crashproof is offline Find More Posts by crashproof
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by propchief
Doo It! Doo It!
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Mar 2006
280 Posts
Kevin - that plane is moving like a scalded cat! Nice flight! Hope to make it out next weekend too.
John
propchief is offline Find More Posts by propchief
Old 04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by jholt
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Feb 2006
109 Posts
Hey Folks, sorry I missed all the warbird flights and others having a great time. Been patching up the old yak after rudder cable came loose in flight and had to ditch in grain field. This time it wasn't the MOTOR. Just about ready to go again.

Hope all had a great Easter season.

Tom sorry to hear about the storm damage. Anything I can do let me know.

Jerry
jholt is offline Find More Posts by jholt
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by NC Flash
Flyin' Around
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Sep 2008
22 Posts
Hangered Stang

Kevin,
I checked out the You Tube videos...awesome. Looks like you guys didn't have the same winds we had here. I was ready on Sunday but it was just to windy for a first flight. I'm praying for fair skies this weekend!

Tom

P.S. My apologies if my earlier comment implied my home was damaged by the tornadoes. I just had to clear some tree debris, nothing compared to what our Fayetteville neighbors are dealing with. I did find a bank statement plastered to the side of my fence. The address was from someone on the west side of town so I map quested it and found their home is 18 miles from mine...long way to travel in a tornado!
NC Flash is offline Find More Posts by NC Flash
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by crashproof
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Looks Like a good weekend. I am going Sat. I think Mark is bringin the Hellcat down as well. Let's fly. Kevin.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Doo It! Doo It!
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Mar 2006
280 Posts
Plane changed status from AWP to FMC. I'm ready to fly again. I'm not sure Saturday is doable for me ... if not then Sunday. Then it will be a couple weeks before any more missions. Hope to see some of you this weekend.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts
I hear the Hayfield rd.club lost their porta potty due to a fire ! Should have put a no smoking sign on that thing !
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Hey Tom send me some pics of the Mustang and I can resize and get them on here. Thanks for the nice pics. I may ride down tommorrow and hang out with you guys. Kevin.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Doo It! Doo It!
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Mar 2006
280 Posts
Kevin -
Spit sure is looking good! I won't make it tomorrow as I'm driving up to UNC to help my daughter move some stuff out of her apartment prior to next weeks graduation and Isaac has a bug and we are trying to keep him slowed down so he can recover. Only good news is I'm making progress on a couple foamies.
Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Hey John, I bet keeping Issac slowed down is a full time job. I am really happy with the Spit. I leaned the Super 80 just alittle today and it really woke up. Tom's Mustang flew great as well, I think he is gonna be able to hang with ya. See ya soon. Kevin.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Flyin' Around
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Sep 2008
22 Posts
First Flt

Thanks to Kevin's calm coaching my Mustang's first flt wasn't it's last. Had some challenges on this check flight. First, I couldn't stop shaking! Then came the need for a lot of down trim. Once we got level flight I put the gear up and all was well until I flipped the switch to extend the gear. Yup, no gear so we tried a few maneuvers to get the gear down but nothing worked. We started talking about which runway direction to use when she started rolling hard over left. I had to use half right aileron just to keep level! Decision made! I was landing left to right regardless of wind direction (actually the wind was shifting anyway so I was safe from either direction). I brought her down and tried to keep her off the deck for as long as I could with out stalling and digging in a wing tip. I think it was a "walk away" landing! Just broke the prop and lightly scuffed the oil cooler bottom.
After I stopped shaking, we took a look inside to see what went wrong and found a retract air line popped off a T-fitting. I tie strapped every fitting on the spot. Then we discovered the aileron problem. The dumb s@& builder (me) left the screw out of the servo arm, guess I got lucky on that one. I've gone back over the acft a second time and everything else was in place.
In hind sight I should have left the control hatches opened and had another set of eyes check all the critical components. I could have wasted some big $$$ and time spent because of a .50 cent screw.
Thanks again Kevin.
Tom
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Nice shot of the P51 in flight Tom, it really is a great looking Stang. The finish to that check flight put you to the test and you did it as good as I have seen it done anywhere. It will all be gravy from here on. The worst that could happen with one of these barring a total failure is no gear, and you have already dealt with that. Now you can just relax and enjoy it. Kevin.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Nov 2007
146 Posts
Check these out. Outrageous. Kevin.
Top 10 Low Pass Flybys of All Time (3 min 30 sec)
Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Flyin' Around
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Sep 2008
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashproof View Post
Check these out. Outrageous. Kevin. YouTube - Top 10 Low Pass Flybys of All Time
I think there almost exclusively European. US fliers would be hanged by their nads for that stuff.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by gamalierlozada
Hope Mills, North Carolina
Joined Sep 2009
248 Posts
Anybody going to Joe Nall? I think I will swing by Friday (If I get back from Indiana in the next couple of days.)
gamalierlozada is offline Find More Posts by gamalierlozada