logo
Old 09-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by Threepete
United States, OH, Beavercreek
Joined Jul 2019
42 Posts
Well, I reprogrammed it 3 more times and it finally took. Speed is back to normal. This servo is very smooth and quiet. It is awesome and I would highly recommend the D955. I really appreciate Hitec stepping up and upgrading me from the twitchy 7955.
Threepete is offline Find More Posts by Threepete
Last edited by Threepete; 09-14-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepete View Post
Truckracer, I just received my replacement 955 and installed it. It rotated VERY slow. I hooked up the programmer and found the speed to be set on 10%. I increased the speed to 100% but it didn't change the speed of the rotation. Any thoughts?
If you ever have issues with the programmer, feel free to shoot me a PM. I know it inside and out and did testing on it when they were working on the software.

It is odd thought that the servo was set to 10% out of the box
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 09-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Joined Jul 2019
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
If you ever have issues with the programmer, feel free to shoot me a PM. I know it inside and out and did testing on it when they were working on the software.

It is odd thought that the servo was set to 10% out of the box
I thought so too. I have programmed a lot of servos and feel I did everything correct. It was really weird that it was set at 10% and it took several attempts to get it to 100%, it just finally took. This was the first "D" series I've worked with. Maybe I just unplugged the programmer before it stored the data. It's all good now.... really good. I cant explain the 10% setting from the factory. Its was a free replacement directly from Hitec, maybe it was used in tests.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts
I still like plug n play like the good old days but todays servos can be too much unless your flying 12 or more channels . all we want is smooth/fast HV high torque servos that don't twitch or need adjusting
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 09-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Joined Jul 2019
42 Posts
This new Hitec D955 is a huge improvement over any servo I've ever tried. Especially for those flying giant scale where programming is imperative.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:35 PM
desert racer
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts
ok so there programmable and slow, with only 400oz at full V I might be lacking. I need 1200oz per surface for the 40% so combo'd the other mfgs 630 X 2
Old 09-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
ok so there programmable and slow, with only 400oz at full V I might be lacking. I need 1200oz per surface for the 40% so combo'd the other mfgs 630 X 2
You'd actually be surprised at how little torque you realistically need for control surfaces. It's only inexperienced modelers with poor geometry that feel the need for high torque values, 400oz/in per servo is a gratuity. The only reason manufacturers use, for example, 2 servos per aileron (or more) on 35%+ models is just due to the control surface flexing in flight from normal aerodynamic loads upon it. Some brands of 35% composite models don't need 2 aileron servos per aileron because the aileron doesn't flex, and fly incredible on just one 400oz/in servo per surface.

Power setup and distribution also has a lot to do with it as well. Poor power supply and your servos will suffer, leading you to think you need bigger servos to do the job.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
Quote:
I still like plug n play like the good old days but todays servos can be too much unless your flying 12 or more channels . all we want is smooth/fast HV high torque servos that don't twitch or need adjusting

Aeh man to that.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 09-16-2019, 07:00 PM
desert racer
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
You'd actually be surprised at how little torque you realistically need for control surfaces. It's only inexperienced modelers with poor geometry that feel the need for high torque values, 400oz/in per servo is a gratuity. The only reason manufacturers use, for example, 2 servos per aileron (or more) on 35%+ models is just due to the control surface flexing in flight from normal aerodynamic loads upon it. Some brands of 35% composite models don't need 2 aileron servos per aileron because the aileron doesn't flex, and fly incredible on just one 400oz/in servo per surface.

Power setup and distribution also has a lot to do with it as well. Poor power supply and your servos will suffer, leading you to think you need bigger servos to do the job.
I have had many servos that weren't up to par stall during flights , whether it be the jets , slopers , helis or 40% plane.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
I have had many servos that weren't up to par stall during flights , whether it be the jets , slopers , helis or 40% plane.
I won't argue what you've experienced, however in my experience (this comes from a lot of industry experience as well) if a servo does stall it can't be singled out to just an inadequate servo, particularly one with actual 400oz/in capability
Old 10-12-2019, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by Walid
Joined Nov 2016
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepete View Post
I have a new 7955TG servo that randomly twitches. It twitches while idle with no load, it twitches while rotating under a load. It does it on every channel and on my servo programmer.

I've sent it to Hitec who told me they replaced the circuit board but it came back doing the same thing. Anyone have a similar experience?
What receiver are you using? Reason being Spektrum receiver on MKS777A+ makes the servo twitches on a 24" extension. When I change to JR receiver and put 4 feet extension all good and no problem. Clarity of signal is key
Walid is offline Find More Posts by Walid
Last edited by Walid; 10-12-2019 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Added info

Quick Reply