logo
Old 08-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by roxberrym
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Discussion
2018 Mid-Michigan IMAC Contest

Hard to believe that another year has come and gone but The Mid-Michigan IMAC contest is just two weeks away! As one of the longest running IMAC contests in the North Central Region, the Mid-Michigan is the must attend event of the summer. . The Jackson RC Club invites you to join us for a great weekend of aerobatic fun and friendship. The announcement and flyer are on the IMAC website for additional information and to pre-register. Pre-registration is appreciated so we can adequately plan for our concession stand. As usual, Ms. Pam will have her delicious sloppy joes and all the fixin’s. Saturday evening dinner will be at the local favorite Steaks Eatery-great food, great libations, great prices and great fun.
Support your North Central contests so we can continue to hold great local events throughout our region. Your support is needed. Make your plans now to attend the Mid-Michigan IMAC Contest, Jackson, Michigan, August 18-19, 2017. Pete Dillon field will be open on Friday, Aug 17 for practice. See you there!
roxberrym is offline Find More Posts by roxberrym
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-13-2018, 07:30 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Weather is looking great for this weekend in Jackson . 79, 81 and 81 degrees for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Looks like my order for perfect flying weather came through. Sure hope you can make it to the Mid-Michigan this weekend. Come join us.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:17 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
MID-MICHIGAN IMAC
Overall, there were 18 pilots flying in the MID-MICHIGAN IMAC contest. In no particular order they were: Aaron Schrader, Cam McCausey, David Mott, Glen Lundrigan, Jeff Reighard, Jim Norton, Juan Rosa, Matt Komar, Michael Pollock, Michael Roxberry, Mike Karnes, Paul Deppe, Philip Shea, Randy Brunette, Ray Morton, Robert Willis, Tom Wheeler and William Hauch. These pilots flew a grand total of 324 judged sequences.

Philip Shea won the Basic class. There were 4 pilots in Basic. The winning order was: (1) Philip Shea, (2) Aaron Schrader, (3) Michael Pollock and (4) Juan Rosa. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 660.3 to a high of 7,494.8 (a range of 6,834.5 points).

Jim Norton won the Sportsman class. There were 7 pilots in Sportsman. The winning order was: (1) Jim Norton, (2) Jeff Reighard, (3) Michael Roxberry, (4) Paul Deppe, (5) Randy Brunette, (6) William Hauch and (7) David Mott. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 5,086.6 to a high of 7,432.8 (a range of 2,346.2 points).

Matt Komar won the Intermediate class. There were 3 pilots in Intermediate. The winning order was: (1) Matt Komar, (2) Robert Willis and (3) Glen Lundrigan. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 6,264.7 to a high of 7,500 (a range of 1,235.3 points).

Tom Wheeler won the Advanced class. There were 2 pilots in Advanced. The winning order was: (1) Tom Wheeler and (2) Mike Karnes. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 2,325 to a high of 4,000 (a range of 1,675 points).

Ray Morton won the Unlimited class. There were 2 pilots in Unlimited. The winning order was: (1) Ray Morton and (2) Cam McCausey. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 7,245.8 to a high of 7,500 (a range of 254.2 points).

Ray Morton won the Seniors class. There were 8 pilots in Seniors. The winning order was: (1) Ray Morton, (2) Jeff Reighard, (3) Michael Roxberry, (4) Paul Deppe, (5) Randy Brunette, (6) William Hauch, (7) Glen Lundrigan and (8) Mike Karnes. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 233.133 to a high of 1,000.000 (a range of 766.867 points).

The tightest competition was for 2nd place in the Sportsman class, with only 21.969 points difference between Jeff Reighard and Michael Roxberry.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by bmgrace
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Sep 2009
4 Posts
Mike:

Glad to see you had a good turn out and contest. Hopefully I can make it for next year.

I miss the sloppy Joe's and the cookies.

Cant forget the steak house and Ice cream parlor.

Why is it IMAC contests are remembered for the food?

Brendan
bmgrace is offline Find More Posts by bmgrace
Old 08-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Brendan,
We missed you buddy. We had a good time. Pam out did herself with the sloppy joes and “Joe Dogs” . We had great cookies too that reminded me of you guys and especially Gaston. Miss that guy! God willing.......next year.
I’ll be at the Worlds and Regionals. Maybe see you there if you are coming down to Muncie. Stay well.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
If next summer is a little more mild and the lake won't be calling my name constantly, I plan on getting back into IMAC more. I have missed it and loved your contest.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 08-20-2018, 05:26 PM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Hey James,
I love the lake too but it will still be there when you get back. We miss seeing you!

Quick Reply