logo
Old 12-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
I'll agree on the "no perfect ARF" front...

Here's the deal with me and making suggestions to the manufacturers about how to improve their models.... Um, yeah... not so much. For one, I don't speak Chinese, and my keyboard doesn't have the keys to write in Chinese either. On top of that, suggestions such as putting a fiberglass tube in the fuse have been around since at least the invention of the Mojo. Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together can see the abuse that a tubed profile can handle... I shouldn't need to suggest something so basic to the integrity of a design. Same with the bum covering jobs I've seen on these ARFs... a decent covering job - you know... edges sealed, less than 500 wrinkles, all wood that might be visible when ready to fly actually covered with covering - that sort of thing should be standard. Reasonably ready to fly covering on a model has been standard since about the dawn of time... maybe not until later with the invention of Monokote, SolarTex, Coverite, etc... but still... 1-2' patches of loose covering flapping on a wing panel? Elevator cutouts not even covered. It's just amateurish and reflective of the poor quality - I presume in the name of saving a buck. As for engine mounts falling off, umm... how should I suggest that be improved? Hey... Chinese company ripping off designs. Be sure to rip off the part about strong firewalls, hardwood mounting rails, plenty of quality glue applied in the right places, and that thing invented over 100 years ago.... DON'T LET THE FRONT FALL OFF THE PLANE!

I'm not sure that all the ARF-defenders here are defending their purchases to the end. I understand some of the folks I've spoken to have quite a bit to do with the import and distribution of these ARFs.

-Case
Case, enough is enough. We get your picture YOU DO NOT LIKE ARF"S. From what we can all fathom you do not like ARF's of ANY KIND
What you need to understand about our hobby. Most of todays RCer's would not even now were to start or have the skills to build a great flying plane. We have become a User Nation BUY it, USE it up, Throw it away and buy a new one
jerrysu29 is offline Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Look, I can hover a foamy!
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysu29 View Post
Case, enough is enough. We get your picture YOU DO NOT LIKE ARF"S. From what we can all fathom you do not like ARF's of ANY KIND
What you need to understand about our hobby. Most of todays RCer's would not even now were to start or have the skills to build a great flying plane. We have become a User Nation BUY it, USE it up, Throw it away and buy a new one
That's funny... the guy saying "enough is enough" is the one who can't let the thread go... not even for 3 weeks. If all you can "fathom" is that I "do not like ARF's of ANY KIND" you're playing in an awfully shallow pool... (sorry, weak metaphor.) Anyway, you're totally wrong. Did you know my "trainer" was a BNF CarbonZ Yak54? Second plane? Great Planes Platinum Series 25% Yak54 ARF. After that, I flew a number of the BNF ultra-micros... that's about as "ARF" as you can get, right? Somewhere during the last 2 years, I was finally talked into building my first kit... As a matter of fact, it was an avid scale modeler who said to me, "why don't you buy a kit and build something so you can see what's in all these ARFs and micro planes in a box?" Honestly, I didn't know where to start either... but after a number of friends, club members, and online model forum posters encouraged me, the Mojo60 was started and ready to fly in 8 days... Most ARFs I've assembled have taken more time than that - especially when the stuffing isn't exactly what the Chinese intended for me to use!

So, after I was encouraged and built just one kit profile, do you know what my next plane was? An EE60 that had been built to ARF stage...! Last summer I built 1 kit (a Backslider/Frisbee 47" Yak profile) and bought 3 other planes... A RTF Mojo60, an assembled but not stuffed ValueHobby Yak55, and an old AeroWorks 80" Profile Extra. When I build less than 15% of the planes I fly, how can you possibly fathom that I don't like ARFs of any kind???

What's all this ramble about? I DO NOT LIKE THE CONSTRUCTION OR QUALITY OF THE MODEL THAT THIS THREAD IS INQUIRING ABOUT. I HAVE made numerous suggestions to the manufacturer, and in several generations of release and re-release, I have yet to see many improvements. There are a number of great profiles out there to fly... the vast majority are kits or plans to build from, a few are available as ARFs today, and, if you know where to look you can find a number of kit built to ARF stage if you don't want to do the framing and covering yourself. The Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile is not one of those...

-Case
CanCanCase is offline Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Old 12-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by IRON MAN
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Dec 2011
150 Posts
Case,
arguing with the fan-boys on FG is like F***ing for virginity

fun but will get you nowhere
IRON MAN is offline Find More Posts by IRON MAN
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Believe me, it's 100% pure entertainment value!
I find it hilarious that I'm ridiculed for my opinions and statements of fact, while others can have the same opinion and state the same facts without contest.

I had honestly thought the thread died with my last post 3 weeks ago, but someone either thinks their head is harder than mine to keep butting up against, or has a financial interest in Aerobeez and can't let a negative be the last word...

All in good fun while it's too rainy to fly and my workbench is too covered in Christmas wrapping paper to build...

-Case
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Believe me, it's 100% pure entertainment value!
I find it hilarious that I'm ridiculed for my opinions and statements of fact, while others can have the same opinion and state the same facts without contest.

I had honestly thought the thread died with my last post 3 weeks ago, but someone either thinks their head is harder than mine to keep butting up against, or has a financial interest in Aerobeez and can't let a negative be the last word...

All in good fun while it's too rainy to fly and my workbench is too covered in Christmas wrapping paper to build...

-Case
Their are a few things to complain about in any kit built or arf you can buy. I did not know you were God's gift to the RC aircraft community You have your Opinion, just as I have mine and every body else their's .I like the AERO BEEZ Proflies, you do not. I admit there are some items I did not care for, but the items were easly addressed You like the Mojo I do not it's as simple as that. I have ran over 5 gallons of go juice through my AERO-BEEZ YAK 20cc with hrs of great flying and working on 3D manuver's. I do not fly my large planes for every day flying. Pilot RC 30cc Yak Mintor 38cc, ,H-9 Sukhio 31 3W100, Aero-Works 85cc Yak 54 DA 85, Pilot RC SBach
30ccc, DLE 30, Pilot RC 40% SBach DA170cc, Pilot RC 50cc Yak, Mintor 60, OMP Yak 54 47" profile Siato 82, OMP Yak 55-SP Profile OS AX 120, OMP Razor Yak OS AX 120, OMP 80" Yak Moki 210, and Aero-works 80 " Extra Profile I built from a Kit and is highly modified. and a few more
Merry Christmas, Case and a Happy new Year
Last edited by jerrysu29; 12-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,331 Posts
here is a short video of the AERO-BEEZ Yak 20cc 2nd flight
MVI 1928 (0 min 36 sec)
I was out practicing tail touch landings in the wind. Happy Holidays Everyone!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
...I did not know you were God's gift to the RC aircraft community ...
I'm not. Never implied I was. You're the one who stated I didn't like ARFs, and a brief review of my short modeling history reveals that you were wrong. I like ARFs plenty fine... just not this one.

One more time...a review: OP asked for opinions of this model. I gave mine. Other posters made personal attacks, so I posted facts to explain the basis for my opinion. Other posters made more personal attacks, AND a good number of folks posted the same negative facts about their experiences with this model. Now we're down to several folks who have had negative experiences with this model, and one or two fans who don't post much fact, but just seem to want to keep telling me I'm wrong for the negative experience I've had.

Jerry, this has nothing to do with the Mojo, or any other profile - kit or ARF. I found many quality issues with the Aerobeez product. I like to get out there and fly as much as the next guy, and usually only take the time to build something during rainy season when there is no flying. My point is not that ARFs are bad, my point is that THIS ARF is bad.

-Case
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,331 Posts
Case, sorry to here you had such a bad experience with this one arf profile, They will take anything you can dish out .They are not a bad Arf. They may not be #1 but they are not at the bottom either. There are just as many people out there that love the way This one flies. Like I said earlier they do have some issue's with certain items but they all have some issue's. I believe you have stressed your opinion here about, this one ARF you purchased at a swap meet more than anyone here get over it. There are many people here that like this arf, you so adamanitly hate. Have a good day.
Here is a short video of how I like to take off with my AERO-BEEZ Yak 20cc
MVI 1924 (0 min 17 sec)
Last edited by jerrysu29; 12-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
These Aerobeez arf profiles are a great profile. Even more than the guys on this thread are giving credit for. It has nothing to do with fan boys. It has to do with who is having fun with a plane and who is not.

Fact of the matter is, a profile is not the strongest construction out there. But it is strong enough to last a long time. There is nothing wrong with the amount of glue or design. It doesnt take much to hold these things together.

When it comes down to it, it is user error. You have to ballance props for one. And a engine that is not tuned properly will cause excessive vibration. It dont matter if its a 100cc 35% yak or a yak profile, excessive vibration will wear out a plane very fast. You guys that are whining about a profile need to realize that profile's are a care free plane. Beat on em and throw them away. Like i was told when I started flying, Dont worry about it. They make more. But man are they fun...
Monster Energy is offline Find More Posts by Monster Energy
Last edited by Monster Energy; 12-27-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
...They will take anything you can dish out .... They may not be #1 but they are not at the bottom either. There are just as many people out there that love the way This one flies.
In the real world, these things WILL NOT "take anything you can dish out." We actually have several posts from within this very thread by people who decided to "dish out" mounting an engine and starting it up. Whatever your definition may be, the front falling off the plane is not "taking anything you can dish out."

I'm sure the plane flies very well... My issues are with the quality of the ARF, general construction, and covering job - all of which lead to extra work needed BEFORE the thing will be ready to fly. I know plenty of folks who just love the way a Pizza Box flies. That doesn't automatically make Domino's a decent ARF manufacturer!

Quote:
...ARF you purchased at a swap meet...
Wrong again. Re-read. I said I bought one, and after seeing the low-quality presentation I decided to DUMP it at a swap meet. Side note: the guy from Wenatchee who bought it told me he hates it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Energy View Post
These Aerobeez arf profiles are a great profile. Even more than the guys on this thread are giving credit for. It has nothing to do with fan boys. It has to do with who is having fun with a plane and who is not.
Right on! It also has to do with who needs to put a dozen extra hours into correcting manufacturer defects before it will fly and who likes to just throw a heap of junk up in the air until it rains down scraps.

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, a profile is not the strongest construction out there. But it is strong enough to last a long time. There is nothing wrong with the amount of glue or design. It doesnt take much to hold these things together.
True, a profile isn't "the strongest" construction out there... but guys are building far lighter, far stronger airframes all over the place. If there was a change a manufacturer could make that would induce little or no extra cost, reduce weight, and strengthen the airframe, why wouldn't they do it? Strong enough to last a long time? What a joke... maybe after a dozen hours fixing covering jobs that come apart with idle prop wash.

Quote:
When it comes down to it, it is user error. You have to ballance props for one. And a engine that is not tuned properly will cause excessive vibration. It dont matter if its a 100cc 35% yak or a yak profile, excessive vibration will wear out a plane very fast. You guys that are whining about a profile need to realize that profile's are a care free plane. Beat on em and throw them away. Like i was told when I started flying, Dont worry about it. They make more. But man are they fun...
You've just contradicted yourself... on one hand, "it's a care free plane. Beat on em and throw them away." But on the other hand, "you have to balance props", tune the engine properly, etc... Pick one. A plane that falls apart on maiden - no matter how out of tune the engine may be - is falling apart WAY too soon for my tastes. ARF means "Almost Ready to Fly"... Seems to me with some basic assembly steps, the plane should fly at least once without falling apart.

My experience with the Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile is that it takes longer to fix the manufacturing defects to make the airframe ready to fly than it would take to build one of the tested and proven profile kits available today.

-Case
Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
In the real world, these things WILL NOT "take anything you can dish out." We actually have several posts from within this very thread by people who decided to "dish out" mounting an engine and starting it up. Whatever your definition may be, the front falling off the plane is not "taking anything you can dish out."

I'm sure the plane flies very well... My issues are with the quality of the ARF, general construction, and covering job - all of which lead to extra work needed BEFORE the thing will be ready to fly. I know plenty of folks who just love the way a Pizza Box flies. That doesn't automatically make Domino's a decent ARF manufacturer!

Wrong again. Re-read. I said I bought one, and after seeing the low-quality presentation I decided to DUMP it at a swap meet. Side note: the guy from Wenatchee who bought it told me he hates it too!

Right on! It also has to do with who needs to put a dozen extra hours into correcting manufacturer defects before it will fly and who likes to just throw a heap of junk up in the air until it rains down scraps.

True, a profile isn't "the strongest" construction out there... but guys are building far lighter, far stronger airframes all over the place. If there was a change a manufacturer could make that would induce little or no extra cost, reduce weight, and strengthen the airframe, why wouldn't they do it? Strong enough to last a long time? What a joke... maybe after a dozen hours fixing covering jobs that come apart with idle prop wash.

You've just contradicted yourself... on one hand, "it's a care free plane. Beat on em and throw them away." But on the other hand, "you have to balance props", tune the engine properly, etc... Pick one. A plane that falls apart on maiden - no matter how out of tune the engine may be - is falling apart WAY too soon for my tastes. ARF means "Almost Ready to Fly"... Seems to me with some basic assembly steps, the plane should fly at least once without falling apart.

My experience with the Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile is that it takes longer to fix the manufacturing defects to make the airframe ready to fly than it would take to build one of the tested and proven profile kits available today.

-Case
I though your experience was opening the box and dumping it at the swap meet. There has to be 10 of these flying in the area by now. All with 22 and 20 cc motors. I think the 1 or 2 guys with the bad experience need to ask for some help at the field. Seen nothing but alot of smiling faces from these planes. Too bad for you 1 or 2 guys. Like I said with what little bit of negative I see on this thread I still have to say user error.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
I though your experience was opening the box and dumping it at the swap meet. There has to be 10 of these flying in the area by now. All with 22 and 20 cc motors. I think the 1 or 2 guys with the bad experience need to ask for some help at the field. Seen nothing but alot of smiling faces from these planes. Too bad for you 1 or 2 guys. Like I said with what little bit of negative I see on this thread I still have to say user error.
Perhaps the failures you've witnessed are, in fact due to user error. The original post asked what people thought of this ARF. My experience is that the new in box product would take more time to get ready to fly than it would take a novice to build a similar airframe from a kit. Simple.

-Case
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps the failures you've witnessed are, in fact due to user error. The original post asked what people thought of this ARF. My experience is that the new in box product would take more time to get ready to fly than it would take a novice to build a similar airframe from a kit. Simple.

-Case
I have not seen any from the dozen or so around here. And when the front end falls off from a perfectly greased landing isnt the problem, the problem is the 20 not so stellar landings before that one. Dont worry, I got mad at the first couple planes I crashed, but unlike some of you I got over that. And am man enough to admit when I too have user error. Like I said, profiles are not a science and you can easily build one, have fun with one, and crash one because it dont matter. Its a 100 bucks. I spend more for 1 servo on my big gassers.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by Cooper 1
IMAC USA Team Member
Nampa, Id
Joined Jul 2007
252 Posts
hahahahaha
You guys crack me up......these planes are great...
My buddy and I are having a great time with these things hands down.....
Cooper 1 is offline Find More Posts by Cooper 1
Old 01-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Find More Posts by raydar
Joined Nov 2009
1,178 Posts
My front end fell off because I abused the airframe due to one dead stick after another. I flattened the landing gear 4 times before the front end had enough. It would not just have fell off. Never actually meant my original comment as a negative towards this airframe. Lol.

I had added tristock and fibreglassed the engine mount from the get go, this part NEVER failed on the two of these profiles I had. Did not realise my original comment would be twisted so much to suit one guys crusade.

If ANY full body arf I had went through the abuse my deadstick landings had caused the airframe would have been ready for the bin after the first 15 foot hover deadstick.

I do agree that this profile cannot be anywhere near as strong as a kit built profile, and has less wing than most BUT it is a GREAT flying plane. I can knife edge circuit with it because it has zero coupling and it flys so slow im using it to learn rolling circuits.

If the china man would listen and add a bit carbon tube and a slightly bigger wing I would buy another two in a heart beat.
raydar is offline Find More Posts by raydar
Last edited by raydar; 01-01-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply