logo
Old 02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by DKjens
DKjens
Sweden, Gävleborg, Söderhamn
Joined Jan 2006
797 Posts
Smart-Fly Power Expander for 14MZ/G3

So, I tried my new 14MZ Tx and G3 Rx in my 37% Yak, and 1 minute into the flight I felt the servos weren’t getting the power they needed to. I am running a Seiko servo on the rudder on its own power, so rudder is not a factor. I am running 6 aileron and 4 elevator servos though, and the aileron servo acted weird after very little time. II called Bob Ritchie at Smart Fly and pleaded for a Power Expander. He agreed to send me a pre-production unit, with the understanding, that it is just that. An extensive range check and preparedness for anything unexpected, including what we all don’t want, would be an accepted criteria. I received the PE Wednesday, installed it Friday, and I flew with it this Saturday and Sunday. Range checks, with antenna mounted, but not expanded, engine off/on, were both in excess of 80 paces, probably 100 yards, so NO difficulties there. My power supply to the PA is a Fromeco 4800 mAh 7.2Volt Li-Ion battery, through a Cermark heavy duty switch, and then to the PE. All connections are Deans plugs. I am not running a voltage regulator, and my 10 x Hitec HS5995TG servos are getting the full voltage from the batteries. The PE has a regulator for the voltage to the Rx. I am running throttle, optical kill, and Seiko servo signal straight from the Rx. This pre-production unit proved itself as ready and problem-free, as any of Bob’s products. I can’t even begin to express how happy I am to be able to test, and thereby, be able to fly, using another of Bob Ritchie’s products. Bob is quiet and silently going to sneak up and take over the market of all those German high $ products, just watch.
Here are a couple of pics of my install. It is not pretty and sany like Darcy’s would, he he, this is an add on, it will get cleaned up. I am running right ailerons servos on channels 1,2,3, left aileron servos channels 4,5,6, right elevator halt on channels 7,8, left elevator half on channel 9,10, rudder on 11, throttle on 12, and optical kill switch on DG1, or 13,
Bob Ritchie, and his products rocks, guys. I will not run another plane without a Power Expander from Smart-fly.
DKjens is offline Find More Posts by DKjens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by cal_mag
California
Joined Jan 2006
199 Posts
Re: Smart-Fly Power Expander for 14MZ/G3

Wow, that's alot of servos, good to hear how well everything works~!
cal_mag is offline Find More Posts by cal_mag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply