logo
Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Find More Posts by XJet
Uber Contributor
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
886 Posts
Where's all the 3D action?

Most of the SWMAC (Tokoroa) are flying 3D now, with a boom in the number of profiles and several new 30%+ Extras coming together.

There's not too much interest in pattern or IMAC yet -- but that'll probably happen eventually. Basically we're a bunch of undisciplined guys who prefer to just fly on the ragged edge

Is there anyone else around the central North Island interested in a bit of a huck-fest?

Bring what you fly, fly what you bring but with the emphasis on 3D?
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
900 Posts
Re: Where's all the 3D action?

We also do a lot of 3D at Waharoa

As far as 3D models go, I have a Flip 3D flying with a YS63 and have just about finished an OMP 65" Yak with a YS 110. Would love to catch up with you guys at Tokoroa some time.

Cheers
Alan
Imac Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi
Old 10-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Find More Posts by XJet
Uber Contributor
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
886 Posts
Re: Where's all the 3D action?

Give me a shout any time you're passing through -- I'm usually at the airfield (working or flying) 7-days a week. Now the good weather's starting again we're expecting a little more model activity. Mike Monroe from Taupo has been over and flow a few times in recent months (he tried my ZDZ160 out in his Extra) and we've got some new members getting the 3D-bug.

My Mojo60 is coming back together (after lawn-darting itself), I've got a Katana 70 V2 sitting here waiting to be assembled and there are several other 3D machines at the field most good days.

We're keeping the grass on both sides of the tarmac mown for the full length of the strip this year for those who'd rather not wear out wheels and props on the hard-stuff too.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet

Quick Reply