logo
Old 04-05-2008, 02:34 AM
Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Doo It! Doo It!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2007
195 Posts
Re: Good second Plane?.

Nexstar's aren't bad. Infact they come with a proper look full height undercarriage unlke one homebuilt I've seen.... Remember to account for another 6" in the budget Alex :-)
Mr Loopy is offline Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by Falkenberg
Gettin' there
Denmark
Joined Oct 2006
57 Posts

Hey!

Last summer i was in the same situation as you. I stuffed around and couldent decide, but then i saw the Bossanova 3D from ripmax and *WHAM* i rushed down in my LHS and bought it.

http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemi...9&Category=010

Building is very easy and without any complications (even i could figure the manual out) I fly with a OS 46 AX and its very nice and light servos are 3001 allaround but a 3010 in the elevator. My wing loading is about 30gram/sqcm and thats not much!!

You nearly cant stall it, it just soars in to landings, dosent tipstalls even at 0 flying speed!

The only - about it is the landing gear. mine collapsed the first day of flying with it. I decided to go use 50$ and bought a CF landing gear and some blindnuts+nylonbolts and a new peace of wood to put it in. The CF gear is a little higher than the standard and actuatly makes landing and take off easier!

Also the hover skills are incredible. I have a buddy that have flown the ucando46 and 60 and a bunch of other 3D planes - hes says that the Bossanova is the easiest hoverable plane he have tried!

I can only recommend the Bossanova as the 2. plane! its awsome!!

videos: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rc&search_type=
Falkenberg is offline Find More Posts by Falkenberg
Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowman2513 View Post
I know this is sort of off the topic, but what do you think would be a good trainer? I have been looking at the Hobbico Nexstar plane, and i think i am just going to buy a used one off of ebay just to save some money, plus the plane doesnt need to be brand spanking new for my first plane. I have been flying this realflight simulater G4 demo and i am actually getting a pretty good hang of it. I think it will be pretty different though when i actually use the controller and not the keyboard. But any way, i have really been looking at this plane and i was just trying to get some feedback on people to see if they what kind of expireience they have had with it. i would greatly appreciate feedback and i hope to hear from you guys. Thanks a lot!!!!!
I learned on the Nexstar and my sons trained on the same one. They are an excellent trainer IMHO. I bought the complete package with the sim and it made it very easy to learn. I recently bought one of the ARF versions ($99.00) and transferred all of the equipment over to it for my grandson. Now he has a brand new Nexstar to learn on.
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by alec taylor
Uber Contributor
Gore Southland New Zealand
Joined May 2006
625 Posts

you are right. the uc came out a bit long so icut it down a bit. now its a bit short. will put larger wheels on one day. at least it does not tip on its nose in long grass and bust that mega dollar prop. alex
alec taylor is offline Find More Posts by alec taylor
Old 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by justplanecrazynz
Flyin' Around
New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
Joined Mar 2008
21 Posts

Hey I started with a goldberg eagle II trainer, still fly it. have got a 300s as a second. Does anyone know of anywhere in nz that does precision cutting for rc kits off the plans?
justplanecrazynz is offline Find More Posts by justplanecrazynz
Old 04-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Chch, New Zealand
Joined May 2006
254 Posts

There are a number of sign shops that have computer cnc routing machines, they should have no trouble cutting from a .dxf file. You'd have to digitise the plans (or pay the sign shop a lot of money to do it for you)

I have also spoken to laser engravers and enquired about getting stuff laser cut, I know there is a place in Chch that was able to do it for me (again from a .dxf) and I am sure there will be places in Auckland that will do the same - check out the yellow pages.

Cheers
NZ Scythe is offline Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Old 04-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,474 Posts

Fourstar 60,, can't go wrong,,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 04-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by yellowman2513
When did that tree appear?
St. Louis, Missouri, United States, North America, Earth, MilkyWay, Space
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

hey Alex, i was actually thinking that i was going to buy the p51 pts ARF version and buy all the parts i want. Since it is a trainer, do you think i would be ok with that. thanks for the feedback
yellowman2513 is offline Find More Posts by yellowman2513
Old 04-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by mikel7099
Pa
Joined Sep 2006
1,569 Posts

New World Models Mach 1 or Mach 2 cheap and fly great!
mikel7099 is offline Find More Posts by mikel7099
Old 04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott
Will fly for food.
United States, NC, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2006
1,076 Posts

Four Star series, then to a Sig Kougar if you can find one...getting scarce (Sig should ARF that one, it is a great sport plane, ARE YOU LISTENING SIG????) then move on to a profile. Mojo 40 or 60, OMP Katana or Fusion.

Don't be in a rush to build a $2000+ GS aerobat. The quickest way to loose that $2K, is to try to fly it before you are ready. Don't be:
Jonathan Ott is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott

Quick Reply