logo
Old 01-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by Al Czervik
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2006
455 Posts
Smoke System/Battery Setup

I'm curious to try smoke for the first time and want to do so in an Extreme Flight Yak 87. I currently use a Fromeco 2400 on the ign. and 2 2400's on the receiver.

Considering weight will be a big factor because smoke really isn't recommended for a 50cc sized plane, I was wanting to share the power off of one of the redundant receiver batteries or the ignition battery.

All of this wouldn't be a problem but I'm using XPS 2.4 which only has eight channels and I could use one more channel to have enough to run the power to the smoke system out of the receiver. I plan to ditch XPS once Futaba FASST hits the market, but again their receiver only has 8 channels.

Could I run a Y splitter out of the ignition battery to share the ignition with the smoke system or would that cause enough amp draw to cut my ignition out?

Could I run a Y splitter with one of the receiver batteries to power the smoke system?

Yes, I could run the receiver with one battery and use the other one solely for the smoke system, but I have had receiver batteries go bad..therefore I like to use a redundant setup.
Al Czervik is offline Find More Posts by Al Czervik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply