Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts
Re: FlyingGiants Keyboard Deathmatch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan View Post
What spins better composite or wood?

Should you use 2 receivers in a composite and one in a wood plane because composite is conductive and reduces reciever sensitivity?

Which is most prone to weathervaning?

I have a BME 115, cans and a well balenced prop. Should I put it in a wood or composite plane?

Because composite is more Rigid is it ok to use JR servos with gear slop?
Actually, the bottle spins better than either material.

To clear up your misunderstanding . the resistance of CF is so high it is more of an RF Dead Zone than an RF Absorber. Fiberglass has zero conductivity, as does Kevlar.

Weathervaning does not exist. . just ask Paffy.

It's never okay to use JR Servos
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

KW wrote:

Quote:
Logistics is the main consideration for any modeler, since it tells him how much bang he is going to get for his buck. $1250 for a plane that flies as well as a $2500 plane is a logistical WIN.
I stopped reading after this since I figure anyone who is so wrong about the use of a word or term will have little of any use to say.

FYI - here is what those pesky dictionary people say about logisitics:

Logistics |ləˈjistiks; lō-| plural noun [treated as sing. or pl. ] the detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many people, facilities, or supplies : the logistics and costs of a vaccination campaign. • Military the organization of moving, housing, and supplying troops and equipment.

You see my confusion?? It has absolutely nothing to do with whatever bizarre point you were trying to make.

I think perhaps you meant value as in:

• the worth of something compared to the price paid or asked for it : at $12.50 the book is a good value.

Now that still has nothing to do with performance of the plane, which is what we are trying to talk about.

The rest of your rant follows your usual trend overly verbose drivel with little to do with the actual subject.

And please, for the love of God, will you get a dictionary and learn to use it so you stop using words incorrectly which makes your already obtuse arguments almost impossible to follow.

I suppose now I will have to try to suffer through your second treatise to see if I can ferret out anything that actually makes any sense and that requires a response.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
KW wrote:

I stopped reading after this since I figure anyone who is so wrong about the use of a word or term will have little of any use to say.

FYI - here is what those pesky dictionary people say about logisitics:

Logistics |ləˈjistiks; lō-| plural noun [treated as sing. or pl. ] the detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many people, facilities, or supplies : the logistics and costs of a vaccination campaign. • Military the organization of moving, housing, and supplying troops and equipment.

You see my confusion?? It has absolutely nothing to do with whatever bizarre point you were trying to make.

I think perhaps you meant value as in:

• the worth of something compared to the price paid or asked for it : at $12.50 the book is a good value.

Now that still has nothing to do with performance of the plane, which is what we are trying to talk about.

The rest of your rant follows your usual trend overly verbose drivel with little to do with the actual subject.

And please, for the love of God, will you get a dictionary and learn to use it so you stop using words incorrectly which makes your already obtuse arguments almost impossible to follow.

I suppose now I will have to try to suffer through your second treatise to see if I can ferret out anything that actually makes any sense and that requires a response.
One thing I have always loved about you Bill. . When you have nothing intelligent to say. . IT SHOWS.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
United States, CT, Farmington
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts

cbk07 is offline Find More Posts by cbk07
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by RADRICH
Hmmm...tastes like chicken!!!!
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

Okay....how'd this thread get started again????
RADRICH is offline Find More Posts by RADRICH
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

In the meantime, since The Judge seems to have so much to say about this entire Wood vs. Compoiste Aircraft thing. . as if it REALLY matters . .I'm going to go over to the Chat and talk with my friends.

One thing for certain. .I really don't give a hoot about winning an argument that is unwinnable. I'm just here to poke ole JUDGE a few times and see if I can make him wear out his keyboard. He takes all this SOOO seriously. . hahahahah

So, you guys sit back, relax, and enjoy watching me make ole Judge bust a blood vessel as he tries to prove all this silly stuff that he thinks is SOO important. It's only important to him. The rest of us just want to fly, have a good time, buy cool planes, and have a few cold ones after the day is done.

Does Judge drink cold ones? maybe that's his problem. .. . .

I'll be back to post again when Judge gives me more ammunition to shoot at him.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Another point that I wanted to make about the superiority of composite materials is not directly related to their performance, which does not seem to matter in this debate anyhow. Composite materials do not contribute to global warming by causing the destruction of trees. This helps IMAC out since it will keep us able to fly in relative comfort in moderate temperatures and will slow down the loss of flying fields due to flooding as sea level rises.

Composites are just the right thing to do, for you, your family, and dare I say it, the country.

And don't get me started on electric versus gas power!!!

So, be a true patriot and fly an electric composite plane. If you don't then you are against the environment and for the terrorists!!!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by paffy
Ozone Park,NY
Joined Jan 2005
921 Posts

Isn't the amount of non-renewable resources used up (and associated CO2 released) on producing glass cloth and epoxy chemicals higher than on cutting down a fast growing balsa tree, which will probably be quickly replaced by another one (and converting CO2 back to carbohydrates and O2) ??

P.
paffy is offline Find More Posts by paffy
Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

Have ya' ever smelled the chemicals used to manufacture said composite material,hummmm...and what happened to all those old batteries, the LANDFILL??!!!..say it aint so!!! hehehe
Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Another point that I wanted to make about the superiority of composite materials is not directly related to their performance, which does not seem to matter in this debate anyhow. Composite materials do not contribute to global warming by causing the destruction of trees. This helps IMAC out since it will keep us able to fly in relative comfort in moderate temperatures and will slow down the loss of flying fields due to flooding as sea level rises.

Composites are just the right thing to do, for you, your family, and dare I say it, the country.

So, be a true patriot and fly an electric composite plane. If you don't then you are against the environment and for the terrorists!!!
JUDGE . .do you ACTUALLY believe what you just typed?????

PLEASE tell me you are more intelligent than this. .
Old 03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

UH-OH!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Louisville,KY
Joined Jan 2007
632 Posts

Quote:

What about rubber bands?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by torquen
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRICH View Post
What about rubber bands?
They come from rubber tree's LOL
torquen is offline Find More Posts by torquen
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by STR8HUCKIN
Lodi CA
Joined Jan 2006
411 Posts

Sooooo which one spins better??
STR8HUCKIN is offline Find More Posts by STR8HUCKIN
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by shannah
Orange County CA
Joined Jan 2006
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
JUDGE . .do you ACTUALLY believe what you just typed?????

PLEASE tell me you are more intelligent than this. .
Please tell us that you didn't believe he was serious
shannah is offline Find More Posts by shannah

Quick Reply