Find More Posts by Andrew v
Flyin' Around
Johannesburg South Africa
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Alert
Robart Retacts Problems

Hi Fellow Modellers,
I never like to complain but I have to in this case as I have laid out mega bucks. I have ordered Electric Retracts for my GS TopFlite 1/5 scale P51D Mustang, this is a complete system including the tail wheel retract and the 5" scale aluminium wheels and it came to $820.40 this includes FedEx shipping. They said on there website 3-5 days to deliver, I live in South Africa and I know it will not take 3-5 days but from purchase date 22/02/2013 until now Nothing. I have tried to email them more that four times and also left a number of messages on their website to try and find out what is happening and also to try and get a Tracking number from them. They do not respond at all. I paid via Pay Pal and I do not know what to to get Robart to give me a response and supply me a tracking number to try to track it on my side. All I want is the retracts for my plane as I want to start building it. I have all the parts this includes the electronics and the DLE55RA engine. I am very frustrated and I wonder how I am able to resolve this issue

Sorry for puting you chaps through this issue but I really do Not know who to turn to ...........I wish I lived in the USA then things could have been better.... Thank you all........
Andrew.
Andrew v is offline Find More Posts by Andrew v
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by baddley
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Jun 2009
347 Posts
Hi

Have u tried calling them ? Every time I contacted them they picked up the phone
Did you receive a confirmation email when u completed your order, most companies will send u a confirmation email with a tracking number included.

Good luck

Scott
baddley is offline Find More Posts by baddley
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Hi Scott, this is what I recieved from them.
Ship To Address
Andrew V
2** Neder*** H***
South Africa
trex600@telkomsa.net
Ship Via: FedEx Express (Tracking) Payment Info Method: PayPal Express Checkout
Order Summary
--------------------------
1 - [PT-56] 3 oz. (85.2ml) R/C 560 Canopy Glue (Btl) @ $3.59

2 - [13850SP51] 5" Scale P-51 10 Spoke Aluminum Wheel @ $91.45

1 - [160LWCE] Electric Retractable Tailwheel w/LH Offset @ $189.95

1 - [622-5E] Top Flite P-51 Mustang Electric Main Retracts @ $459.95

--
5: Total Items

Subtotal:$836.39
Tax: $0.00
Discount:-$64.99S/H: $49.00
Total:$820.40Gift
Certificate:-$0.00
Grand Total: $820.40

No Tracking number given at all, I have emailled them and tried to contact them on their website via their system that they use. I would like to think that I am wrong but I hope this order does Not go sour as I am hoping to use their retracts in the future on my next project. I have emailed Dan Wenzel (President & CFO) and I am now hoping that he might respond. I will let you know the out come. Thanks to all on FG.
Regards
Andrew.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by TomCrump
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
Don't know about the tracking number, but I do know that shipping overseas can take forever.

I had a friend ship some stuff, to me, from South Africa. It left SA in October. I got it in May.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by mfharper
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Last time I had a question I called them. They picked up on the second ring. Try this number: (630) 584-7616
They are open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm CST. I know international calling may be a problem, but if your really worried you may give it a try. But honestly its been less then a month and your talking international mail, If it were me I would just be patient for another month or so.
mfharper is offline Find More Posts by mfharper
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
What makes me worried is that they DO NOT bother to answer my emails to them. I have sent a few but got NO reply from them. All they need to do is tell me all is well on track and supply me a tracking number for my parcel . I only have 45 days to lodge a dispute with Pay Pal so the clock is ticking

Robart insist on using FedEx Express on International orders (With Tracking) and I paid for it, I fail to see the problem as to Why they can not give me a tracking number .
Last edited by Andrew v; 03-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfharper View Post
Last time I had a question I called them. They picked up on the second ring. Try this number: (630) 584-7616
They are open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm CST. I know international calling may be a problem, but if your really worried you may give it a try. But honestly its been less then a month and your talking international mail, If it were me I would just be patient for another month or so.
Thanks for the heads up on this.....
Why is it possible for SDS Hobby's.net and Hobby King to give you a tracking number with in 5-6 days and you get your package in less than a month
Here is a well known company in the USA that does NOT even bother to respond to your emails or on their website mailing system.......... This frustrates me the most...............

Can anyone tell me why is it so hard to get good service these days after all we must all count in some way ................................

If I want to call them from Johannesburg South Africa what will the dialing code be and at what time do I need to call them , Please assist me on this so that I can give them a call. I Thank You Kindly in Advance.

Andrew.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
I need some Urgent help from FG fellows. I am trying to get in contact with Robart Manufacturing Inc. in Illinois USA. the number that I used to call them is 00 630 584 7616 but the auto-system says this number does Not exist.........Please can some one help me. I need the correct number that I need to call from South Africa and if they are still in business. I Thank You in Advance.

Andrew.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
http://www.robart.com/contact-us
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post

Thanks but I have used the info on this website but am unable to get hold of them. I have tried to email them a number of times but they fail to answer my emails. I really do not know what to do as I have paid for goods to the value of $820-40 via Pay Pal. This is the first time that I have purchased from them.
I have purchased from Helicopter World in the USA with No problems what so ever, and not just once either.

Thanks Chaps.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
If you are that worried, get your money back through Pay Pal.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Hi Tom, Thanks for your help. I managed to speak to Justin at Robart a few minuets ago. He apologised for the delay as the order is not complete and they are having problems with their website and emails. I told me that I should get the retracts in the next 16days !!!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
344 Posts
That's great news !

I knew that they wouldn't cheat you, but I also know that they can be slow.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
That's great news !

I knew that they wouldn't cheat you, but I also know that they can be slow.
I was worried as they did Not answer me at all ....Zip. It was strange to me as Robart is a well known company World Wide. All I now have to do is wait.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by Nerdsteve
United States, CA, Moraga
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
I order the new Robart electric retracts for a Bud Nosen p-51 kit I'm building in mid April. Paid approximately $800 and was given an order number. After not hearing a thing for three weeks, I shot them an e-mail, because its there preferred method of contact... and received no reply. After two more e-mails without replies, I was looking up their number to call and a response e-mail came that said "Steve, Your order has been delayed until the middle of June. We are currently waiting on tailwheel actuators and control boxes from our vendor. Eric"

Okay, no problem, I'm a big boy and can wait. What makes me mad is the complete lack of communication from Robart. If I knew it was going to take two months, I would have taken a different route. Everyone I talk to says how great they are... well I have a different experience. Looks like things might be a changing.

Must be a big demand (or problem) since they no longer let you view/order their electric retracts on-line.

-Steve
Nerdsteve is offline Find More Posts by Nerdsteve

Quick Reply