adan - kuwait
Joined Oct 2007
20 Posts
Re: 52" wingspan Clik!

hello pilots :

now i have made a smaller 3d plane .. its yak 55 , 56" wingspan
the same servos brushless and speed was on the 77" 3d plane

why i made this cuz the 77" is too big for my car lol
so i need a plane that i can put my car..

so here is some pics...
and ill show some videos later ..
3disfun is offline Find More Posts by 3disfun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Aerodynamically challenged
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Looks good 3disfun! Nice paintjob. Funny you should mention sizing your airplane to your vehicle. I just took a foam mockup of one of my newer designs outside to see if it would fit in my truck with both wings on I ended going with a 47" sized one instead of 42" since there was some spare room.
3Deranged is offline Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by 3disfun
adan - kuwait
Joined Oct 2007
20 Posts

oh thanks 3Deranged ... cant wait to see your new one ...

between me and you (foam is cheape) and (more 3d fun) IMO

here is my video with a quick and short review : --A--B--C--D

hairier roll : A
knife edge : A
flat spend : D which is ...... LOLs
hovering : B
Rolling loop : A+ i would say

the plane is a lil bit heavy compare to the brushless and motor .. but its nice though
check the video at 3:11 i never thought that i can fly pattern as i did (1 sircle with one roll)
thats why i like this plane and imo its better than the 77"

5 sell homemade foamy (yak 55) (7 min 18 sec)

thanks ... comments and tips Are Wellcom
Last edited by 3disfun; 11-03-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Good job 3Disfun! Also proves the point, Big Foamies=Big Fun! Keep up the good work. If you think flat foamies are fun wait till you try an airfoiled wing on one of your next ones. Gives you a little better penetration than a flat leading edge and a little more lift. Then she'll really float...
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 PM
adan - kuwait
Joined Oct 2007
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Deranged View Post
Good job 3Disfun! Also proves the point, Big Foamies=Big Fun! Keep up the good work. If you think flat foamies are fun wait till you try an airfoiled wing on one of your next ones. Gives you a little better penetration than a flat leading edge and a little more lift. Then she'll really float...

ur the boss m8 ... just show me how to do it ... cuz i have no idea how to make it (airfoiled wing)
wow good idea ... yup ...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

One way would be to make a hybrid foam/balsa/ply/carbon built up wing. Any number of ways to use balsa ribs/spar with foam sheeting or hot wire EPS foam cores. I've seen built up foam/balsa ribs sheeted over with 3mm depron used. Some folks even cover over depron skinned wings/fuses with Solite covering. I'm certainly no authority on all that but if you go search some of the forums there's some great tips on hot wiring foam core wings. I suppose the old "glue some ply ribs on the side of a flat sheet of foam and sand it down into and airfoil" works in a pinch too. Haven't had to do that in a while, there's lots of elbow grease involved but you still can acheive a good wing core. Some folks even stick on a sheet of thin lite plastic over EPS foam cores for the surface or use thin brown paper glued on with watered down wood glue. You'll have to experiment on some test pieces first to get your technique down and check approximate weight of test parts.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Having some fun around the yard with the new Clik-X. It's got some fuse alterations and smaller SFGs. 3 x 3154's powered by a Castle Creations 6v BEC. Really nice control now. Overkill for a foamie-maybe. Fun as heck-definitely! Stay tuned for a couple more vids of Clik-X in action. For one of the vids we attached a smoke bomb-kind of looks like an .049 conversion of the Clik-X
Setup:
MicroDan 2505-3D
Pheonix 10
Fusion-Pack 600mah 11.1v 25c battery
GWS 9 x 5 HD prop
Castle Creations 6v UBEC
3 x Futaba 3154 servos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQzzSNHWjXQ
Last edited by 3Deranged; 11-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

This time we took a smoke bomb and holder with some tin foil and strapped it to Clik-X for laughs. OK-so it's not thick, lasting smoke-but it's smoke! Keep in mind the smoke bomb and holder with some tin foil added about 2oz. to the AUW and the MD 2505-3D didn't seem to notice. Great little motors for this size plane. One of these days someone's going to come up with a "wet" smoke system for electrics=we'll show those gas guys then
Editing a precision Clik-X vid now.
Later
Setup:
MicroDan 2505-3D
Pheonix 10
GWS 9 x 5 HD prop
Castle Creations 6v UBEC
3 x Futaba 3154 servos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1QkiEksyCA
Last edited by 3Deranged; 12-05-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Here's a couple more pattern oriented vids of Clik-X. I'm sure Blake would tell you this isn't his best NATS winning piloting but looks pretty good for a 11oz. flat foamie
Setup:
MicroDan 2505-3D
Pheonix 10
GWS 9 x 5 HD prop
Castle Creations 6v UBEC
3 x Futaba 3154 servos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOFdPBu3Mcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsQ5hE9B-TY
Last edited by 3Deranged; 11-14-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 PM
adan - kuwait
Joined Oct 2007
20 Posts

very nice mr.3Deranged
i like ur plane ... i cant find it here in kuwait so i think am gona make one just like the size u have ..perfect plane (clik)
can u send me a copy if u already have?? i dont mean to send me a plane lol .... aaaaa how to say that ...aaaaa
length .. wingspan .. wing area ... or if u have free copy on paper ...is it depron u use .. is it a kit or home made
lol ...i got confused today ..
Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

If you want the 3mm indoor F3P kit go to www.rc-factory.eu and look up dealers. If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you what I've sent everyone else. I've made changes that aren't reflected on the drawings but are easy enough to add in. I just bought the kit and upscaled the parts on my printer. When you PM me I'll give you the details. The larger 52" version uses 1/2" blucor insulation and the smaller 34" size uses 6mm depron.
Don't worry about the confusion=it's an everyday occurence for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3disfun View Post
very nice mr.3Deranged
i like ur plane ... i cant find it here in kuwait so i think am gona make one just like the size u have ..perfect plane (clik)
can u send me a copy if u already have?? i dont mean to send me a plane lol .... aaaaa how to say that ...aaaaa
length .. wingspan .. wing area ... or if u have free copy on paper ...is it depron u use .. is it a kit or home made
lol ...i got confused today ..
Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Hope everyone has a SAFE and happy holiday season! Here's some vids for your X-mas foamie fix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OLVUFzyyw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVjDfr9LwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ1Pi8nhvtE
Old 12-21-2008, 12:35 PM
adan - kuwait
Joined Oct 2007
20 Posts

very nice ... the plane is awesom
Old 12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 2006
1,206 Posts

HI Guys,

Jason, Blake, great build on my Clik-XL. I've got about 7 flights on mine in calm air. Using the Microdan 2505, 9x5, Futaba 3114's on elevator and rudder, and a 3154 on the ailerons. This is the finest small plane I've ever flown. Some of my precision maneuvers with it look very nice. Over the lake today, did 1 roll circles, 2 rolls circles, and finally, (drum roll please), hovered the plane well enough to catch it 3 times in a row!! Had a blast today! I also tried 1 washer of right and down thrust, but felt like it didn't hover so well, so I went back to the straight setup, and hovering was easier, and that was when I was able to catch it a few times. Also the Fusion 600 packs are perfect.

Mine finished at 10.5 oz. However, I'm using my 7 channel FASST receiver, until the new micro FASST receiver arrives this week. So, it should drop closer to 10 oz flat with that other receiver.

This little plane is the real deal and Jason and Blake have spent a lot of time making a nicely optimized outdoor foamy for us!!!

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
Old 12-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Clermont, Florida
Joined Aug 2006
603 Posts

Thanks for the feedback Jim. Nice to know that another great pilot confirms what we've been doing. Guess foamies can be treated just like pattern planes in the fact that you have to spend a little time trimming and shimming to get them just perfect. Plus for whatever reason even 6mm depron has to be straightened out with low heat from a covering iron so a little straightness check is required once in a while. Left mine leaning against something and flew it thinking something major trim wise was off till I rechecked my surfaces for alignment and found that one of the ailerons was warped-dooh! Reset it back to flat and all was right again. Have a blast with it and also a happy holiday season! BTW-great avatar
Regards,
Jason

Quick Reply