logo
Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
after watching Jason completely ring out that Edge, I dont know how you couldnt trust AW planes for one second...Sheesh Jason...that was some intense S**T
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by Paul5992
Red Wing MN USA
Joined Jun 2007
930 Posts
Bodyworks was right. Stick to 50cc stuff. This guy is compairing 3D hobby shop 50cc planes to AW's 100cc planes. He needs to stick with the smaller planes untill he learns some throttle managment.I've seen guys fly the AW 100cc extra 260 way harder than jason flew his edge and not come apart. He said it himself. "I wasn't doing anything that my other planes can't handle." Stay with the smaller planes and you won't have these problems.
Paul5992 is offline Find More Posts by Paul5992
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by ComeAWN!
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jan 2009
624 Posts
I lost my 100cc AW edge in a 20ft hover (im new to 3d) I was horrified! But when I put her on the OR table I was VERY surprised on how little damage she got. I had to replace a wing as it took 90% of the energy. I believe at least my Edge from AW was a very robust Aircraft. It's flying again so Im happy.

Oh and AW had my wing in stock. Gave me a hug and sent it out..... to Hawaii, and I got it in a week and a half not to shabby
ComeAWN! is offline Find More Posts by ComeAWN!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Hey guys toy are all saying it's the way he flew it, however it could have had a fault from new, these are wood built up models and 1 or 2 may have a weakness in them could have been a weak glue joint or even a dodgy bit of wood thet looks fine when inspecting it. Dosn't matter what is manufactured all products will have a % of failure rate. the problem is most people think that because it's more expencive then the others it will not fail.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Custom User Title
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jun 2011
232 Posts
Buy an Extreme Flight and call it good! Chris H will always take care of you. I've seen him do it over and over again.
SpartanExec is offline Find More Posts by SpartanExec
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Okay, I have *finally* made it completely through this thread

It is a shame that this thread was ever started. The situation should have been handled between the plane's owner and Aeroworks, not debated in an open forum by people with good intentions with zero stake in the claim.

By debating this topic in an open forum, Aeroworks' reputation has taken a direct hit! Some will argue, "Good, they should", while others will argue the opposite. The truth lies somewhere down the middle. This thread is just not necessary (imo only..AND respectfully stated to all involved).

So, I say to the original owner and Aeroworks, come to consensus and move on...regardless of what we think and state in the thread

On another note...giant scale flight requires a whole new skill set with respect to "assembling" ARF's. It is absolutely reasonable for any manufacturer to expect that a certain level of knowledge would be obtained prior to investing the kind of money required to participate in this facet of the hobby. If ARF assemblers cannot distinguish between a good glue joint versus a faulty glue joint, then the assembler NEEDS to ask a more experienced modeler to be present during the assembly steps. The learning curve would be much less steep!

Now, that is not the half of it! The owner of one of these beauties needs to fully understand the electronics involved, from setting up multiple servos per flight surface, to redundant electrical systems. You cannot, nor should you ever expect to be able to, just slap one of these beauties together and go fly. Yet, I see it all the time...with the same results...smash, crash, pop...toothpicks (not to say this was the case in this thread...just saying...)

Well, I have rambled long enough. I would never hesitate to buy another AW plane, regardless of where the "truth" lies in this particular case. EF, AW, 3DHS and the like, make wonderful ARF's that am grateful for, since I want to fly instead of building a kit for 2-years.

That said, I am very sorry for your loss and wish you nothing but the best moving forward...

Respectfully,
Bill (aka Smacka)
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka

Quick Reply