Old 11-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by Saito180
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Nov 2023
10 Posts
Discussion
DLE twin one exhaust oily one dry

Hey guys

Has anyone ever had a twin engine show more exhaust residue on one exhaust tube vs the other side, engine has good power, I'm thinking one side either has better compression, or it might be due to the rotation of the crank helping one side get more fuel.

Any thoughts ?

Saito180 is offline Find More Posts by Saito180
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-15-2023, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
Some engines do this more than others,most of the time it's the rear cylinder that's the problem.It's a design of the engine or lack of it,that causes the rear cylinder to get more fuel.Some engines have a limit on how far the reed will open on the rear cylinder side of reed block.You could try some Bjorn Baal rings to help dry up the oil.I had the same problem with two 76 twins. The new rings did dry up the oil on the sparkplug,but never did cure the over rich fuel problem.I traded the 76's for two 70's that don't have this problem.
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 11-15-2023, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
Some engines do this more than others,most of the time it's the rear cylinder that's the problem.It's a design of the engine or lack of it,that causes the rear cylinder to get more fuel.Some engines have a limit on how far the reed will open on the rear cylinder side of reed block.You could try some Bjorn Baal rings to help dry up the oil.I had the same problem with two 76 twins. The new rings did dry up the oil on the sparkplug,but never did cure the over rich fuel problem.I traded the 76's for two 70's that don't have this problem.
+1 Closetguy is right as usual! I’ve learned a lot from his posts over the years. .
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer

Quick Reply