logo
Old 11-29-2019, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
Dont care. Straight pump gas aint hurting a damn thing in your engine. I ran the odd branded fuel too. And guess what..... The engine never knew what was being run thru it.

If your that freaking worried about fuel, spend $30/gallon and buy VP premixed fuel.

Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Lol calm down!
You don’t care it is your issue. I started the thread because I care!
I have nothing against you going off topic it is your thing by all means. There’s no need for this passive aggressive behavior.
And I would go that extent and buy a $30/gallon VP and even use it to fuel a bon fire that’s none of your business.
If you cannot or don’t want to help with the subject keep your aggression to yourself.
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalfawaz View Post
Yeah becaus AVGAS is the only closest thing I could find to non ethanol pump around here. SMH
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?p...e&stateprov=AZ
Rolling Thunder is offline Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Old 11-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
The generator in my motorhome has the same solenoid and I never had to do anything to start it in the spring. But i do add Sta-Bil to the motorhome and jetskis. Lawn stuff, only if I remember but that is few and far between.

75% humidity right now here.
75% is a rare dry day here!
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Old 01-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by floydparsons
Joined Jan 2020
1 Posts
I'd rather be safe than sorry

I also moved here from MN 4 months ago and was surprised at the lack of non-oxy gas available. I had used it religiously in all my small engines for years. The fact that the ethanol industry is heavily subsidized makes me suspicious to start with. In my 30 year or so experience I have dealt with 2 or 3 gummed up rotted carburetors. I have run and stored lawn mowers, blowers, chain saws, boats, and snow blowers for 6 months plus at a time (not using Stabil). The only difference for me has been that the few that have had ethanol in them are the ones that crapped out, zero problems with anything using non-oxy. I called around quite a bit when I moved to AZ and found an interesting mix of answers. Most people, including a carburetor shop, seemed ignorant of the existence of non-ethanol pump gas. A few small engine people said they either don't have problems because of the low humidity and year round use of the equipment, or that they use additives such as Star Tron or Lucas Safeguard. The local ATV dealer carries additives branded by Yamaha. The Honda power washer that I just bought down here included a warning against using ethanol and a coupon for Ethanol Shield. I just bought a 13 year old 4 wheeler that has been in AZ for life and I am currently replacing a leaking fuel petcock. I found the rubber gasket very hard and the plastic screen inside it disintegrated. I'm not certain what caused that, but I have my suspicions. Anyway, I did run into a classic car guy who said a station on 56th and Bell in Scottsdale carries non-oxy. I plan on driving down there to check it out.
floydparsons is offline Find More Posts by floydparsons
Old 01-10-2020, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydparsons View Post
I also moved here from MN 4 months ago and was surprised at the lack of non-oxy gas available. I had used it religiously in all my small engines for years. The fact that the ethanol industry is heavily subsidized makes me suspicious to start with. In my 30 year or so experience I have dealt with 2 or 3 gummed up rotted carburetors. I have run and stored lawn mowers, blowers, chain saws, boats, and snow blowers for 6 months plus at a time (not using Stabil). The only difference for me has been that the few that have had ethanol in them are the ones that crapped out, zero problems with anything using non-oxy. I called around quite a bit when I moved to AZ and found an interesting mix of answers. Most people, including a carburetor shop, seemed ignorant of the existence of non-ethanol pump gas. A few small engine people said they either don't have problems because of the low humidity and year round use of the equipment, or that they use additives such as Star Tron or Lucas Safeguard. The local ATV dealer carries additives branded by Yamaha. The Honda power washer that I just bought down here included a warning against using ethanol and a coupon for Ethanol Shield. I just bought a 13 year old 4 wheeler that has been in AZ for life and I am currently replacing a leaking fuel petcock. I found the rubber gasket very hard and the plastic screen inside it disintegrated. I'm not certain what caused that, but I have my suspicions. Anyway, I did run into a classic car guy who said a station on 56th and Bell in Scottsdale carries non-oxy. I plan on driving down there to check it out.
I haven't heard the term non-oxy before. I think you just mean ethanol free. We have it in PA many places, you can look online.
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Old 01-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
456 Posts
For those using AV gas, just note that you are using much much higher octane than what your engine compression ration and timing curve were made for. It won't hurt your engine, but your performance may suffer because your fuel is running much colder than optimally designed for. Proper tuning to that fuel can make up for some of that. The most important is to have ethanol free fuel, if available. If it isn't available, you can use the 10% blend that is commonplace, but you just need to keep it fresh.
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Old 01-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
I'm in the boat biz where ethanol fuels have really caused havoc and continue to do so. In the beginning it was the ethanol affecting the diaphragms and gaskets in the carb/efi system but that has been resolved many moons ago. The problem for us in boats today is the hygroscopic nature of ethanol in that is sucks the water out of the air. Here in Sunny South Florida where we have high heat and humidity year round it is a real issue. As for my models, they never sit longer then a couple hours with fuel in them so it really isn't an issue. I read a post earlier stating to use the white nylon fuel pump diaphragm but in reality all of the gaskets in a new gasket kit are ethanol resistant. The different materials for the fuel pump diaphragms are for different fuel flow rates.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 01-19-2020, 07:18 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydparsons View Post

Have you drove there and found it? I am due for another 5 gallons of fuel and willing to make the trip to scottsdale to get the gas. Address?
Old 01-19-2020, 07:19 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadeflyer View Post
For those using AV gas, just note that you are using much much higher octane than what your engine compression ration and timing curve were made for. It won't hurt your engine, but your performance may suffer because your fuel is running much colder than optimally designed for. Proper tuning to that fuel can make up for some of that. The most important is to have ethanol free fuel, if available. If it isn't available, you can use the 10% blend that is commonplace, but you just need to keep it fresh.
local airport wouldn't sell it anyway. so it doesn't really matter.

Quick Reply