logo
Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
So is this for only Giant Float planes? or anything goes?
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
So is this for only Giant Float planes? or anything goes?
This is for float planes 1/4 scale and up but hey any thing goes as long as it floats or hopes to float!!!!
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Here are a few photos of my families back yard. This is where I fly my float planes. I ran a small float fly a few years ago, would love to do it again. We have room for sea planes and land planes. We usually fly the sea planes though on the house side so we are not flying over the homes. Plus the sun is not in your eyes. Across the lake I fly 50cc gas planes all the time. Havnt got the guts up to fly the 40%ers.

Sorry for the mess we are in the process of rebuilding after a F3 tornado hit us back in April.

Will try to get photos of the planes later. We only have three. A Seamaster, and two others i am unsure of the names.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
The lake in the back yard looks good, are you up for the St Johns river with a float plane or 2. I can haul the pontoon over and launch at the St Johns bridge and SR 40 and make a full day of the trip in late october or November when the heat is gone. Get a roster together and we will make a day.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
The lake in the back yard looks good, are you up for the St Johns river with a float plane or 2. I can haul the pontoon over and launch at the St Johns bridge and SR 40 and make a full day of the trip in late october or November when the heat is gone. Get a roster together and we will make a day.

My seaplanes are on its last leg. The Seamaster was a kit and it has been beat to deaf. Looking for a good replacement ARF! Trying to get my granddad to put his 33% cub on floats!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
I sold this plane and I already miss it....

Lake Havasu Float Fly 2008 - Dave Sullivan World Models 100cc 1/3 Clipped Wing Cub (3 min 40 sec)
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Dave is where I got my itchin for a float plane cub from.

Mine will look very similar. And its overpowered so it'll hover as well.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rede2fly View Post
hey hey hey mike i was a part of getting that fourm started as well. and iam ready to try a float plane too. iam ready for something else. watching 3-d all the time is like watching imac flying. you see one youve seen them all. but i still do it but not as much anymore. i'am too old to keep up with the younger guys. my brain does ok but my fingers just arent as fast as they used to be. its like starting out in imac and competing against younger guys that are less than 20 and are in the top class, practice all you want but you wont catch them. reality sucks but sometimes you have to give in
heck yea!. I here ya, a few years ago when I was the only one at the club with a 50cc plane it was cool being that guy, now theres a few of them and its not much anymore. I will say I fly mine the hardest yet, but heck I havent even flown my 50cc yak this year... between mountain biking and fly fishing its been busy,, and having mostly busted planes I not to quick to build anyway.. I am even flying my mcpx more then anything haha. its just time for something diffenernt. lets get the float flying forum open with sub catagories like giant scale float planes, build threads, general float flying.
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Maybe I ought to organize a fly-in at my place to fly land planes and seaplanes.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Floating Around
Joined Oct 2008
96 Posts
Quote:
It appears there are more float plane fans coming out of the closet than I imagined. This is cool!!!!
The 2012 Nall should be interesting at the lake. Now all we need to do is Talk Pat into landscaping the shore so our ez-ups sit level.LOL
UNDERDOG is offline Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Old 08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOG View Post
It appears there are more float plane fans coming out of the closet than I imagined. This is cool!!!!
The 2012 Nall should be interesting at the lake. Now all we need to do is Talk Pat into landscaping the shore so our ez-ups sit level.LOL
Better yet have a huge dock with a cover over it!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Find More Posts by sgillmore
Jefferson City, MO
Joined Feb 2007
179 Posts
While not quarter-scale, here are a couple of my float planes. The Kadet Senior was great on floats. I sold it a couple years ago and really miss it! The last photo of it was the result of a poorly chosen approach (cross-wind). It was an embarrassing moment, but a cool picture. Amazingly, there was absolutely no damage at all and it flew several more flights that day.

The other plane is a good old SlowStick with a Slow-G autogyro conversion and a SlowStick Flying Boat add-on. I still have this one and it actually works very well because on the water you can let the SlowStick weather-vane into the wind which helps the autogyro heads spool-up. However, with the extra drag from the rotors and the boat, plus the weight of the boat, it really puts a load on the power system.
sgillmore is offline Find More Posts by sgillmore
Old 08-16-2011, 04:51 AM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebender View Post
I saw this video a while back and have enjoyed watching it. Dave, I will need a set of your cans for a 3W-212 4 cylinder motor that I will be putting into the front of a 190" C-185 project that will be on 110" floats hopefully done for the Joe Nall/12. Do you have parts and pieces to do the custom headers?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by lever02
South Carolina
Joined Dec 2006
80 Posts
Here's a couple pics, got to love a Stinger on floats, also Allen's Cub.....
lever02 is offline Find More Posts by lever02
Last edited by lever02; 08-16-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
I saw this video a while back and have enjoyed watching it. Dave, I will need a set of your cans for a 3W-212 4 cylinder motor that I will be putting into the front of a 190" C-185 project that will be on 110" floats hopefully done for the Joe Nall/12. Do you have parts and pieces to do the custom headers?
Hi Sherman, PM Me.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender

Quick Reply