logo
Old 05-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by Pro1Foam
Lakeview, AR
Joined Jan 2006
864 Posts
Re: Brand New Product - GEAR LEGS!!

They are great, I love the way they "mains" will adjust to fit just about any 25-40% plane. Wish the tail wheel on all planes was the same distance from the mains.
Pro1Foam is offline Find More Posts by Pro1Foam
Last edited by Pro1Foam; 05-11-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by falconpilot
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Guys,

I'm also working on a E-Track system for the Tail Leg for that reason, but I wanted too keep this system KISS in design, thus the ablility to keep the price down. I'm not going to just rest on my backside once I get this going. There are alot of simple, neat ideals for our trailer and models. I'm hoping that I can continue to release good ideal and products for our hobby..

Thanks again for all the responces!!!

Jim
falconpilot is offline Find More Posts by falconpilot
Old 05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Jim.

You solved a bugger of a problem for me my friend. My 40% PITTS cost more to keep wheels up to than it does in gas. The darned thing cannot be left for a day in my trailer or the wheels go square. I was toying with some sort of belly support but it was going top take a ton of space up.

Those things are what the doctor ordered.

Two sets needed for sure!!!!

Kiwi
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Hey Everyone,

All the positive response got me going today! I spent all day in the machine shop, and got the final changes made to the Gear Legs. I have them up and running this coming week, and will start shipping on the 21st of this month. The first run will not be as fast due to getting all the kinks worked out in the production process. I will not except or ship out any product that is not 100% top of the line in quality. This is the reason that I except the first run to be a little slow. I'm planning on running 250 sets on the first run.

A quick review of the product - All parts are made of 1/8" pre-oil steel and cut using a CNC operated plasma cutter. This will keep the units from rusting. Wash them off with soap and water, and they are ready to paint. Main Gear Legs - The base is 3" x 6". The arm is 1"x7" long. All bends are made on a hydraulic press using custom made jigs to insure the same results, time after time. The head is 1" wide x 4" long. Bolts are high grade 5/16" stainless steel with a telfon insert hex nut. I'm including 3 - 1"x4" sticky backed high density rubber pad, and 6 strips of high quality double sided velcro.
Tail Leg - Base is 3" x 4". The base leg is 4" high with the bend piece being 4" long, and the bend angle is 40 degree. Again, this can be easily adjusted by the owner.

I'm providing a lifetime warranty on this product. If it cracks/bends or breaks(even due to a car crash), I'll stand behind it and replace it for free. All that I'll ask for back is the damaged product so I can learned to make it a better product.

I'm going to sell these units as a set - 2-Main Gear Legs and 1-Tail Leg with everything included expect the hardware to mount the set to the floor.

I'm selling sets for $89.95. I'll be using high gloss black Rustoleum for the paint.

I'm stilling working on getting my website site up and running(HiAlpha Aviation Hobbies.com) so contact me via email for ordering right now.

I'll be accepting personal check(must clear before shipment), Postal Orders or Money Orders. Paypal is another options if you don't mind paying the extra 2.5% fee.

I'll be shipping the orders out in the order that I recieve them. Upon your order, I'll provide you with an exact shipping cost according to your location. I plan on using UPS ground, but will ship however you prefer. I'll also be traveling the SC IMAC curcuit quite alot, and will always have several sets with me. I'm also a Fromeco dealer if any of you are needing the best electronic equipment for your airplanes.

Please feel free to contact me at 870-230-2350 with any questions or orders. Feel free to check my feedback ratings here on FG's or RCU, so you'll know who you are dealing with.

Below are the pictures of the final product.

Keep an eye out for more innovative products!

For all the guys who have mentioned ordering in the above discussion, please email me and firm up your orders.

Thanks for your support, and I look forward to meeting and doing business with all my fellow modelers!

Jim Fowler
HiAlpha Avaition Hobbies - Home of the Gear Legs
870-230-2350
jsfowler@cei.net
Fromeco
Last edited by falconpilot; 01-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts

I have ordered my 2 sets. My wheel chocks are killing my wheel pants, this should be the perfect solution.
Rolling Thunder is online now Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Old 05-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Jim,

Help me understand what your stands do please. Do they lift the wheels off the floor or do they act as a fully supported attachment point. I love the idea and will be getting at least one set. But my problem is flat wheels and I need to get them up off the floor when I store the Pitts. Does this device allow me to do that?

Kiwi
Old 05-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Kiwi,

They act as fully supported attachmnet points. Due to the fact that they are hinged at the top and the bottom, they are not designed to hold the airplane off the floor. These Gear Legs and a simple set of wheel chockes work great together to stop flat tires. I'm also current working on having a set of alumi. wheel chokes CNC milled. These will be low profile, and slim in design. They are designed to allow you you roll your airplane into them being halfmoon designed and low profile to allow clearance for your wheel pants. Being halfmoon shaped, or rounded shaped like the tire, will keep it from going flat from setting. The key is going to be designing them wiht deep enough "halfmoon",and yet still allow clearance of all wheel pants.

These can be made pretty easy made carving a piece of balsa or wood and then painting, but a set of light weight , CNC alumi chockes will be trick.

Sorry for any confussion about the Gear Legs.

Jim Fowler
Old 05-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

No it was not a confusion Jim, just a clarification. I still need them for the Pitts and the new 260 when it arrives.

Currently I have the Pitts with the wheels sitting in a really strong foam and thats saving them for the short term but your idea on making cups to fit the wheel has me thinking. (Thats a dangerous thing in my case)

I think I can remove a wheel, set it in a mold so I get the exact tyre shape. Remove it, make a reverse mold and pour some from Alloy then machine them down until the fit into the wheel pant.

Dang, there goes my day doing of only serving breakfast in bed for the wifey tomorrow. She might be a couple of aluminum pots short by days end as well!!!!

Kiwi
Last edited by Kiwi; 05-12-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

Very, very nice. Good thinking and even better execution. Accessories are killing our wallets but your new bracket/stands will help keep some of the contents IN our wallets. Great designs!!
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 05-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

Now work on some kind of wing bag holder
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Pea,

Whats wrong with a nail and a couple of rubber bands.???

Kiwi
Old 05-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by rcdart
Would be, if I could be
QLD Australia
Joined Jan 2006
4,186 Posts

Kiwi, this how I dont get flat tyres.
rcdart is offline Find More Posts by rcdart
Old 05-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Thanks for all the orders so far. Monday I'm going to be getting a soild flat rate shipping for the US. That way, everyone know the shipping cost up front, and makes things easier for everyone.

I thought that I might get away without having to bring this matter up because we all believe that everyone in our hobby is fair, and on the up and up. BUT, after a couple of phone calls from hard working stiff like myself that happen to stumble upon a good ideal, and then manage to actually get it to market, only to find that someone or some "bigger" company ripped off their product and hard work. So, just to be clear, this product is patent pending. I've been working with a patent lawyer on this product from the start.

Thanks to the fellow modeler that give me call's of warning on this matter.

Thanks again for all the positive responses!!!

Jim Fowler
HiAlpha Aviation Hobbies
Old 05-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Here are the flat rate shipping charges for the US. I figured this as close as possible to my actual shipping cost via UPS in the US. Like some manufactors, I don't want to make any money on shipping, just my product. So, I took rates from all the states, averaged them out to the below flat rate shipping cost for anywhere in the US. All shipping will be thur UPS ground service, unless you request otherwise.

1-Set's of Gear Legs - Add $6.95 for shipping
2-Sets of Gear Legs - Add $7.95 for shipping
3-Sets of Gear Legs - Add $8.95 for shipping
4-or more-Sets of Gear Legs - Add $9.95 for shipping

Paypal address is: jsfowler@cei.net

Or send payment to:

Jim Fowler
1750 Malvern Road
Arkadelphia, Arkansas 71923

Thanks for your business!!!

Thanks

Jim Fowler
HiAplha Aviation Hobbies -Home of the "Gear Legs"
Last edited by falconpilot; 05-13-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
287 Posts

Thanks to all for your orders so far. All orders will be ship out this Friday, tomorrow, the 25th. I appreicate all your orders, comments, and support. I'll be making the top piece(the head that fits flush to the bottom of your landing gear) in both flat, and a curved raduis to fit both flat bottom gears and curved gears(such as the Carden 330 and so forth.) I'm also in the process of making several others items to go with the Gear Legs to offer greater flexible to the modeler. They be coming as soon as I get the Gear Leg production running 100%.

Again, thanks for all the orders and support for far!!

Jim Fowler
HiAlpha Aviation Hobbies - Home of the Gear Legs

Quick Reply