logo
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by Robotech
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Yay. I received an email from Graphtec saying my CF main gear were going to be shipped today.

Should loose a bunch of weight there.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by jraycut
Joined Jul 2009
744 Posts
good stuff - no problems out of mine at all. you will lose just over a pound of weight!
jraycut is offline Find More Posts by jraycut
Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraycut View Post
good stuff - no problems out of mine at all. you will lose just over a pound of weight!
That's a lot of weight to shed for just changing the landing gear.
What is the RTF weight?
STLAV8R is online now Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
That's a lot of weight to shed for just changing the landing gear.
What is the RTF weight?
Everything stock, DA150 on stock mufflers.....around 38lbs. The stock landing gear weighs 2-1/4 lbs.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by jraycut
Joined Jul 2009
744 Posts
I never weighed mine, but the plane is not lacking power at all. If this plane weighs 39 lbs i would be very surprised! I have the DA170 on RE3 pipes and powerbox setup with batteries and sparkswitch...swinging the Mejzlick 29-12 three blade.
jraycut is offline Find More Posts by jraycut
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Wow. That thing must be ballistic with the DA170 on pipes! Mine does well with the DA150. I changed from a Biela 28X12 3 blade to the good ole Mej. 32X10 to get a little more pull. I'm hoping losing a pound of dead weight will help too. I flew it in an IMAC contest a coupe of weekends ago in 20MPH wind and it did the job but I think I bent my throttle stick forward a little.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Wow. That thing must be ballistic with the DA170 on pipes! Mine does well with the DA150. I changed from a Biela 28X12 3 blade to the good ole Mej. 32X10 to get a little more pull. I'm hoping losing a pound of dead weight will help too. I flew it in an IMAC contest a coupe of weekends ago in 20MPH wind and it did the job but I think I bent my throttle stick forward a little.
You should look into the 30x12 prop. It is a very good prop for IMAC and 3d
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
I used a 30X12 on my first SU26. It was good but a little fast on landing. I may have to get another as the first one was lost with the plane. I like the 32X10 but it rips pretty good on straight and level if you don't watch the throttle. I would love to try a Mej. 33X10 but I would also hate to spend that kind of money only to find out it was too much prop.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandman View Post
You should look into the 30x12 prop. It is a very good prop for IMAC and 3d

Unless you are a master at throttle control the 3 blade is the way to go for noise reduction in the IMAC world. I also have a DA-170 in my 3.1 Suk on RE3's and I run a 28.5X12-3 Mejlik prop, the difference between Joe's Suk and mine is I have a 16" header to produce a much better mid-range and gave up 150 rpm on the top but I get the good pull back with the 28.5 prop.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,069 Posts
Quote:
Yay. I received an email from Graphtec saying my CF main gear were going to be shipped today.

Should loose a bunch of weight there.
running out of money keeping up with the smiths and jones ,aka robert and bill and sherman89
oh i just found 5000 $ on a plastic card need a link to the landing gear please thanks frank
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Old 04-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts
Quote:
I used a 30X12 on my first SU26. It was good but a little fast on landing. I may have to get another as the first one was lost with the plane. I like the 32X10 but it rips pretty good on straight and level if you don't watch the throttle. I would love to try a Mej. 33X10 but I would also hate to spend that kind of money only to find out it was too much prop.
I have used the 32x10 and it had no speed increase for iMac. Felt like you were stuck in second gear with that prop. It was great to just hover with though.
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99 View Post
running out of money keeping up with the smiths and jones ,aka robert and bill and sherman89
oh i just found 5000 $ on a plastic card need a link to the landing gear please thanks frank
Frank,
Unless you are competing in the unlimited class at the top end or you quality for FSX or one of the top 3-D events I would not waste my money on the CF gear over the stock aluminum gear. There are a lot more important places to spend your money. Now if you work for the Fed's and on their dollar burning bender then by all means go for the CF gear.
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Frank,
Unless you are competing in the unlimited class at the top end or you quality for FSX or one of the top 3-D events I would not waste my money on the CF gear over the stock aluminum gear. There are a lot more important places to spend your money. Now if you work for the Fed's and on their dollar burning bender then by all means go for the CF gear.
sherm you are 100 % right , i need 8 Futaba S9075SB Digital HT S.Bus Programmable Servos just to start the carbon cub and thanks ups brown you cost me a flying day with your 2:00 pm drop off
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
Frank,
Just a lowly newbie in Sportsman class, but anytime I can shed a pound of weight off an airframe, I'll consider it money well spent. I guess I could sink $7-10K in a custom built Carden/DA200 but that doesn't seem to be very likely. The fellow that sold Frank his Sukhoi told me a few weeks ago that the Sukhoi flew IMAC better than the Carden/DA200 he is currently flying. Go figure.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandman View Post
I have used the 32x10 and it had no speed increase for iMac. Felt like you were stuck in second gear with that prop. It was great to just hover with though.
Everyone has a preference I guess. I don't want or need anymore speed. I want it to maintain an even speed in up lines and brake well in the down lines. I'm in no hurry to rush a sequence and I don't 3d this plane. At all.

Quick Reply