Trader Rating: 1
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
573 Posts
Discussion
Reminder here people... Feedback!!!

Please leave feedback when you've completed a good deal. Whether you're buyer or seller.

I've bought several things over the last few years or more, and have only 3 feedback ratings, and they're actually all from the same person(thanks to that guy!).

I've always made it a point to leave feedback at the same time I notify a seller that the item arrived just fine.

For some reason, at least 5 times or more now on this site, the seller just seems to ignore or forget to leave any rating... even when I'll say in one of my messages to him "I'll let you know when it arrives and leave some great feedback"... which I do to pretty much give a strong hint... and then I leave feedback... and then I get no love in return.. what's up?...

Is it something I'm doing wrong.. LOL. I've got over 50 deals on RCG, I've got about as many on RCU, I've got several ratings on EBay... All positive feedback, never one negative. I'm a straight shooter, I'm just wanting a little of the same I try to give is all. So...

Thanks for remembering next time... for whomever you buy from or sell too. It's just a little rant/reminder somebody might need.

I figured this was the most appropriate forum to leave this message. I'm stepping off the soap box now.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-05-2019, 05:45 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Trader Rating: 2
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,423 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Agreed....I sold about 10 items this year for a flyers widow and I think I got 1 review from it.
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 12-01-2019, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by flynut007
Trader Rating: 7
United States, TX
Joined Dec 2007
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I have left many good ratings to people I’ve bought from, but so many will not respond back with the same. I don’t get it!
flynut007 is offline Find More Posts by flynut007
Old 12-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,016 Posts
I've bought many things here and rarely received feedback. Going to leave feedback on a recent transaction now!
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 12-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
Trader Rating: 3
I fly 12 months a year
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,022 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I drove 3 1/2 hours one way to pick up an airframe from a seller who has almost 80 positive feedbacks I reminded him to leave me feedback I left him positive feedback and he did not do the same for me. My new policy is you go first or no soup for you.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 12-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by Mrfoambuilder
Trader Rating: 13
I fly 3C
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jun 2018
24 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
It's a whole lot harder to leave feedback, than to spend your money. They actually have to get on the KB and type. I have had the very same problem, and do not buy if they cannot be respectful of My time and money
Mrfoambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mrfoambuilder
Old 12-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Trader Rating: 17
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,093 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Feedback was the one thing that RCU's marketplace was good at driving years ago. The board used by FG and RCG makes it actual...you know...work. People tend to be just lazy enough to avoid doing work.
RCAddiction is online now Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 12-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,908 Posts
It also could be if the transaction goes good,the buyer or seller may feel no need to report.only the bad experience's get reported.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 12-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
It also could be if the transaction goes good,the buyer or seller may feel no need to report.only the bad experience's get reported.
I've felt quite the contrary actually. In the very few deals that didn't go the way I expected(very slow, terrible communication, etc..), I've been reluctant to post any negative feedback. Partly because I didn't want to be retaliated on... and the other part was I've never been totally screwed on a deal fortunately.

The worst deal was a guy took 5 weeks to ship a $300 engine, and kept putting me off... but eventually I got the engine. Outside of that it's always just been slow shippers, or slow buyers(people that commit then take days or more to pay), but honestly those were many years ago... So I haven't felt too bad about not leaving feedback there. No deal I've done was a total loss. If it were I would leave total negative feedback.

Recent deals here on this site really have went well, and I'm pleased with them.. which is the reason I've left positive feedback(and will continue to for good deals)... but it's still perplexing why some haven't given me the same... but oh well. It sounds like I'm not the only one perplexed here.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 12-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Trader Rating: 55
Gimmie the sticks-I'll fly it.
United States, ID, Meridian
Joined Dec 2012
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Agreed. I do my darnedest to leave feedback. Whether a seller or a purchaser, I make sure the people I do business with get recognised. It is common courtesy and respect. Alas, I have not received all I have given in return. Remember everyone, the feedback rating is not to just report how a deal went. It is more over an indication of the character of the individuals we deal with. I would much sooner purchase at a HIGHER price from someone that has a solid reputation, than to make a purchase that is well below fair market value from someone that does not have a good rating. And honestly, this is not a fair basis to make a judgement call. If John Brown has done absolutely awesome when purchasing and buying and yet gets no itrader rating, how are we to know what kind of a gentleman he is? Please, for everyone's sake, take a moment to click on the "Submit Trader Feedback" link below the individuals avatar. It really is very easy and takes a moment of your time. The system is pretty easy to navigate. If I can do it, anyone can.
Stangflyer is offline Find More Posts by Stangflyer
Old 12-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Trader Rating: 25
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,156 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
To be honest with you there is some hustle in the matter. First issue is if one of the parties isn't interested in feedback weather it is the buyer who is satisfied with what they have or the seller who as well does not want more. However, I have noticed that you have to ask bluntly for a feedback and make sure to let the person know you will also be submitting feedback and just mention how important it is for you. Hopefully they understand and do leave feedback.
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Old 12-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by crankcase
Trader Rating: 134
www.baddogsmokes.com
United States, MN, Isanti
Joined Apr 2016
353 Posts
Trader Rating: 134
If I'm selling something, once I get payment, buyer gets a positive feedback. If I'm a buyer, I will usually give a positive feedback once I know the item has shipped. This typically motivates the other party to reciprocate. TR feedback can be edited, although I have never needed to.

I always try to send tracking info to buyers. If I still haven't heard from buyers a few days after I know the item arrived - A polite PM ensuring that the item arrived in good condition and is what they expected is in order.

In my own experiences, I have found that quite often if a seller takes the effort to communicate tracking info when the item ships - then getting a trader rating is usually not an issue.
crankcase is offline Find More Posts by crankcase
Old 12-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Trader Rating: 39
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,194 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I'll be quite honest....there's been more than one time here on FG and on RCG that I've bought/sold items and forgotten to post a rating until I went back through some PM's and checked info against the person on the other side. Of course there are quite a few times that I haven't been left any either.
Maybe the best solution is to 'poke' at the person you did the deal with via a PM so that everyone gets all the POSITIVES they deserve?
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old Today, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by ROFF
Trader Rating: 12
United States, TX, Heath
Joined Oct 2015
129 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
The feedback system can be a bit cumbersome in that it requires a link to the sale thread. Not really tough on a proper computer but on a mobile devise it’s kind of a pain and must another obstacle to leaving feedback.

At least for me with my fat thumbs and dirty hands.
ROFF is online now Find More Posts by ROFF
Old Today, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by ww2collector
Trader Rating: 4
AMA 72859...I miss you, Dad!
United States, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jan 2011
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Let's see: My feedback left for others- 9
My feedback received- 4