logo
This thread is privately moderated by nzflyer21, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by nzflyer21
nzflyer21
Joined Jun 2019
16 Posts
Discussion
Servo eyelets

Hi again, well not much more completed this weekend, a bit of a disaster really, my son arrived with his lovely french girl for the weekend which was very nice. But my son had a project in mind to complete and as the weather was not that flash or warm ,he decided to build his cabinet in the garage.
It turned out to be a very dusty affair, pretty much covering everything in a coat of dust!
So I have spent the last few days cleaning and getting everything back to square one againl
About correctly mounting servos
I looked up about how to use the servo eyelets properly, I remembered reading a while ago that the eyelets go to the bottom of the servo. I have done this no, it does seem to make a difference, they feel more secure now
Is this correct?
What are your thoughts on this ? Any comments would be welcome.

I added extra support to my servo rails by placing and gluing some small plywood supports over the top of the rails. A bit of added security.

nzflyer21 is offline Find More Posts by nzflyer21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-25-2019, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
9,634 Posts
Eyelets go in from the bottom like you have them.

That way they stop the servo screw going too far and crushing the rubber grommet. Done properly its a secure installation that provides vibration isolation. If you do it the other way, the sharp will cut into the wood and crush the rubber robbing it of any vibration isolation.
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 06-28-2019, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by nzflyer21
nzflyer21
Joined Jun 2019
16 Posts
Thank you very much for that reply
I thought their would be beneficial reasons. Reducing the amount of vibration is important. Again thank you for your reply
nzflyer21 is offline Find More Posts by nzflyer21

Quick Reply