logo
Old 01-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,041 Posts
I've never Ever been to Any swap meet that didn't have a fair amount of junk and old stuff that few if any ppl want . The Perry swap meet does have it's share but there are so many Venders selling brand new items that you can get a Nib arf...Nib servos...Nib engine and everything needed including a New Radio if you want. Of course if there's something specific you need like a wing for a rare plane or spare parts for your current plane you can keep an eye out for. I Iove getting those deals from vender like enough New servo extensions for 2 planes for $30. New switches for $10 . Your choice of New Batteries...nicad ..nickle metal..Life..Lipo. I've bought several Nib 30% arfs from the EF booth with means I save over $150 just on no shipping .... which will mostly pay for the trip it's self, plus for a few minutes i get to talk with Chris Henson the owner/designer of my fav brand Planes. The whole trip is a guys getaway to have some fun with your best flying buddies and shop for goodies too. I've gone several times and bought almost nothing because I still had plenty from last year... but still had a great time. For me the whole trip there, the shopping and the trip home is time spent with my friends and associated with the Hobby we love. I feel for those that only see a room full of junk.
ponyboy082662 is online now Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 01-29-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by Philkoury
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Feb 2007
380 Posts
Always enjoy seeing the variety of different opinions modelers have of the items for sale. What some see as a piece of sh*t others see as a diamond in the rough. Then there are the guys who see something they want but think to long about the purchase only to lose out on the deal. One year a fellow club member saw a J-3 Cub bind an fly but he talked his self out of the purchase due to the price. He came back to the table and asked what we thought and was told it was really a great deal. Of course when we went back it was gone. Later on another walk around he found the model on someone else's table with a marked the price. Yep you guessed it he then bought it for the higher price.
Some of my best Perry purchases have been made Thursday night in the hotel parking lot . Saturday when people start packing up can also result in good deals. In all the years I have been attending I have always found something I needed or wanted at a price I was happy to pay. I wish Radical RC still attended the show because ordering online I always seem to forget something because I am unable to walk up and down his tables.
Philkoury is offline Find More Posts by Philkoury
Last edited by Philkoury; 01-29-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by georgeair
Joined Nov 2015
12 Posts
Pitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceY View Post
Iíll be there. Looking for a GP 1/3 scale Pitts in decent shape. Prefer airframe only.
Vince sent you a pm
georgeair is online now Find More Posts by georgeair
Old 02-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
601 Posts
Sent you one back
VinceY is offline Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 02-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by amiller
CANDY MAN
United States, NC, Clemmons
Joined Sep 2008
384 Posts
We are going.. coming out of Winston Salem, NC...
amiller is offline Find More Posts by amiller
Old 02-03-2019, 06:04 PM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
2,041 Posts
Less than 4 weeks guys.....who's going ... What ya bringing to sell and what are ya looking to buy. My list of what I need for now is very short but my list of what I want would be longer than Santa's...lol
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 02-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:40 AM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
2,041 Posts
Wow......just 3 more weeks from today. I'm getting all excited and still not sure if I can even make it this year. I do know EF...and Valley View are coming again this year.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by summerpilot
United States, SC, Greenwood
Joined Jul 2011
36 Posts
I will be there!!!
summerpilot is offline Find More Posts by summerpilot
Old 02-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by dusturbd
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2015
607 Posts
I would love to go but the whole Friday Saturday thing kind of screws it up for me. Not really up for burning a sick or vacation day for a swap meet and it would be an 11hr+ round trip to do it in 1 day. Would be better if it was Sat/Sun in my opinion
dusturbd is online now Find More Posts by dusturbd
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusturbd View Post
I would love to go but the whole Friday Saturday thing kind of screws it up for me. Not really up for burning a sick or vacation day for a swap meet and it would be an 11hr+ round trip to do it in 1 day. Would be better if it was Sat/Sun in my opinion
I have always thought this too but someone once told me it was because Sunday the buildings are used for something else...have no idea if this is true

I still haven't decided yet but if I do it in one day it would be 16 hours round-trip....
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 02-11-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by Philkoury
United States, MS, Picayune
Joined Feb 2007
380 Posts
This is a little off topic but this will be my second trip this year to the Perry Macon area (16 hour round trip) as I drove up and back on January 3rd, Met up with another modeler at the Warner Robbins Museum of Aviation to pick up a Comp ARF P-51 kit. I also took some more photos of the Lockheed Constellation as the Easy Tiger Constellation I purchased at Perry a couple of years ago is getting closer to the top of the build list.
I am an Analog guy but I am slipping slowly into the Digital world. On long drives like this I used to checkout audio books from the library to reduce the amount of radio station surfing during the drive. I though I was keeping up with technology when I switched from cassette tapes to CD. My latest vehicle came with a SirrusXM radio but being an Analog guy I was of the mind set that paying for radio service was crazy as there was free on air programing. Sirrus sent me a free three month trial so what the heck it was FREE! Long story short---- I love Sirrus XM on long trips and yes I subscribed.
Philkoury is offline Find More Posts by Philkoury
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 PM
wrongwayfeldman
Joined Mar 2010
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkoury View Post
This is a little off topic but this will be my second trip this year to the Perry Macon area (16 hour round trip) as I drove up and back on January 3rd, Met up with another modeler at the Warner Robbins Museum of Aviation to pick up a Comp ARF P-51 kit. I also took some more photos of the Lockheed Constellation as the Easy Tiger Constellation I purchased at Perry a couple of years ago is getting closer to the top of the build list.
I am an Analog guy but I am slipping slowly into the Digital world. On long drives like this I used to checkout audio books from the library to reduce the amount of radio station surfing during the drive. I though I was keeping up with technology when I switched from cassette tapes to CD. My latest vehicle came with a SirrusXM radio but being an Analog guy I was of the mind set that paying for radio service was crazy as there was free on air programing. Sirrus sent me a free three month trial so what the heck it was FREE! Long story short---- I love Sirrus XM on long trips and yes I subscribed.
All the trips I made with Doc Yates we're spent listening to XM radio...he's had it in every vehicle I've ever known him to have. It's pretty Kool when you can listen to almost anything you desire and no static ..ever
Old 02-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by Nergall
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined Sep 2011
356 Posts
A good audiobook sure helps pass the time on a long trip, and they are soooo much cheaper when you can just download them onto your phone or tablet.
Nergall is offline Find More Posts by Nergall
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by Jtcrowder49
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Jan 2013
26 Posts
I'm bringing 3 50cc gassers to rehome and a 120cc. Plus a couple of projects that I'll never get to. Looking for some 90 size planes Showtime, Funtana, Harrier 3D. Maybe a beast 60e and a couple 100cc+ gas engines. Who knows?!? I love the one off and rare models as well. I'm on the wait list for a table but I'll do my best. Going to post here in the classifieds this week.
Jtcrowder49 is offline Find More Posts by Jtcrowder49
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Find More Posts by Nergall
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined Sep 2011
356 Posts
I have a friend looking for a 100-120cc Ultimate.

I have a GP Extra I was considering selling. It needs a new rx battery, so I haven't flown it in a while.
Nergall is offline Find More Posts by Nergall

Quick Reply