Nobody is home
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by 54Nomad
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
I understand that Aeroworks might do things for communities and fellow pilots and they should be acknowledged. I am in business too. I have a partner. My friend is upstanding doesn't lie or swear just a good all around person. He isn't on this earth to get over on Aeroworks and neither am I. I know being in business is tough But I also know customer support is the only way to get return business and new business generating constantly. I commend Aeroworks for the communtiy involvement and helping communities.
54Nomad is offline Find More Posts by 54Nomad
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by wesryman
Down in the SWAMP
Willow Spring, NC
Joined Oct 2008
1,007 Posts
In post #1 @ 11:15 you said you have "twice been close to buying a Aerworks plane" and then on post #16 @ 11:46 you said you "own a Aeroworks plane", did you buy one in thirty minutes?
wesryman is offline Find More Posts by wesryman
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Joined Feb 2012
147 Posts
The mob mentality really needs to stop. If Aeroworks did in fact ship a damaged plane then they need to step up to the plate and correct it ASAP! Could it be the packaging they are using is resulting in the damage? Maybe it is. I have read where Pilot planes had an issue with they're packaging at one time but they took steps to correct it and I can tell you that I am still breaking up the foam and putting in the trash. It will have taken me three weeks to dispose of the foam from they're packing job. The point is Pilot took steps to correct the issue with damaged parts and now have a great packaging system to protect their product.

Things do happen but as a consumer you should expect that when you pay your hard earned money to a company and the product arrives only to be damaged would you not be upset if the company did not make it right?

I don't care who the company is if they refuse to make something right or send parts that are nor correct shame on that company.

Every company drops the ball at times no matter how good the company is but to blindly support a company when they drop the ball just hurts the consumer as well as the company.

Instead of attacking like a mob you could direct the person to the Aeroworks support forum below and see if maybe the people who monitor the forum can give some assistance. There are times when one person with the company can dig in their heels and nothing gets solved. Sometimes just moving to another higher person in the chain ends up correcting the entire situation.

As for the problems if there were damage parts discovered when the box was opened then Aeroworks needs to send the correct parts and yes they can request the damaged parts to be sent back first but to send parts that don't fit is plain wrong.
SuperTrooper is offline Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Last edited by SuperTrooper; 03-19-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
I bought a used Aeroworks plane. Never bought one from Aeroworks directly.
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Nomad View Post
I understand that Aeroworks might do things for communities and fellow pilots and they should be acknowledged. I am in business too. I have a partner. My friend is upstanding doesn't lie or swear just a good all around person. He isn't on this earth to get over on Aeroworks and neither am I. I know being in business is tough But I also know customer support is the only way to get return business and new business generating constantly. I commend Aeroworks for the communtiy involvement and helping communities.
So you come on here and post this so someone from Aeroworks will see your rant in hopes that they will feel it is necessary to give your "friend" whatever he wants so that this thread doesn't "hurt their business". Then you can cover your attempted extortion by saying "I just wanted to warn everyone so they don't have to go through what my friend did".

This has happened dozens of times before...

Come on guys hit that little red triangle.

If your "friend" does have an legitimate issue with Aeroworks they can take care of it themselves...privately.
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Joined Feb 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badams View Post
Here I will repost this from the last thread on this same subject.

+1, You speak the truth Mr. Nick.
I will also add that Rocko (and Chris from Xtreme flight) is a business man. He needs to make money at this endeavor. If he doesn't make money, then he can no longer make available the aircraft he sells to us. Customer service is a slippery slope. Its a fine line between keeping a customer happy, and giving away the farm. The people that demand unreasonable customer service need to look in the mirror and ask what they would do. If you were a business man and operating on the slim margins these two dedicated individuals do, you would likely HAVE TO do exactly the same thing. (try to do what is fair and reasonable, and keep within profit margins) We as customers don't always get exactly what we think is fair, but i guarantee you this, Xtreme Flight and Aeroworks, both have been providing top notch airplanes for a very long time, They can't please every single customer every single time, but obviously they make a lot of people very very happy with quality, innovative aircraft, that fly extremely well. I have had great success with both of their aircraft. I have had personal dealings with both on customer service issues. Both these guys are so passionate about bringing well crafted aircraft to a crowded market that they ignore the old rule.... how do you make a million dollars in the RC industry,,,,,, start with 2 million dollars.
Kidding aside, Rocko and Chris are top notch, very thoughtful people, who care deeply for this hobby we love. Their actions prove that out. Chris was offering cash prizes for contest finishes with his planes, and Rocko supports many IMAC contests in Colorado. I had the pleasure of attending one of these where your entry fee was mostly paid by Aeroworks, and they fed you all weekend. That my friends is above and beyond. There are plenty of crappy A$$, no customer service, cheap, bottom dollar companies in this hobby to gripe about.
Aeroworks and Extreme flight are the cream of the crop for customer service. No they arent going to please everyone, every time, (that is impossible) but they are in it for the long haul, and deserve our continued support, and business.
Thank you Rocko, and Thank you Chris for your dedication to our hobby. The majority of us really appreciate you both.
Bill Adams
If a companies profit margin is that thin then they are bound to failure before they even started. Sorry but if they send a broken part they need to step up to the plate and fix it, hiding behind the excuse of my profit margin is not big enough to support any problems you may encounter is not going to cut it.
SuperTrooper is offline Find More Posts by SuperTrooper
Old 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
3D Farmer 4 Life
United States, NC, Elm City
Joined Jun 2010
1,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
Instead of attacking like a mob you could direct the person to the Aeroworks support forum below and see if maybe the people who monitor the forum can give some assistance. There are times when one person with the company can dig in their heels and nothing gets solved. Sometimes just moving to another higher person in the chain ends up correcting the entire situation.
If he had made his first post asking for help or what to do instead of bashing a company in bold text and capital letters I bet his reception would of been much better.

Didn't happen that way, so everybody gets on the bandwagon with pitchforks and torches.
GravyGoodness is offline Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by Black Bird
Into The Light I Command Thee
Utopia
Joined Mar 2006
1,363 Posts
Maybe someone can answer my questions even though nobody is home. The canopy was the only thing mentioned that did not fit the plane. What else did not fit? Are there any pictures of the cowl? Can we see pictures of the plane so we may come to our own conclusions?
Black Bird is offline Find More Posts by Black Bird
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
I think the point is that to come on a thread and blast out a bashing post, it could be handled with a calm collected phone call and a few digital pics directly with the vendor. 90% of these threads end up that someone (customer) mis communicated the problem or called the vendor with an explosion on the phone.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryscustom View Post
I think the point is that to come on a thread and blast out a bashing post, it could be handled with a calm collected phone call and a few digital pics directly with the vendor. 90% of these threads end up that someone (customer) mis communicated the problem or called the vendor with an explosion on the phone.
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
Thank you for the information about Aeroworks forum.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Hey trooper.
Not long ago a guy did the same thing on here about his wing tube breaking, another posted about Chief. On both occasions it was not as cut n dried as you seem to think it is. When the accused finally replied to the thread the story was much different than the OP portrayed.

Mark Dennis has viewed this thread and so far not commented and I say good for him. This is neither the place or requirement for the dealer to reply if he feels the thread will become a kangaroo court or the OP cant take it through the correct channels.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
or the OP cant take it through the correct channels.
I thought it was the OP's friend.....now I'm confused.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
57 Posts
We tried calling Aeroworks with a calm mood. My friend is not abusive. He sent back the parts at his cost to Aeroworks. He is going to repair the plane himself. But why should any of this happened. Aeroworks should have responded by saying send it back and we will make it right. All my friend did was order a plane and spent big bucks doing so. Did he deserve "its not our fault" as a response? It seems a lot of people are standing by Aeroworks a company. What about the person who bought the plane? He works hard for his money like all of us do. He just wanted a new undamaged plane. Is that so bad?

Quick Reply