logo
Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by choppedlow
BONAFIED
Yuma, Mexizona
Joined Jan 2006
797 Posts
Re: Comp-arf 2.3, R.i.p.!!!

And go to bed ! I at least have an excuse! Can't sleep if my life depended on it!
choppedlow is offline Find More Posts by choppedlow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Find More Posts by Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

Hey Chopped,

Did you decide on which plane will be your next? I guess I will be flying Extra's this year, both a 30% and a 33%, got 'em both in trades, couldn't beat the price.
Boulder is offline Find More Posts by Boulder
Old 01-24-2006, 06:26 AM
BONAFIED
Yuma, Mexizona
Joined Jan 2006
797 Posts

Yaks most likely, at least 35%. Im getting a 40 as soon as I feel up to it. Maybe Ill bring back the biplane! No, to many servos. For some reason I like the 260. The 330 has to big of a canopy, at least for me. I always scratch the crap out of them, so less is best for me. I love the new 260 comparf, but I might go wood. Im going to get a SR Camel (dont laugh). I just like how they look in the garage! Imagine a Sopwith Cammel KE at 130mph, 10 feet off of ground. Canvas on the tarmak!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

I do like the Dalton 260, looks sweet with Tony building it.

"Next on the line, the freestyle antics of Kelly Curtis, AKA Choppedlow...He will be flying his new 40% Sopwith Camel, with the new DA-200!! Pay attention now folks, you're in for one he!! of a show!!! This is going to be a good one, folks!!!"
Boulder is offline Find More Posts by Boulder
Old 01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
BONAFIED
Yuma, Mexizona
Joined Jan 2006
797 Posts

you forgot "hide the kiddies! This canvas wing is going to rip to shreads! Donations to follow."
Old 01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by red_z06
Dumont, NJ USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedlow
Time to move up/on. Let another have some fun with it. I was thinking of putting the DA50 in aother plane, more 3D ish. The 2.3 is kind of on the heavy side for it. If I were to build it again, I would put one of the Spanish 80s in it from Forgues, or whatever his name is. THat would haul butt. I like that fun fly 3d plane that aviation models is showing. Just a fun plane to flip around. I see your son in the new issues of all the magazines. Man, you guys are as famous as the Osmonds, but Oriental. I keep tellig my son...."Hey, you have to be like that kid!!! Look, he's doint it! Whats your problem"! Just kidding. He flyis AFP every day. BTW, is it worth upgrading from AFP to AFPD? Its only 80 bucks to upgrade, being if you can find the disk.
I can understand moving up/on. As for the photos, I think most in the magazine were more less curiosity shots "Hey look at that little kid". However, the one on the back page of FlyRC was amazing. I upgraded to afpd for the looks (included photo field) and self reflection but it doesn't appear that they did anything with flight physics. Also, they included all the planes from the expansion pack for free. If you are happy with the look then I say stay with it. But if you like few airplanes that it comes with, you might want to upgraded as they will not be available for free download.

I just hope he stays interested as then I know he'll make a name for himself in RC (not that it mean anything significant in putting food on the table). It would also mean twice the RC budget until he moves out but twice the fun and more memories. If your kids learn on AFP, your job won't be to teach them how to fly as they will out do you in no time but guide them doing things they are not supposed to do. It is not easy.

I say things like "Justin, mommy was sitting inside the pit area watching you fly and you crashed into mommy. Now mommy died because you hit her with your plane" and he say "No more mommy?" This is how I taught him to stay away from pit area.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06

Quick Reply