logo
Old 02-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
440 Posts
Now that you have Pilot RC USA why not use the phone and call ?
I never had any problems contacting Pilot RC China and obtain parts( crash repair kit ) that I needed.

Tony is also here on FG on the Pilot tread - Pitts..so you can PM him.
They don’t ship kit from China - so use Chief Aircraft or Pilot RC USA.

I am wondering that if you wanted to Paypal money to them..you must have had a contact with them to place an order and know the amount.
Something wrong here - you would have know they do not take Paypal in China then.Chief or Pilot RC USA i dont know if they do Paypal.

So shine some light on what you are trying to do here..
Helo1 is offline Find More Posts by Helo1
Last edited by Helo1; 02-05-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
In all sincerity, that's one reason (among others) that I went with a PAU for my next project.
You deal with PAU in the US. Not the manufacturer of the PAU line in the Philippine. The OP is trying to deal with Pilot China.
If the OP deal with Chief or Pilot USA - this kind of situation will not happen.

Try to obtain parts directly from the manufacture of the PAU line and we will see what kind of success you get.

Pilot RC is well supported - has good as any Asian made line sold in the US.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo1 View Post
Try to obtain parts directly from the manufacture of the PAU line and we will see what kind of success you get.

Pilot RC is well supported - has good as any Asian made line sold in the US.

I don't know anything about PAU in the Philippines and I have nothing at all against Pilot RC. However...
  1. I have dealt directly with PAU in Florida. Herve is a nice, knowledgeable guy, and very responsive by both email and by cellphone. It's never been more than a day or 2 to get a response by email and he picks up his cellphone if called. I picked up a 35% Edge at his warehouse Saturday.
  2. I have dealt with Tony at Pilot a couple of times, including, as the OP is requesting, to purchase replacement parts. While I get the impression he's a decent guy, by email, I was lucky to ever get a reply. And the emails sent were very pleasant...just no reply except for 1 time in late 2017/early 2018. The reply took 3 weeks as I recall. And I never got a further email reply.
  3. I did find Tony on Facebook a month or 2 ago, and got a reply in a matter of hours by FB Messenger. Tony then connected me to the Pilot USA guy, also by FB Messenger.
  4. I have nothing against Pilot RC. With Pilot RC USA, there certainly is the potential to be faster/easier to communicate. However the friendly gentleman (Pilot RC USA) with whom I exchanged FB messages was inexperienced with their airframes. He was unable to answer my questions or provide guidance except about product availability. I don't know if Pilot RC USA will process replacement part orders or if it will still go through Tony. I didn't ask.
At the end of the day, Herve (PAU Florida) was there to quickly answer my questions, provide useful advice and construction tips. He patiently helped to guide me through the selection process based on my needs without ever pushing me in one direction or another.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Last edited by RCAddiction; 02-05-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: missed past tence of a verb...dang.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
1,788 Posts
I live a few miles away from Extreme flight headquarters/ warehouse so should buy there but just want to try to rebuild my Pilot Yak before I toss it.
dhal22 is online now Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
440 Posts
I did get the parts for one rebuild - you have to send detailled pictures and they send you all the parts required.They ship from China. You have to pay shipping.
You will have somebody at the manufacture contact you. They send me pictures of the parts they were shipping for review to make sure all was there. They will also handle the CC payment for shipping.

My guesss is you are somewhere in this process.

Parts are not a problem but a crash rebuild kit is a different matter than getting a cowl or wheel pants or even a wing. They have to be hand picked from the production or specifically made - packed and shipped. All the parts received fitted perfectly. Mine as rebuild from rear mid fuse to the front end !

No too many company selling ARF offer free wood repair kit..is PAU or Extreme Flight doing it ?

Here we have a very good RC Pilot dealer with a huge inventory of ARF and parts. For the same reasons stated by RCAddiction- service and communication - Pilot RC are very popular.

Tony is the President of RC Pilot, and it’s amazing that he have time at all to answer to his clients like he does. But sometime, it is slow.
Last edited by Helo1; 02-06-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
1,788 Posts
Helo1, you are correct. We have communicated, he gave me a shipping price but never answered the question of whether the photos provided were sufficient. Interesting the comment that I would be contacted from the manufacturer. Maybe that's where the photos come in.

Thx
dhal22 is online now Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by Helo1
Joined May 2009
440 Posts
In my case it was not Tony but a lady from RC Pilot China that took care of me after initial contact with Tony.
By the manufacturer I mean RC Pilot factory in China.

Quick Reply