logo
Old 07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts
PaxAero is in the books

I placed the following post in the PaxAero thread on the IMAC site but email notifications are down for IMAC for the next few days so I figured I toss it here as well

First off I want to say I am sorry to you guys. I was reminded again this weekend that I can get loud especially behind the judges. I am trying to remember that I have a voice that carries but please bear with me. I'll "get it" sooner or later

Now. I want to thank everyone that made this contest possible, and specifically in the amount of time it got done in. You guys pulled off a valid IMAC contest in just under 30 days, Michelle (AMA) sent Troy an email Friday night with all the sanction info in it and we were good to go. Troy, Brian, Andy Kane (for "pushing the sanction), Nicole (scorekeeper par excellence) and all the clubs members that worked so hard to make this happen deserve a big round of applause. We/I can't thank all of you enough.

More times than not, I am completely amazed at what the NE region has been able to accomplish recently and I have all of you to thank for the turn-around.

If anyone runs across George Hill, please thank him again for coming. For those that do not know, this was an 80 yr old man, he flew pattern way back when. Found out about this contest through the marketing efforts and word of mouth. This man flew the basic sequence for the very first time on Friday during practice and between Brian and Troy, steadily improve all weekend long.

Another good one and it probably will come as no surprise, Neil Westdorp flew his first Unlimited contest and won it. Congrats again Neil and I'll be in touch when the order from Carden gets here

We also had a few new pilots join into the fray.

There is much more and as you all are aware of, I can ramble on so I'll stop here :whistling:

Troy and Brian, truly first class all the way, please extend the regions thanks for allowing us to pull this off with very short notice and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say please let them know we would like to come back again.

Don't forget, next weekend we have another primer at Eastern Shore in Hurlock MD and in two weeks we have the contest at Pegasus in Hagerstown MD

See you all there
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Last edited by bubbagates; 07-12-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Re: PaxAero is in the books

Thanks Mr. Troy and the others who worked behind the scenes to make this contest a success. Like Mr. Bill had said, the contest was put together on short notice and we still had a pretty good showing and the contest went very smoothly.

Thanks Mr. Bill for the compliment and we will be in touch. Mr. Brian, Mr. Dave, and Mr. Albert it was a pleasure flying with you this weekend and I hope to see you guys at Hagerstown.

Look forward to seeing the whole NE gang again in 2 weeks,

Neil
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Old 07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Find More Posts by jmoesdad
Chicks dig the beard
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2007
634 Posts

neil, your a first class kid...we may have to have some of the jersey guys take you out at the knees. thanks to everyone for making this possible, i truly enjoy splitting my time between SE and NE contests and im working on the boss already to make hagerstown and mocksville.
jmoesdad is offline Find More Posts by jmoesdad
Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Just an FYI, I've been emailing Roy Barrow (IMAC webmaster) back and forth for the last few minutes and he is up to his elbows restoring email and other things from the issue the IMAC site ran into over the weekend. I told him to notify me when he is all caught up and then I will submit the scores. So there will be a delay in posting scores but if you would like your individual scores, per round, then email me and I'll send them to you

bubbagates@comcast.net
Old 07-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoesdad View Post
neil, your a first class kid...we may have to have some of the jersey guys take you out at the knees. thanks to everyone for making this possible, i truly enjoy splitting my time between SE and NE contests and im working on the boss already to make hagerstown and mocksville.
Thanks Mr. Jeff...Hopefully you can make Hagerstown because I really enjoyed hanging out with you and Mr. Jim after hours.

Neil
Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by Pistolera
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
4,242 Posts

Congrats Neil...you seem to be on a roll (slow, point, snap, etc)

I'll miss Hagerstown due to vacation, but hope to catch another contest later this summer (the Sizzler maybe?)

Earle
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts

Thanks Mr. Earle. Sorry to hear that you will miss the Hagerstown one due to a vacation but family comes first so I understand. I will be at the Sizzler so hopefully I will see you there.

Neil
Last edited by Neil4; 07-13-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by FAVO
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts

Thank You guys for coming to PAX AERO IMAC and I hope you had a good time. I know alot of guys came from quite a distance and I appreciate your coming and it was great to see everyone.

Scores and Report and Pictures will be posted shortly - there is a slight delay due to recent attack on website that needs to be tended to first.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone at Pegasus on the weekend of 7/25!

I am off to practice now - Old guys will own the day in Hagerstown!
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO
Old 07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAVO View Post
hahaha
Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAVO View Post

You know that bad part of this statement is I can be considered to be a part of that group. Damn I hate you right now for reminding me how old I'm getting

John Bank's dad has a shirt that says it all, you can see it in the Woodstock photo's from last year on Stan's site

It say

The older I get the better I used to fly

So true, so true
Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

I'd like to see Neil and Ty go at it someday, now that would be a fight worth driving and spending all weekend judging for
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by Troy Wallace
Flyin' Around
Lexington Park, MD
Joined Nov 2006
9 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the pilots, Moms, Dads, spouses and others who support this great sport that we all share.

I think Brian will agree that it was our pleasure to host the event, and we look forward to having future contests at Helwig Field.

We have a great IMAC group in the NE.

Keep burning the fuel - we will see you all soon.

Troy
Troy Wallace is offline Find More Posts by Troy Wallace
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagates View Post
I'd like to see Neil and Ty go at it someday, now that would be a fight worth driving and spending all weekend judging for
Yeah, I think I could give Ty a good run for his money. Is he going to be at Hagerstown?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil4 View Post
Yeah, I think I could give Ty a good run for his money. Is he going to be at Hagerstown?
I don't think so but I just got off the seminar call with Kent and I can tell you this much, you have their attention down in the SE region, how do I know, well let me say this.

Kent was curious as too when I was going to submit the scores, he, and a few others have been following you this season. Seems to me that you have more than the NE worried. Up until this season, they never really paid too much attention to us here in the NE region, this year they are watching closely, Kent's words, not mine and that's because of you Alex and Riley

Words cannot express how much I appreciate you guys and what you are doing for the NE region.

You will get your chance at Ty. Kent mentioned you were going to a contest down there and Ty is supposed to be there as well

BTW, Roy just sent me an email that the scores and contest report for PAX Aero and the Canadian contest are posted but there may be a delay in seeing them for up to an hour
Old 07-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Damn, Im gonna have to start practicing again and put a beating on these damn kids!
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank

Quick Reply