logo
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Muttdog is offline
Find More Posts by Muttdog
Registered User
Muttdog's Avatar
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Feb 2013
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Will report back one i have more

There's more? Impressive.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-12-2019, 03:41 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Ok So Basically the 125-532 (Which comes in 3W Tanks) Is a 2 screen and 2 Felt unit,
I cant really get this one here in AUS, but Walbro advised that the 125-528 Is Identical except only one filter screen, Same size etc.

So In closing the 125-532 & 528 are great for our applications and if you have two carbs have two lines and clunks.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 03:43 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttdog View Post
There's more? Impressive.
Lol yes i know its not ground breaking info, But like to get all the facts i can
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Hinckley Bill is online now
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Registered User
Hinckley Bill's Avatar
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Ok So Basically the 125-532 (Which comes in 3W Tanks) Is a 2 screen and 2 Felt unit,
I cant really get this one here in AUS, but Walbro advised that the 125-528 Is Identical except only one filter screen, Same size etc.

So In closing the 125-532 & 528 are great for our applications and if you have two carbs have two lines and clunks.
Sure do appreciate the 'sleuthing' you've done to provide all of us with this information....definitely very useful


Bill
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill View Post
Sure do appreciate the 'sleuthing' you've done to provide all of us with this information....definitely very useful


Bill
Thanks for that Bill, Appreciate the Kind Words,
I like to give back to FG community when i can
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 08:37 PM
mattlydon is offline
Find More Posts by mattlydon
Registered User
United States, NY, Tappan
Joined Sep 2006
79 Posts
Re-animating this thread, iíve Always used the large walbros (532s) with no issue on my 100cc and below ships without issues. Reading through this thread, it seems like thatís whatís been covered, as well as the 2 carb 200cc guys using 2 clunks.....which is basically feeding 2 100cc engines that happen to share a crankcase.....

As Iím currently finishing a project using a gp176, the whole fuel restriction issue is suddenly very immediate.

On the one hand I like my felt clunks for lack of bubbles, on the other donít want to be dealing with fuel starvation.

Given that a 170 size engine burns roughly 100cc a minute, i would think the flow rate tested (1 minute 12 secs i believe) should be more than sufficient, but some posters claim not.....

I would really prefer not to go to the 3w tank with huge clunk, as those suckers weigh 8oz, as opposed to my Fuji/psp/walbro only weighs 3.5, yet donít really want to go unfiltered (btw, I always use a hanger9 inline gold as well)

So what are all the large engine folks doing? (Single carb) And is good inline filter feasible instead, or would it accumulate bubbles until a death-bubble is releases, killing the motor?

One other point to those who advocate straight with filters on the can - when you empty the tank back not your can at the end of the day, youíre drawing any crap in the tank into the Ďplaneí side of your can filter....next time out, youíre putting it back in the plane, unless you dump the first few cranks....

Matt
mattlydon is offline Find More Posts by mattlydon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 08:50 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Hi Matt,

I’d be inclined to run two clunks in the tank and use a y peice outside of the tank then to the carb doubling your fuel potential fuel sucking power , The clunk lines I would have one at the back of the tank and one a little further forward that way the won’t back around unit each otther

I think the 176 will be fine with a single large clunk and line,
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 10:04 PM
orthobird is offline
Find More Posts by orthobird
I hammer at 1500 feet
orthobird's Avatar
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
8,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Hi Matt,

Iíd be inclined to run two clunks in the tank and use a y peice outside of the tank then to the carb doubling your fuel potential fuel sucking power , The clunk lines I would have one at the back of the tank and one a little further forward that way the wonít back around unit each otther

I think the 176 will be fine with a single large clunk and line,
felt or no felt?

to felt or not to felt, that is the question?
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 10:09 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Lol I’d say felt it with dual clunks
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 07:20 AM
JuStOnE is online now
Find More Posts by JuStOnE
1988 IAC Unlimited Champion
JuStOnE's Avatar
United States, PA, Lumberville
Joined Jul 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Lol Iíd say felt it with dual clunks
That's what she said!
JuStOnE is online now Find More Posts by JuStOnE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 07:47 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuStOnE View Post
That's what she said!
THAT'S FUNNY, Earle!!

Maybe it is time to take a look outside of what has been done in this segment of modeling.

Peeking over the fence, you may come upon what is called in the jet world as a UAT. This is standard on all jets but unused in gas engines. This Air Trap, negates the need for a "felt" clunk and will trap any air and also is a filter for fuel going the engine.

The filter is changeable (depending on the manufacturer) and all it needs is a wrench to pull the filter out. The one I have been using is from Jet Model Products.

It's good to see alternatives to what we have always been using. It then widens the choices.
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 09:44 AM
RCAddiction is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Registered User
RCAddiction's Avatar
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,148 Posts
So it's basically a filtered hopper tank? (glow heli reference from back when I was actually flying those things)
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 10:19 AM
wmat7039 is offline
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
wmat7039's Avatar
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
So it's basically a filtered hopper tank? (glow heli reference from back when I was actually flying those things)
Yup!!
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuStOnE View Post
That's what she said!
Hahah thatís a Good one lol
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 04:04 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Registered User
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
THAT'S FUNNY, Earle!!

Maybe it is time to take a look outside of what has been done in this segment of modeling.

Peeking over the fence, you may come upon what is called in the jet world as a UAT. This is standard on all jets but unused in gas engines. This Air Trap, negates the need for a "felt" clunk and will trap any air and also is a filter for fuel going the engine.

The filter is changeable (depending on the manufacturer) and all it needs is a wrench to pull the filter out. The one I have been using is from Jet Model Products.

It's good to see alternatives to what we have always been using. It then widens the choices.
W
Nice option but wow there expensive Iíd assume for Most of our engines we could use a small size , nice little unit tho. But I think for me and many others were better off for our purpose to stick to the felt clunks there simple inexpensive and work well and light weight .

But hey itís a good idea and if it was 1/4 the price Iíd get one
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools