Old 08-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason T View Post
"DGrant;2878339]Wow... it's gettin real now. I hope nobody gets physically hurt by these malfunctions. If that were to occur, and the culprit found to be this "poly fuse" issue, there would be more then hell to pay by someone... especially since the distributor has been made aware, and become very obstinate in addressing the problem in a decent fashion. My guess is everyone involved would be liable...
If you're flying Jeti, and disregard the above findings, you're just as culpable and liable as the distributor that is selling the stuff."

They may be covered by the specs on page 27 of the instruction manual? Not sure how that would go down. Either way, it's bad news.
You may well be correct. Hopefully we will see if anything might be done on either side.

Most of all, let's hope nobody gets hurt or loses a plane if in fact there truly is a problem... We know of a few already apparently.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by SMOKINMAC
3W + Smoke !
United States, KY, Albany
Joined Mar 2011
104 Posts
I fly Giant Scale and I absolutely love the JETI system and Telemetry Sensors, that actually work. I have used Futaba and JR, including JR Xbus in the past and after JR’s bankruptcy I switched to JETI and the Logical Menus layout and flexibility is the best I have ever used.

I understand JR has re-organized and is making a come back and I’m happy for all those who still have JR equipment, but I will not go back after experiencing JETI design and amazing support.

JETI, Keep up the great product support and designs !!
SMOKINMAC is offline Find More Posts by SMOKINMAC
Old 08-14-2019, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKINMAC View Post
I fly Giant Scale and I absolutely love the JETI system and Telemetry Sensors, that actually work. I have used Futaba and JR, including JR Xbus in the past and after JR’s bankruptcy I switched to JETI and the Logical Menus layout and flexibility is the best I have ever used.

I understand JR has re-organized and is making a come back and I’m happy for all those who still have JR equipment, but I will not go back after experiencing JETI design and amazing support.

JETI, Keep up the great product support and designs !!

Please don’t think that I am against the Jeti line.. Just looking for action to inform the cb200 owners of the issues.. We love to fly and I also loved the features of Jeti.. I just wish I had all the info that we have now so we could of made adjustments and used a different power box and stay with the Jeti Transmitter... No one would address the issue and give straight answers.. All we got was finger pointing so we had to change and it cost me thousands of dollars to go back to Futaba ..
So glad your having zero issues and having fun.. That’s what this is all about.. We just want everyone to be safe..
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Old 08-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,092 Posts
I don't believe it would be an egg on anyone's face if the devices were advertised, and manuals updated, to reflect the best applications for them. If the CB200 said "For use in up to 35% IMAC planes, or 30% 3D/XA planes with max servo amp draw of XX, and the CB400 said something similar, except for the next size up. That would seem to be both an honest gesture and help to ensure safe operation.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 08-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
[QUOTE=buckeyeflyer;2878407

I would love for everyone to post on here if they have ever heard of the cb200 being a medium duty
Receiver. What a joke!![/QUOTE]

First of all, CB200 is not a receiver!!!! There is no receiver inside, you have to connect one to it. You should have known that.

Jeti makes 3 sizes of central boxes:

CB100 - continuous current 10A (light duty)
CB200 - continuous current 15A (medium duty)
CB400 - continuous current 30A (heavy duty)

What makes it light, medium or heavy is the current rating.
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
[QUOTE=buckeyeflyer;2878385]
Just for the record everyone Ed is supposedly friends with the owner of Jeti and he gets his products directly from Jeti. Atleast that’s the story he told Joe ... So his post might be a little biased..

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing Mr. Jelen personally, doesn't make me his friend.

I know and corresponding with some people who are/were doing some external work for Jeti. That's the only connection with Jeti I have!!!!!!!!!

I got nothing directly from Jeti!!!!!

I have 3 sisters, 6 nephews and 2 nieces living in various places throughout of EU.

Every single Jeti equipment I have has come as a B day present purchased in a Hobby Shop.
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,854 Posts
[QUOTE=hpdrifter;2878755]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post
Just for the record everyone Ed is supposedly friends with the owner of Jeti and he gets his products directly from Jeti. Atleast that’s the story he told Joe ... So his post might be a little biased..

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing Mr. Jelen personally, doesn't make me his friend.

I know and corresponding with some people who are/were doing some external work for Jeti. That's the only connection with Jeti I have!!!!!!!!!

I got nothing directly from Jeti!!!!!

I have 3 sisters, 6 nephews and 2 nieces living in various places throughout of EU.

Every single Jeti equipment I have has come as a B day present purchased in a Hobby Shop.

Wow , Joe his story changed a lot..

Wonder if a cb 400 would even fit in a 120cc plane.
It’s huge and I think it’s like 3 pounds.. Sounds like to me Jeti would have a hard time selling it.. I always love adding 3 pounds to my plane. Lol

It’s real simple Ed. The CB 200 needs an update and everyone that’s flying it needs to know that on a hot summer day you are risking losing your plane if you fly XA or 3D with High torque, High performance servos.
When it’s 90 plus outside the Jeti CB200 cannot live up to its specs ...
It’s been proven over and over again. We get it ... You fly 5955 and you have no issues .. That’s great but your flying style is not like everyone else’s..

I really don’t think Jeti designed the cb400 for a 35 % plane Ed.
Most people will never ever buy that for there 3d plane.

You should think about making the next manual for Jeti...
Light Medium and Heavy Duty.

Jeti has sold the CB 200 to all 120cc plane pilots for years and now Ed says that it’s our fault ... Oh my god it gets better all the time.

Yes it is a central power box Ed I did refer to it as a receiver.
Send me your address I will send you a prize.....
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:44 PM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,854 Posts
Ed is this a light medium or heavy duty plane? You need to call Gernot immediately. Jeti sponsored pilot flying a 40% plane on a cb 200
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-14-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,854 Posts
😊
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-14-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,854 Posts
Sweet plane
Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM
3W + Smoke !
Joined Mar 2011
104 Posts
Don’t know if this is helpful or not, but after seeing these posts I went and looked at my LOG files for my most recent flights:
Ambient Temp in my area was 90
Plane 42% Aeroworks Yak
14 Servos total
6 Promodeler 630’s on the wings
4 Promodeler 630’s on the elevators

Max amperage draw on Batt 1: 1.61 amps. Batt 2: 1.15
Max CB200 Temp: 107

CB200 Continuous Amp Rating: 15 amps
Last edited by SMOKINMAC; 08-15-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
Wow , Joe his story changed a lot..

Prove it or be quiet!

"I really don’t think Jeti designed the cb400 for a 35 % plane Ed.
Most people will never ever buy that for there 3d plane."

Not sure where did you get the idea using CB400 in 35% plane. CB400 is for bigger planes (40-50%).

"Jeti has sold the CB 200 to all 120cc plane pilots for years and now Ed says that it’s our fault ... Oh my god it gets better all the time."

Never said anything like that. It's the other way around. The perfect application for CB200 is a 33-35% airplane with 100-120cc engine.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Joined Mar 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post
Ed is this a light medium or heavy duty plane? You need to call Gernot immediately. Jeti sponsored pilot flying a 40% plane on a cb 200

Actually, it's not Gernot's plane. But he has one just like this too in Black &Yellow. I was stunned when I discovered CB200 in his plane. Asked him if he has ever experienced any kind of problems or if he heard about any problems with CB200. His answer to both questions was NO.

I have to remind you that I don't work for Jeti or represent Jeti or am sponsored by Jeti. Everything what I'm saying is my own personal opinion. It's what I would do. I wouldn't use CB200 in 40% airplane. But as you can see, a lot of people do without any problems. So go figure.
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-14-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:40 PM
3W + Smoke !
Joined Mar 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
Yes, it all goes through him. Yes, he does get a cut. Yes, this income helps pay the saleries of the people who work for him. Not trying to start a political debate but our countries current mood of extreme views is disheartenly. People will ignor a potential benefit because they don’t approve of one aspect of a persons conduct. I get that you and others don’t like ZB. I’ve known him for almost 20 years and trust me, we have had many arguments. I truly wish he would stay off the forums. But the products he sells are good and the people who work for him are some of the best. If you don’t like the radio ok. I don’t like Toyota’s but if I did I wouldn’t even think about what the guy running the import division said.

Danny
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
I'd bet the percentage of customers and potential customers who look at FG or RCG is relatively low, and of those I'd be the percentage who are going to let Zb's behavior get in the way of using a really nice radio is also really low.
I'd also bet that there are people who watch the videos / follow the links is Zb's offensive posts and get interested, maybe some that even buy something. Nobody would admit to that especially in a conversation like this one of course, but it might happen enough to make up for the tiny tiny number of sales he looses by alienating people.

I have a Jeti DS-16 and I love it, and I'll buy more Jeti stuff.
I am annoyed by Zb's behavior on the forums.
I can live with that dissonance.
I bought my Jeti DS 16 from Danny and I don’t even know who this ZB guy is and am completely oblivious to any of his forum posts. What I do know is I like the Jeti system way better than my previous JR Xbus. Much better logical menus layout and capability / flexibility plus robust telemetry sensors / support. Love knowing my cylinder Temps and the data logging.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Look guys, I have said everything there is to say. I have repeated myself over and over. It comes down to the simple facts. I tested and found flaws in a system that was sold to me for a specific setup in a large scale plane. I have addressed these flaws with all involved in hopes to find answers and bring awareness to the safety issues it can cause. I encourage everyone to consider the information and conversations I have put out there. Please do your own testing and see what you find then make your own decisions according to your own application and findings in your testing. When a company changes their story and recommendations from conversation to conversation yes you start to record them to prove that you have been given conflicting information from the people who are supposed to provide product support. It was never out of vengeance or entrapment that I recorded my conversation. I recorded them to try and find fact and proof of use of a product in which was sold to me with a big misrepresentation of how it should be properly used. We are grown men and are capable of simply taking info into consideration and then doing with it what we feel we need. I am not going to argue and try to prove myself any longer as it’s just going in circles. Please do your own testing and research and find the safest way to use what ever products you choose. My only intention was to put the information out there to have others watch and know how to properly use these products. Having to defend myself and constantly being called a lair and stupid is getting old and I believe I have proven that I am not making anything up. Either way as with everything in life you have to makeup your own minds and go with what you feel is safe or not. I have chosen not to use this product and I am now choosing to move on from this subject and be done.
Jeti CB200 problem (24 min 34 sec)

Jeti CB200 (13 min 42 sec)

Jeti products more evidence of issues (7 min 50 sec)

Esprit models ZB customer service experience (10 min 4 sec)

Jeti CB200 crash (2 min 8 sec)
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13

Quick Reply