feb 2006
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
It is the NEW Radio system that is capable of 100 distinct channels. The servos are "Daisy-Chained" together similar to a Computer network. Each servo has its own "IP" address and the Rx sends out a data string to all servos and each servo extracts only the part of the data string intended for itself. There will be High data rate channels (qty 50) and low rate channels, (qty 50) The high data rate channels will get data at 1024 instructions per second,( at 2048 resolution) and the low data rate channels will be getting instructions at 512 per second, (1024 resolution). The system will have bidirectional data transfer. The initial package will only Tx down to the Ground transmitter when the data string going UP to the model receives 3 data faults per second. (As manifested by an audible tone), and when the data fault rate reaches 6 per second, there is a different audible tone.
There will be a modeling package with the system that will easily create a virtual model with actual servo placement, orientation and geometry. This can be used to nearly simulate the entire radio setup without the model, as long as the geometry is known. And can indicate geometrical errors such as a Pull-Pull rudder setup that has binding!
This will work in concert with a GPS and Accelerometer module that will vitually recreate any flight on your PC. Simply download the data from the FFDR, (FUTABA Flight Data Recorder) into your PC and you can see your flight recreated onscreen. The software also allows the input of Windspeed and barometric pressure.
The GPS and Acceleromter package can be programmed to automatically fly the plane towards the Ground Transmitter should there be a lost link event. The idea is that if the range is exceeded or the Signal-to-noise is exceeded, the plane will fly towards the Tx to gain a better signal.

HUH?
Ryans Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Ryans Rebel
Old 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by emessys
Bklyn, NY
Joined Jan 2006
850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post

I gotta get me some of YOUR drugs!!!!

Ira
emessys is offline Find More Posts by emessys
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by mflander
How much did that thing cost?
Elk River, MN
Joined Oct 2007
954 Posts

Well... theres another portion of my life I'll never get back. Dang it... Daisy chained together? At that point don't you think it would all be wireless? Each servo has a built in receiver and takes signal directly from the radio.. oh an its solar powered.
mflander is offline Find More Posts by mflander
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by Turd
Flyin' Around
caledon
Joined Sep 2006
21 Posts

They are going to use glue on all of their ARFs starting right now
Turd is offline Find More Posts by Turd
Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by RappyMan
Help - I like helicopters
United States, IA, Elk Horn
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Sounds interesting to me. It's not close to April Fools yet... so could be! It doesn't sound like a cheap setup though. If true it will push the industry forward - just have to wait a few days to find out.
RappyMan is offline Find More Posts by RappyMan

Quick Reply