logo
Old 01-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Joined Jan 2006
960 Posts
Mavrikk super gear review

I bought a used raptor that came with the super gear and at first was 50/50 on if I would put a set on my other heli. I liked the black color, the lower stance, and the fact that it under $20 opposed to carbon (Carbon is always pimpest of any material). The con side was that it was difficult to to get the canopy clip around the strut as it doesn't have the same taper that the stock TT gear has. Weight is a little heavier that the TT's as the skids use a much larger tubing that seems to have thicker walls. I found out why they call it "super" the other day on accident when my throttle linkage came off at the carb. Lucky for me it came off during a high load turn about 25 ft up. Having little headspeed left as I leveled out I tried to flair but the bird hit tail first and slammed down on the skids and rolled nose over. I lost the usual spindle, flybar, ect.. What caught me off guard was that the landing gear and frames were in mint condition. I didn't have frame stiffeners on either. I'm sure carbon would have held up fine, aluminum would have bent and the stock would have snapped. It was about 35 degrees out and Jeeum can tell you the stock gear holds up in cold weather So if you dork your stock gear and don't want shell out for carbon, these are good deal. They are universal so they will fit a lot of other 30-50 sized heli's.
Nitrohuffer is offline Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,378 Posts
Re: Mavrikk super gear review

Where do I find this carbon gear you speak of? Would look good on the .90, and yes the stock gear sucks on these.
JeeUm is offline Find More Posts by JeeUm
Old 01-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Joined Jan 2006
960 Posts
Re: Mavrikk super gear review

It's part # TTR PV309

You can get it here http://www.helikraft.com/Thunder+Tig...+(PV0309).html
Nitrohuffer is offline Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Last edited by Nitrohuffer; 01-16-2006 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply