logo
Old 06-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by Ozmodeller
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jun 2008
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
In the past I have purchased a few hangar 9 planes and had very little problems with them, I have had to reinforce a couple of firewalls and chose not to use some of the hardware that comes the plane.

I have heard though the grapevine that Hangar 9 planes are now made by the same company who makes seagull planes. I have not bought a Hangar 9 plane recently but I was advised the quality of the kits are not what they use to be and you still pay allot for them.

I wanted to get myself a brand new 100cc 3D model and i wanted to find out if anyone knows much about the Extra 300X and what there thoughts are. I know there are other brands to chose from but you have to pay really high freight costs to get them sent and i am talking in the range of $1,000 + and that does not include duty.
I recently purchased the H9 XCub, in the last 5 or 6 years or so I have had quite a number of their aircraft and all have been apart from some very small issues of very acceptable quality.

Unfortunately, the XCub whilst of good construction generally the fit and finish of some parts leaves a little to be desired. I know that whilst shipping damage is sometimes unavoidable the overall finish of my cowl is quite bad, the colour appears to be way off with the covering, most of the panel lines have had a very heavy primer coat which has filled them in and whoever painted it looks to have been his/her first effort (also had the shipping damage).

The top hatch is a poor fit with a fairly decent gap of about 3mm tapering to zero and the covering job is also not up to what I have come to expect from H9 aircraft. Additionally, some of the composite parts required some re-work to get them to fit properly.

There have been numerous other smaller issues which combined with the above has made me a little disappointed in the manufacturers quality control, I do believe that the quality has declined somewhat or maybe I am just a little too picky (quite possibly true).
Ozmodeller is offline Find More Posts by Ozmodeller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Joined Mar 2010
3,874 Posts
I have to echo the above. I have had or currently own a 3.1 Suhkoi, a 33% Pawnee, a 36% Decathlon, a 60cc Mustang, and the latest X Cub. The Mustang is a beautiful airplane but the overall workmanship is fair to good. Same with the Cub. The newer stuff is coming out of Vietnam, whereas the older planes and the Suhkoi are coming out of China. Ali shared with me that the Ultra Stik is coming out of the same factor as the Cub, which was a surprise, as the fit and finish of the Stiks I have seen is quite good.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply