Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by 4Play
Flyin' Around
colorado
Joined Aug 2007
3 Posts
Josh,

Great Job for the Huck Fest!!!!! Make it happen again next year I know we'll drive from Northern Colorado again.

Thanks guys
Craig
4Play is offline Find More Posts by 4Play
Old 07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by tenspeed59
Wing and a Prayer Repair
United States, CO, Fremont
Joined Mar 2010
74 Posts
Ok folks......everyone has had enough time to digest all that this event was and still is.....so lets hear what each of your ideas and suggestions are for next years 2013 Flying Giants HUCKFEST in South Dakota....I suppose I'll start by saying the following ideas that I have....

1) Fly-Low Girls.
2) An announcer on the mic a LOT more of the time.....describing to the crowd what some of the maneuvers are called and that sort of thing.....or maybe two announcers.....the "color" guy....and the "play-by-play" guy....like in most sporting events.
3) Turn the runway some other direction so the Sun is not a problem.
4) Bring back that very same catering business....their food was AWESOME!
5) Pylon racing is a definite "must have" for the event.
6) Like at the larger car shows.....maybe have a "plane corral" for the planes and such offered for sale.
7) A daily Pilots Meeting and briefing time set aside for safety's sake.
8) During the Pilots Meeting, there may be introductions all around and each other's User names from FG here announced....I am still having a lot of difficulty putting some of the usernames from this forum to the faces and names that I met. That part realllllly sucked for me.
9) Make certain to order up the EXACT same weather for next years HUCKFEST!!!....hahaha...I just had to throw that in.
10) Do some sort of a POKER RUN while actually flying kind of a contest, spread out over the several days of the show....You fly part of a routine or what have you, and get one card....later on fly another part of the routine....get another card....etc etc etc.....by the end of the event every one shows their best hand for a prize.
11) More vendors and hobby shop stuff for sale on site.
12) I loved the "honor system" deal of a donation for the eats served during the event....that was a DEFINITE HIT!!!
13) More smoke planes flying!!!

All in all, a great time of flying was had by everyone, from what I was able to see and tell, myself included of course.
Lets hear everyone else's two cents worth on here also please.
Thanks,
Mark
tenspeed59 is offline Find More Posts by tenspeed59
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by nesikachad
Crashing sucks!
Sturgis, South Dakota
Joined Jun 2007
1,042 Posts
My thoughts:

The "single greatest trick" event *hit or get off the pot!
PYLON, PYLON, PYLON

Maybe even "endurance pylon" ???? "The two hours at Rapid City. . ." Pit stops, refuels, recharge batteries/change batteries, whatever.

Demonstration flights:

We are blessed with two of the most talented WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP level pilots in the world. AJ and ol Lyle Larson. Bug the two of them to no end to come out and show how go fast/turn left REALLY gets done.

MORE DEMO FLIGHTS!

I know there's folks around this area with wild stuff. Multi engine, scale bombers, etc. Get them to come and put a show on! Think of all the scale guys that come out for WarBirds down in CO. Lets invite them up!

As Zack said in years past, "it's a party."

I'm going to work like the devil to get my 42% Formula One Pro Kelly finished up for next year. 180+mph!

Gotta have looooottttttsssss more runway to land though. at least 750ft of grass for sure.

Limbo contest?

Spot landing challenge?
nesikachad is offline Find More Posts by nesikachad
Old 07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by reelcoolfish
Doo It! Doo It!
Joined Mar 2008
282 Posts
My suggestions....

-Runway orientation (if possible)....I did love it in the AM
- Plane 4 sale corral
- Make the goods four sale (raffle, T-shirts, fees) and costs more obvious??? Maybe I'm just blind?
- Please, please, please make the throw-down contest a few hours earlier in the day. Wind is almost always worse in the afternoon, we were very lucky that particular day.
- Everyone bring extra wing bolts for Chad, he's going to need them for that 180 mph plane! Helmets are optional, but strongly recommended.

It was awesome, good job with everything Josh!
reelcoolfish is offline Find More Posts by reelcoolfish
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by ToolJoint
Flyin' Around
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Thank you to everyone for this awesome event. My nephew and I fly in a small town in Wyoming, and were looking to get more involved in our favorite pastime by meeting some people and mixing it up with others in the area. Boy did we find it here. I was the guy looking for help on the T-6 maiden, and I would like to thank Mr. Rob Black for his expert stick and rudder, patience, airmanship, and willingness to help out. I have been around a lot of organizations that started out fun, but the fun was quickly run aground by egos. That is certainly not the case here. For us, this event was about people. So many people willing to share advice, experience, and a very, very good time. Two thumbs up from this Wyoming Cowboy to Josh, Flying Giants, Who's Hobbby, and all the great people of Rapid City that made this event such a spectacular success. We can't wait for next year.
ToolJoint is offline Find More Posts by ToolJoint
Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by peteflyrc
United States, MT, Fallon
Joined Apr 2007
35 Posts
so when is huck this year
peteflyrc is offline Find More Posts by peteflyrc
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by aarestor
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Dec 2007
1,068 Posts
There is no official Huck Fest this year. We are hosting a 3D fest this coming week end.
aarestor is offline Find More Posts by aarestor

Quick Reply