logo
This thread is privately moderated by Al Lewis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by pe reivers
The netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
2,235 Posts
Why don't you read the RCexl rant????
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=78266
pe reivers is offline Find More Posts by pe reivers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
I have a DA60, and I am wondering if anybody else has used the TM1000 with the SPMA9569 RPM sensor on a DA60?

Thanks
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by sgoen
Fly hard, turn left!
Northern, IN
Joined Mar 2006
239 Posts
On a DLE 30 or any gas engine. When you go from idle to full throttle and the engine hesitates and there is a popping noise at full throttle, is the carb to rich or lean on high end?
sgoen is offline Find More Posts by sgoen
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by jarheadflyer
United States, ID, Hazelton
Joined Oct 2009
788 Posts
I would think it is to rich
Just remember, little adjusments make huge changes so dont go to cranking the needles around
jarheadflyer is offline Find More Posts by jarheadflyer
Old 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by cool
Joined Aug 2008
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoen View Post
On a DLE 30 or any gas engine. When you go from idle to full throttle and the engine hesitates and there is a popping noise at full throttle, is the carb to rich or lean on high end?
the low speed needle "L" could be too LEAN.
adjust a bit like 1/8 turn and try again. PLEASE DON'T DO ADJUSTMENTS WHILE ENGINE IS RUNNING.
cheers.
cool is offline Find More Posts by cool
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
Quote:
The hesitation could be a rich indication. The popping could be a timing issue or even an ignition issue. Start with the easiest things first. Are you using good gas? Small adjustments to carb. Make sure ignition battery is good and charged. I know on older versions of DLE engines, the ignition battery had to regulated below 6 volts, so a 5 cell nmh unregulated pack would be too much. I'm not sure about current versions however.
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Joined May 2009
133 Posts
I had th old one and it did things like that and died. So I bought the new one and it goes from 4.8 volts to 9 volts no problem and the engine fired right up on the 2nd flip. Runs like a top and this is the DLE 30 they say the first thing to check in the plug wire it always breaks when you put the plane in to the ground even just losing your landing gear on a hard landing it is the first thing to hit the ground. You can bench test it with water to see if the boot or wire is leaking electric it takes the path of least resistance. But to me it was worth buying the new one that takes the higher voltages much better set up no regulator's http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_Engines.html
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined May 2010
117 Posts
Quote:
See Posts 671 and 685 in this thread to see and hear what a DL20 sounds like with a bad ignition module and a new module. My carb settings were fine, the ignition was bad and it would hesitate on acceleration and miss at high speeds. If yours sounds like the one in my videos, then a bad ignition may be your problem.
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
Last edited by kingsflyer; 04-08-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by ultra6a
Charlotte, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
I have a Brillelli 60 that will not hold it's idle when landing.
Start the engine, trim at a relatively fast idle, take off and motor performs great. However when landing the idle drops to the point where the engine shuts off. Worried that on a windy day this could be a real problem. Guys at the field have suggested that I just increase the throttle trim prior to landing, but I would like to figure out why it is doing this. Engine always held the idle in the past.
ultra6a is offline Find More Posts by ultra6a
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra6a View Post
I have a Brillelli 60 that will not hold it's idle when landing.
Start the engine, trim at a relatively fast idle, take off and motor performs great. However when landing the idle drops to the point where the engine shuts off. Worried that on a windy day this could be a real problem. Guys at the field have suggested that I just increase the throttle trim prior to landing, but I would like to figure out why it is doing this. Engine always held the idle in the past.
Have you checked throttle linkage? Could be the servo isn't centering back properly and causing the problem. Maybe in the throttle linkage itself. Does the motor quit when the motor is idled at other times other than landing?
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by ultra6a
Charlotte, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFLYR View Post
Have you checked throttle linkage? Could be the servo isn't centering back properly and causing the problem. Maybe in the throttle linkage itself. Does the motor quit when the motor is idled at other times other than landing?
Only happens when landing. However, I check the linkage/servo per your suggestion.
ultra6a is offline Find More Posts by ultra6a
Old 04-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by pe reivers
The netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
2,235 Posts
Apart from sloppy linkage:
When landing, the engine is windmilling a lot, so it can load up if the idle is set too rich.
Another possibility is that the crankcase seals are worn out, and the hot engine draws air where it should not.
pe reivers is offline Find More Posts by pe reivers
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by spiritrc
Ya I got That
Joined Feb 2010
349 Posts
I got a DLE 60 I just started on sunday. It started and ran ok on the first run, sounded like there was a small miss and then stalled, total run time about 5 min. Since then I have not been able to keep it running for more than 10 seconds. It is or should i say was running on a single life bat with a opto kill switch and a version 2 rcxel ignition . I had a two line fuel system and thought I saw small air bubbles in it so I changed to a three line and no more bubbles but still wont run for more than 10 seconds and when it does start there is no reaction to advancing the throttle. I guess I will try to remove the opto and see what happens then. Any other thoughts?
Thanks
James
spiritrc is offline Find More Posts by spiritrc
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Open the low needle up.
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by spiritrc
Ya I got That
Joined Feb 2010
349 Posts
No luck opening the low needle. Doing the same will run for about 5-10 sec. and then die. No throttle response at all while running.
spiritrc is offline Find More Posts by spiritrc

Quick Reply