logo
This thread is privately moderated by fsone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by fsone
Canada
Joined Jan 2010
302 Posts
Discussion
Besides R/C do you play guitar

Flying Giant Scale aircraft is my #1 passion, but my second passion is playing guitar and singing. I am a Classic rock guy. Like playing songs by Beatles, Stones, Bob Segar, Troggs, Clapton and many more. I practice on average 2 hrs every day continue to take lessons once a week. Music keeps my sanity and keeps me grounded keeps the mind sharp learning new things. It works out great between the two hobbies. Friend of mine plays in a band part time so when we hit the campground we get together and do some campfires in the park, I have to say its a blast. We have fun with our friends always a good crowd. Music makes the world go round. There must be some of you out there that can appreciate were I'm coming from, show us axes. Here's some pics. OOps looks like there is some guitar nuts after all including a post I made some time back. Maybe there's some newbies.
fsone is offline Find More Posts by fsone
Last edited by fsone; 11-24-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
I have a slew of guitars. My current favorite is my Gibson SG Heritage and my current favorite amp is my 1948 Valco, but my ToneKing Falcon is right there with it. I build guitars and amps and mod pedals as well.
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 12-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
I play a Tom Anderson Drop Top Classic though a Fender Mustang III (I know, it's not a million-dollar vintage tube amp, get over it ). Current effects chain is: a MXR Dyna Comp into a Fulltone Full-Drive 2, Fulltone Deja Vibe, TC Corona (chorus), and finally into a TC Alter Ego X4 Delay. I need to make up a pedal board.

I can do a pretty good Gilmour-like, Yamaha RA-200/mercilessly overdriven HiWatt 100 head thang with this rig. I might be ditching the X4, the Corona, and the Dyna Comp in favor of Keeley Compressor (4-knob) and some other delay and chorus that are TBD at the moment. The X4 and Corona are good but it can at times can sound very digital/overprocessed. I'd kill anyone that tries to take my Fulltone pedals! Just be warned! Haha...

Poke fun at the amp if you must but it does a remarkably good job at volumes that won't make you ears bleed.
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Last edited by Pappy; 12-20-2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Mustang III, not IV
Old 12-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
I have owned two Mustangs and they get pretty "tubey." I have an Amplifi75 that I use to bluetooth backing tracks and jam with. It doesn't do loud very well but it can do a lot of amazing sounds!
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Old 12-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
Key with the Mustangs is 1) don't believe the hype and set your expectations too high. These are never going to be able to replace a VibroKing or Carr Rambler, and 2) 12" speaker (Mustang II, IV, or V (with a decent cabinet) should be the minimum size a serious player, or a hack like me that happens to have a good ear (if not great fingers), gets in order to achieve a pretty reasonably good sounding amp model.
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Old 01-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by shephard101
Joined Jan 2017
2 Posts
Yes i do love to play guitar, i could talk this topic for hours, by the way i play a Fender Stratocaster and Line 6 amp.. my favorite band... Metallica.. but mostly rock genre and also punk stuff
shephard101 is offline Find More Posts by shephard101
Old 02-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by halsey
Joined Dec 2016
5 Posts
I played bass guitar, I got a band and we just play random song and our own song. As the time goes by, band mate got commitment with family and daily job so we just rarely play together
halsey is offline Find More Posts by halsey

Quick Reply