logo
Old 04-25-2020, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by duke851
Joined Apr 2020
1 Posts
Help!
Covering techniques

I wonder if any one here can offer some advice. I've been removing the wrinkles on covering over the fuselage of an ARF I'm putting together and have managed to lift the covering at the seam between the base of the fin and the the fuselage. I was thinking of heating the covering again using an iron and trying to separate the seams, stick the covering back down flat again and hopefully the edges will will meet at the original location. However I'm new to this and am not confident that this will work out as hoped. Can any one tell me if if this is likely to work or is there a better way to do this. Thanks in advance
duke851 is offline Find More Posts by duke851
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
2,003 Posts
So with this type of thing where it had lifted off / Bubbled up.

The best way i know of is to heat it with the heat gun then in the spot (you maybe able to use the iron on the fin side) Next Press it down and rub it into the location while holding it down till it sticks.

The idea here is to activate the adhesive and then to press it back down ,If it does not go down with lo heat (ie its taught) You many need more heat and thus it will allow the film to stretch and be pressed back in to position.

But try little more heat little by little & gently to get it where you need it,

Hope this helps
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply