logo
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts
NE Judging Seminar March 6, 2010

Hi Everyone. Time is here to sharpen your Judging Skills, improve your knowledge of the judging criteria and to increase the team of judges in the northeast.

The NE Judging Team led by Bill Lairsey and supported by Troy Wallace, BIll James and Tony Bonanno will be holding the 2010 Northeast Judging Seminar on Saturday March 6, 2010 at the Goshen Comfort Inn, 20 Hatfield Lane, Goshen, NY 10924, phone 845-291-1282. The Seminar will be held in the New York Room from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Pre registration is strongly suggested and will be appreciated so we can effectively plan for the seminar in terms of number of attendees, number of books, etc. The cost of the seminar will be in the $20 range and this fee will cover the cost of the judging books, the cost of the room and other incidentals. Coffee and donuts will be served in the morning and again after lunch. We will take a lunch break and probably order in. If anyone wants to arrive on Friday night I have arranged for discounted rooms ($70) and you need to call the hotel at 845-291-1282 and ask for Bonnie and request the Black Dirt Squadron Model Airplane Club discount.

You can preregister and obtain additional information buy clicking on the link below:

http://www.mini-iac.com/Home/Control...5/default.aspx

Looking forward to seeing you all as we kick off the Northeast season.

Tony
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts
Re: NE Judging Seminar March 6, 2010

I know it is cold up here in the NE and very few flights are taking place but we need to plan for the new IMAC season and a lot of behind the scenes work is going on so we can hit the ground running once the flying starts. The NE board is currently working on finalizing the 2010 contest schedule and we are hoping to hold 3 judging seminars. Two are already scheduled - one in Maine and the other one in Goshen, NY which is scheduled for March 6th. Goshen is about in the center of the Region. We are trying to schedule a 3rd for later in the year to be held in MD.

Judging is one of the more critical components of a successful contest it is also one of our major goals for 2010. We would like to significantly increase the number of NE judges that have attended a seminar in the NE and we want to continually increase the judging knowledge of all of the NE members and non members. This will allow us to continue to improve the overal consistency and standard of judging in the NE.

As of today, 7 people have pre registered for the Goshen, NY 3/6/10 seminar so click on the link below for more information and to pre register for the seminar.

http://www.mini-iac.com/Regions/Nort...1/Default.aspx

Tony
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Old 01-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

I'll add a couple of things to Tony's post

One thing to consider is even if you have done the seminars before, still do it again. I've been to three now (not counting the little refresher we had at the 09 NATS) and each time I pickup something new that came out of a discussion that I may not have considered before. Certificates will be given but will be sent to those that do attend.

Another thing is along the lines of something I put in the region wide email I sent out last week. We need people to help out. We decided that we would come up with something to award the person or persons that puts in the extra effort required to judge over the course of the 2010 season. Since the actual award is not set in stone just yet, I will say this much, it's pretty cool and I hope it pans out. even if it doesn't, we'll come up with something else. The person must be an IAMC member in good standing the whole season. The season for us started Jan 1st and runs until the day after the regional finals

I am not including myself in this award. Everyone knows I spend lots of time judging and as far as I am concerned, it would not be good for me to win an award I am sponsoring.

I understand that the weather is a big factor in deciding to come to this thing so I would expect a lot of you to wait until the event is a lot closer, however please make sure to pre-register if you plan to attend as soon as you can. We need to work out the details of the cost of everything. While I do not wish to go into funding on a public forum and that is the main reason we are pushing pre-registration, if you are a member of the NE region, feel free to contact me and I'll provide you with information regarding the regional funds and how it works
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
United Kingdom, England, Molesey
Joined Sep 2007
927 Posts

Bugger - wife finally forcing me to go on honeymoon on the 5th! I thought I'd got out of it after a year and a half of being married..............
Was hopeing she'd settle for a wedding 40% plane instead
Andrew Bird is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Thanks for all the hard work, unfortunately both are further than I would like to travel right now. Work is very crazy this year so far and I am doing a ton of driving as it is.

Should one happen in MD I will more than likely make that one.
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,257 Posts

Hey Guys, I am wondering if there is anything we should do in preparing for the school. This will be my first year flying in Sportsman and I'm hoping I will be able to do some judging for the Basic class.
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye Steve View Post
Hey Guys, I am wondering if there is anything we should do in preparing for the school. This will be my first year flying in Sportsman and I'm hoping I will be able to do some judging for the Basic class.
Steve,

Just show up, included in the cost is the rulebook (RedBook) and any other materials Bill Lairsey wants to provide plus I think he's planning on providing coffee doughnuts and maybe other munchies
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy View Post
Thanks for all the hard work, unfortunately both are further than I would like to travel right now. Work is very crazy this year so far and I am doing a ton of driving as it is.

Should one happen in MD I will more than likely make that one.
Jake,

Sounds like we will be doing one at the CAPI club in their clubhouse. Time and date have yet to be decided upon and I'm hoping Tony and Troy have that worked out soon
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

I just got off the phone with the hotel and there seems to be only 2 rooms left in the block Tony reserved for us so I would suggest if you are coming to the seminar and staying at the hotel you give Bonnie a call.

She's a great lady to talk to. Should be interesting that weekend, they have a wedding staying there as well.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Tony just contacted me and has reserved 5 more rooms at the hotel