logo
Old 06-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by gapple12
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2006
4,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papatrey View Post
I have a set I won't use. Send me your contact information and I'll put them in the mail on Monday. I'll let you know the shipping cost and you can PP that amount to me. I'll send my PP account via PM.
Great !! PM sent
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by T_Hartigan
United States, OH, Oak Harbor
Joined Sep 2016
17 Posts
I maidened mine Saturday and have 4 flights now. As others have said it just flys nice and after the initial flight jitters put you at ease flying. Da70 with canister. Should have bought one sooner.
T_Hartigan is offline Find More Posts by T_Hartigan
Old 07-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by sensei
Super Weight Freak
San Antonio Texas
Joined Nov 2006
3,267 Posts
I maddened my 91" about 10 weeks ago, and it really is an awesome airplane to fly.

Bob
sensei is offline Find More Posts by sensei
Last edited by sensei; 07-05-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by Nat3D
Nat 3D
Panama, Panama City
Joined Aug 2017
310 Posts
Hi all, this airplane is awesome

My EF Laser 91" (1 min 50 sec)
Nat3D is offline Find More Posts by Nat3D
Old 08-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by suds
indywestrc & viehercfliers
United States, IN, Zionsville
Joined Jul 2014
514 Posts
My Laser is still cranking out quality flights!
Here's a video of Neil Kapaloric wringing it out at Hoverpalooza this past weekend.
Electric 91" Extreme Flight Laser @ Hoverpalooza 2019 (4 min 38 sec)
suds is offline Find More Posts by suds
Old 08-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by xtraflyr
United States, NJ, Chester Township
Joined Jan 2006
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suds View Post
My Laser is still cranking out quality flights!
Here's a video of Neil Kapaloric wringing it out at Hoverpalooza this past weekend.
https://vimeo.com/352351042
That was awesome. Iím loving mine as electric. It flies so damn light,like a butterfly!
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old 08-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Feb 2013
2,732 Posts
Just don't crash it. 3 months and still no fuselage. A main reason I went with EF is because I thought they stocked parts. Now I have a $3000 dust collector. BTW, the "crash" was a deadstick that came up short on the runway. didn't look too bad and didn't even break the landing gear although the entire center section of the fuselage simply broke away. So much for stock coming back in July.......
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 08-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by Cycletech
CycleTech
United States, CT, Greenwich
Joined Jun 2019
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttdog View Post
Just don't crash it. 3 months and still no fuselage. A main reason I went with EF is because I thought they stocked parts. Now I have a $3000 dust collector. BTW, the "crash" was a deadstick that came up short on the runway. didn't look too bad and didn't even break the landing gear although the entire center section of the fuselage simply broke away. So much for stock coming back in July.......
Just curious was your fuse Carbon laminated?
Cycletech is offline Find More Posts by Cycletech
Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Just curious was your fuse Carbon laminated?
Yes it is the carbon/ply laminate EXP model. Sadly I've seen an EF V3 102" extra rip the entire bottom of the fuselage off on a landing that should have ripped the gear out at worst. Instead it destroyed the fuselage. Nothing in the way of the landing gear or landing mounts got hurt on mine. The entire center section that holds the wing tube broke out. You could litterally pull the wings out of the side of the fuselage still bolted together. No damage other then fuselage and one SFG. I love these new carbon/ply planes however there is so little structure inside that they don't hold up well to anything but what they were designed for. Hard landings not included.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by Cycletech
CycleTech
United States, CT, Greenwich
Joined Jun 2019
142 Posts
Quote:
Yes it is the carbon/ply laminate EXP model. Sadly I've seen an EF V3 102" extra rip the entire bottom of the fuselage off on a landing that should have ripped the gear out at worst. Instead it destroyed the fuselage. Nothing in the way of the landing gear or landing mounts got hurt on mine. The entire center section that holds the wing tube broke out. You could litterally pull the wings out of the side of the fuselage still bolted together. No damage other then fuselage and one SFG. I love these new carbon/ply planes however there is so little structure inside that they don't hold up well to anything but what they were designed for. Hard landings not included.
Correct they are making them VERY lightly constructed and unfortunately they cant handle S**t outside of near perfect landings and pillow soft harrier landings. Ive seen it and experienced it myself with fuse structure exploding.
Cycletech is offline Find More Posts by Cycletech
Old 08-19-2019, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,333 Posts
Just be careful not to blame the construction for S**t flying skills. I've really heard too much already about how guys equate a light airframe with poor construction.

Some guys need to have their planes built like furniture or they feel it won't last. But the most durable planes I've ever seen were 126" from kits built to 36 pounds dry and can last for decades as long as you don't drive them into the dirt. They are, of course, built to fly, not to crash. There are other brands that are two to three pounds heavier but still won't survive a S**t landing.

These planes are incredibly fun for those that can keep them out of the dirt.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Old 08-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,732 Posts
So I guess my DA70 flaming out is because of my sh*t flying skills? That's original
Old 08-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2014
557 Posts
Quote:
So I guess my DA70 flaming out is because of my sh*t flying skills? That's original
Can you read minds? Lol
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old 08-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
South Pasadena, Florida
Joined Mar 2009
1,333 Posts
So what? Bad engine skills maybe? Not sure what you're saying. Your engine quit, you had a hard landing that you expected maybe the LG to rip out, but when you damaged the fuse, the real problem was the composite ply? Now that's original.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Old 08-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,732 Posts
I never blamed the composite ply. What I stated is that I have seen several instances where a light impact is turning out to be much more serious then expected. Not just EF but pilot as well. When the entire wing tube and center wing section breaks out of a fuselage and NOTHING else is damaged, that should tell you something. Well not you because you are so smart and know everything.

your insults are the reason this forum has slipped to the state it is in now. Calling people sh*t pilots serves no purpose but to inflame. Every other thread here is a screaming match where everyone is an expert at everything when in reality they know nothing. Flame me all you want, I won't pay it any attention. Unsubscribed.

Quick Reply