logo
Old 07-21-2020, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by Rc_jeffreyv
Rc_jeffreyv
United States, SC, Seneca
Joined Dec 2012
179 Posts
Maybe a firmware upgrade to enable it?? I am waiting for the USB cable. I did install the software on my PC - easy.
Rc_jeffreyv is offline Find More Posts by Rc_jeffreyv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by dmcquinn
USA, MO, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2007
1,179 Posts
Make sure the soft switch is plugged into the right slot on the receiver.
dmcquinn is offline Find More Posts by dmcquinn
Old 07-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Rc_jeffreyv
Joined Dec 2012
179 Posts
It is in the “switch” port. I will review.
Old 07-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by GROOVEN J
United States, CA, Oakdale
Joined Jan 2006
326 Posts
Try putting in a bind plug in the switch slot. the receiver should be off when in the slot and on when pulling it out. If all works. Then it’s the faulty switch.
GROOVEN J is online now Find More Posts by GROOVEN J
Old 07-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by jln1320
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2015
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_jeffreyv View Post
Just received my 12 channel power safe. Bound it, hooked it up to my dual batteries with dual switches. Power 1 or both - received operates as expected. Plenty of lights = looks good.

Then I added the soft switch.

I must be missing something - as I usually do. The switch does not do anything. On or off. I tried sequencing the switches in different cycles - no impact. Unplugged it and use my normal switches on the batteries - all good. No change in the LEDs resulting from the soft switch.

Thoughts? I will give it an additional try but...... puzzled.
Sounds like you have too may switches, all you need is the soft switch that comes with the receiver. The dual batteries plug directly to the power safe receiver.
The receiver is designed to be on the on position all the time the batteries are hooked up unless the switch is hooked up and in the off position, safety feature! Once you turn the receiver on you can remove the switch and the receiver will continue to work until you remove the batteries or you install switch and turn it off with the switch.
Should not leave batteries plugged in too long as it will very slowly discharge the batteries.
If this doesn't work i suggest you call Horizon.
jln1320 is online now Find More Posts by jln1320
Old 07-21-2020, 04:24 PM
Rc_jeffreyv
Joined Dec 2012
179 Posts
My tests have been with batteries directly connected. I will give your suggestion a try.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,876 Posts
Again, make sure you're in the switch port and get rid of the extra swtiches
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 07-21-2020, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
I had one that did the same thing. Send it in.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 07-22-2020, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by DGrant
Just havin' fun!
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Just received my 12 channel power safe. Bound it, hooked it up to my dual batteries with dual switches. Power 1 or both - received operates as expected. Plenty of lights = looks good.

Then I added the soft switch.

I must be missing something - as I usually do. The switch does not do anything. On or off. I tried sequencing the switches in different cycles - no impact. Unplugged it and use my normal switches on the batteries - all good. No change in the LEDs resulting from the soft switch.

Thoughts? I will give it an additional try but...... puzzled.
Jeffrey, there was a short run of 12310's that had that problem. Something was missed during production, and it rendered the soft-switch inoperable, although everything else works exactly as it should.. you just have to unplug batteries to turn it off.

I know, as I ended up with one, and had the same problem and had to send it back to Horizon. Their service on it was extremely fast though.. I received it back in my hands 10 days after I sent it. No charge... with a letter of explanation and the problem.

If you bought that Rx around a year ago(give or take), or the Rx was shelved for quite a while, that is likely one of those units that got past QC.... They are well aware of them, and the repair is simple simple and quick for them to do. The biggest inconvenience is having to ship it back then wait.. other then that you'll get it back brand new and operating correctly... very quickly.... just like I did.

This is mentioned in a thread on RCG, which is where I discovered the reason for the anomaly after my Rx didn't shut off... and I'm just passing it on to you, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly your problem.

Just go to Horizon website, and initiate a service form, etc.. and send it in. I'm sure that's what any Horizon rep would say. Good luck with it.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old 07-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Just havin' fun!
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
Quote:
My tests have been with batteries directly connected. I will give your suggestion a try.
Batteries should be direct connection regardless.... and unplugged for storage. You don't need any extra switches for PS Rx's. That's a big part of what makes them power-safe.

You go adding more switches and points of failure, it makes them "Not So Power-Safe".
Old 07-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Rc_jeffreyv
Joined Dec 2012
179 Posts
For now, I am going to use it. I'll put a bind plug in the switch port to ensure the connection is closed. I have switches on the batteries. I will send it in later.

I just bought this receiver from Chief. It showed up while the website says Aug. Maybe they sent me a return??

Where I order RC equipment is a fragile thing.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:49 AM
Just havin' fun!
Joined Apr 2006
1,832 Posts
That's where I bought mine was Cheif's. They wouldn't send you any returns... they don't work like that. They would tell you to send it in to Horizon.

Actually, if your Rx was working properly, and aside from the known problem, in a normal operating 12310, the bind-plug would shut it off... So suit yourself on that one.

You might want to learn a bit more about what the PS Rx's offer in security, as adding switches and such, and your comment about adding a bind-plug to close the connection says you might not understand what's what.

So how do you know leaving a bind plug in "closes" the connection?... and so what does a closed connection do in this case?... turn in "on", or "off".. LOL. You should know the diff man.. In simple terms though a bind-plug in the switch port turns it off... just like putting a pin in a pin-switch turns that off. Now you know that too.

Send the Rx in get it fixed right, and ditch the switches. Your choice though. You've been informed.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
For now, I am going to use it. I'll put a bind plug in the switch port to ensure the connection is closed. I have switches on the batteries. I will send it in later.

I just bought this receiver from Chief. It showed up while the website says Aug. Maybe they sent me a return??

Where I order RC equipment is a fragile thing.
You know, I'm going to get whacked for this post but it's way past time for this to be said; "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink".

You are a "friggin Conehead" since you think you know all about how things work; you don't.......

Either admit you are wrong an accept the advice given, or go away as you are beyond help as someone who thinks they know everything and are just seeking a supportive post; 'ain't 'gonna happen,,,,,,
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb

Quick Reply