Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by rolling circle
TWISTED, FALCON,PULSE,MKS,RCFL
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
490 Posts
New Product
THE VELOXITY - CODY WOJCIK's NEW TWISTED DESIGN

Guys and gals, here is the all new foamy from Twisted Hobbys. It's big and It is epic. I wanted to share designer Cody Wojcik's words about his new design.

Greetings again Twisted brethren!

This summer, we started development of an ambitious new project. We had plenty of smaller foamies, from the awesome little pocket rockets like the mini MXS, Crack Yak, and Pitts, super light and precise indoor planes like the Edge V3 (congrats to Marek Plichta for taking 5th at the World Air Games flying this plane!) and Clik, Lite planes like the Crack Laser that are happy as both indoor monsters and go anywhere backyard flyers, tough as nails standard 32" planes like the venerable Crack Yak and MXS-C, and bigger backyard/park planes like the 39" Crack Yak and Flash. We also had the larger RCFactory 48" Sbach and Extra. But, we really had a bit of a gap in the line up, especially with the loss of some airplanes from another manufacturer.

So, we set out to develop a medium sized foamy to fill this gap. But like all projects at Twisted, we wouldn't be happy with just scaling up a smaller design and giving the same flight experience in a different size. We had to innovate! We wanted to do everything we could to take advantage of the larger size.

Enter the 43" Veloxity!

Starting with what has worked well for previous aircraft, we carefully adjusted and tweaked areas and moments, and picked a unique and specialized airfoil designed to be responsive and firm feeling without giving up stability. We also selected a thicker, denser foam construction, and RCFactory followed it all up with carbon inlays in all the right places, as well as precise ball end linkage. The resulting airframe not only is a pleasure to build, but is insanely stiff and strong with no carbon or foam external bracing!

We found that the super strong and stiff airframe was capable of supporting insane power levels, so the recommended power combo delivers just that! The Veloxity is capable of carrying 3S packs from 1500-2200 mah. A cheap 2200 mah pack will easily get you 6.5 minute flights! The new METAL GEARED and aluminum-cooled ICE servos are strong, precise, and fast.

In the air, the extra mass and stiffness delivers a flying experience never before available in a foamy. It's precise, stable, crazy when you want it to be, and can tumble and spin almost like a wood airplane. Long, high speed slow rolls right on the deck, blistering rifle rolls, super easy knife edge, and of course, all the 3D you can handle are all squarely in the Veloxity's repertoire.

If you are not yet an Xtreme Aerobatics super star, fret not. The Veloxity is extremely easy to fly with reduced control throws, and the extra mass and power will keep you in the air if there is a bit too much breeze for the 32" planes. As a stepping stone between flat foamies and a larger, more expensive balsa plane, the Veloxity is without equal. It's also durable enough to keep flying after crashes that would atomize full fuselage EPP foam planes, and simple and easy to repair after especially brutal dirt naps.

Foam Tac or Welder on the build so far as glue goes.

Check out the plane and buy here: http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Twisted...P-43-Velox.htm

So, that was Cody's input. This is a cutting edge 3D model. The build is a lot like the MXS. There are no Rod Guides. All surfaces are connected to servos with control rods that have ball links on each end (no slop). The foam is, put simply, epic.

We will have videos being released this weekend. Hope you stop in to check them out. Enjoy! - Rolling Circle
rolling circle is offline Find More Posts by rolling circle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
Looks really sweet!
Cody is one heck of a foamy designer and pilot. :-)
I will definitely be purchasing one.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 12-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by flymedic
Huckin Fire Trucker
United States, AZ, Littlefield
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
^ SO WILL I !!!!!!!!!
flymedic is offline Find More Posts by flymedic
Old 12-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,564 Posts
Hopefully Santa will put one under our tree...
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 12-10-2015, 05:35 PM
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
490 Posts
Yes, the Team has the planes and we are finishing up the builds. Build manual is just complete. Cody, Benton and I should have vids this weekend. It's possible that Mr Jewett will create a video as well but I know he is a very busy man these days. I will post vids here as they come out. I think you will all be able to get a feel for the plane from watching various styles of 3D being done on the same frame and equipment. It should be fun. It certainly looks to be the most serious foamie ever...
Old 12-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Huckin Fire Trucker
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
drooling......................................
Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 PM
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
490 Posts
The first video will launch tonight!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by jaync
United States, NC, Havelock
Joined Nov 2014
1,154 Posts
You guys are killing me lol, I've ordered 4 of your planes in the last 3 weeks and now this one comes out. I will definitely order one for sure very soon.
jaync is offline Find More Posts by jaync
Old 12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by fly247
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined May 2010
30 Posts
I was lucky enough to score some flights on this foamy today. I can tell you guys this foamy is the real deal! This design takes foamies to the next level!

My stable is full to capacity. The last thing I need is another airplane. After a couple of flights I just HAD to have one. Ordered one the second I got back to work. The capability and performance of this foamy is jaw dropping in my opinion! Here is a link to my post on rcgroups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=44
fly247 is offline Find More Posts by fly247
Old 12-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jul 2015
97 Posts
Can not wait to go to the field tomorrow and try out the new Veloxity! Sweet Bird.
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old 12-11-2015, 10:52 PM
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
490 Posts
Great to hear that Benton!

Putting the finishing touches on mine now. Also hope to fly tomorrow. 4 packs charged.

I will be flying the Pulse 3S 2250 65C packs so I think Cody and I will have the heaviest packs to show for comparison to others. I think we will have some good vids to compare builds and styles of flying to give a couple good reference points to the folks at home.

Fly 247, you are one lucky dude to fly with and get vids of Cody. You flew the ship evenbefore some of us team guys. Grats!!!

Jay... the good news is you get top quality and durability with the planes in the TH lineup. This is no exception. It may be the best to help transitioning from foam to balsa 3D planes. And it will be a go to for practicing maneuvers you want to try on your big planes.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Huckin Fire Trucker
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
Have i missed the video somewhere ????
I really wat to see this thing in action
Old 12-11-2015, 11:23 PM
United States, MD, Balt
Joined Nov 2013
490 Posts
No, and I KNOW.

Cody flew this morning with Fly247 and they have video.

Waiting on Cody to drop it and will post ASAP once it is available.

Depending on editing time, we (Benton and I) should be able to drop some video tomorrow. Just got the planes ready to go. Believe me, we won't be doing much else but flying this thing all weekend.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Huckin Fire Trucker
Joined Jan 2008
1,447 Posts
Awesome & awesome
Old 12-12-2015, 12:25 AM