Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Plans are on outerzone too, But not much use with out the templates for formers and ribs
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 05-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Me too Please Sanyo

Billy you dont need an account for We transfer Sanyo will give you a link and then you down load from there
Awesome, thanks for the info
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 03-21-2021, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
United States, NJ, Freehold
Joined Feb 2011
47 Posts
I picked up one of these giants last week and I'd like to set it up on my radio.

Can anyone tell me the control throws? I saw an earlier post that said 1.5" on elevator and rudder and 1" on the ailerons. Are those the actual recommended throws?

I'm mostly concerned with the elevator throws. I have a couple of Spitfires that are absolutely terrifying if you overdo it on the elevator throws.

Thanks
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
Old 03-21-2021, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
I've done some searching on line and here's a post regarding the throws one gentleman used on his Nosen P-51
The Nosen P-51 flies real well. It is not hard to fly. Since you received one already built, you won't have any problems flying it. I have one with a Quadra 75 turning a Master Airscrew wooden prop that is 24X12. The planes weights 34 pounds and has Robart retracts. If left alone, the takeoff roll is about 30 feet. I always keep it on the ground for at least 60 to 70 feet before I lift it off. The CG is 1.5" ahead of former #6 according to the plans. I think I have mine about 1" ahead of former #6 and it flies real light on the controls. When you are ready to fly it, fly it like a War Bird and not like a 3D airplane. The control throws that I have are set up to these settings: Ailerons, 5/8" up and 1/2" down, elevator, 3/4" up and 3/4" down, flaps 45º down to land and it lands real slow. I always land mine on the main wheels, no three point. Rudder 1.5" left and right. Here is a photo of my plane. Enjoy your Nosen P-51....
To view the entire thread go here:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...e-today-2.html
Hope this helps you out
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 03-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill View Post
I've done some searching on line and here's a post regarding the throws one gentleman used on his Nosen P-51
The Nosen P-51 flies real well. It is not hard to fly. Since you received one already built, you won't have any problems flying it. I have one with a Quadra 75 turning a Master Airscrew wooden prop that is 24X12. The planes weights 34 pounds and has Robart retracts. If left alone, the takeoff roll is about 30 feet. I always keep it on the ground for at least 60 to 70 feet before I lift it off. The CG is 1.5" ahead of former #6 according to the plans. I think I have mine about 1" ahead of former #6 and it flies real light on the controls. When you are ready to fly it, fly it like a War Bird and not like a 3D airplane. The control throws that I have are set up to these settings: Ailerons, 5/8" up and 1/2" down, elevator, 3/4" up and 3/4" down, flaps 45º down to land and it lands real slow. I always land mine on the main wheels, no three point. Rudder 1.5" left and right. Here is a photo of my plane. Enjoy your Nosen P-51....
To view the entire thread go here:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...e-today-2.html
Hope this helps you out
Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2021, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by IFLYRC
United States, MI, Waterford Twp
Joined Aug 2007
191 Posts
Iflyrc

The elevator is not super sensitive like a Spit...

That said, keep a small amount of power on with full flaps... it does land nice and slow and stable. You can also land with no flaps.. its fine.

Be sure to do a long FLAT approach.. the plane will pick up speed and keep flying if you dive it to the ground at the last second....

Aiel - I use the max throw, just set it up with some expo.. like 25%. It rolls, but not like an aerobat.

Rudd - Max throw... be ready as you ease up the power on takeoff.. it will pull left generally.

Have had many of these and still fly one today.

Good Luck !
IFLYRC is offline Find More Posts by IFLYRC
Old 03-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYRC View Post
The elevator is not super sensitive like a Spit...

That said, keep a small amount of power on with full flaps... it does land nice and slow and stable. You can also land with no flaps.. its fine.

Be sure to do a long FLAT approach.. the plane will pick up speed and keep flying if you dive it to the ground at the last second....

Aiel - I use the max throw, just set it up with some expo.. like 25%. It rolls, but not like an aerobat.

Rudd - Max throw... be ready as you ease up the power on takeoff.. it will pull left generally.

Have had many of these and still fly one today.

Good Luck !
Awesome advice! Thanks!

Hoping to fly it this weekend.

Quick Reply