logo
Old 07-21-2020, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by scooby61
No Balsa Withstands my Wrath
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Its not the firmware either i downgraded mine back to the 6.4 from 2018 and it still did it.
scooby61 is offline Find More Posts by scooby61
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-21-2020, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
United States, FL, Odessa
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby61 View Post
Thank you i needed that confirmation that im not nuts lol!!!
Its like it loads up power somewhere and has to let it go and the bluebirds are sensitive to it. It sucks because ive been so impressed with their performance in my skywing i was going to swap all the aileron servos in my mamba as well but not now. Jeff at redwing rc has been very helpful and has sent all the info over to bluebird that i gave him might be good if you could take a few min. And email him what happened to you.
I have been swapping emails with Mike at BB this evening. This is bothersome as the AR12310 is my go to receiver and I was really looking forward to using the BB 52B's with it.

What sucks is I have another 7 of the 52B's slated to go in my next build, also with an AR12310.

I hope there's a timely solution as the Krill is almost ready to maiden, and it won't be with a twitching servo!!
GR8R8 is offline Find More Posts by GR8R8
Old 07-22-2020, 01:46 AM
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8R8 View Post
I have been swapping emails with Mike at BB this evening. This is bothersome as the AR12310 is my go to receiver and I was really looking forward to using the BB 52B's with it.

What sucks is I have another 7 of the 52B's slated to go in my next build, also with an AR12310.

I hope there's a timely solution as the Krill is almost ready to maiden, and it won't be with a twitching servo!!
Yeah mikes aware of my trouble as well sadly even though this appears to be a spektrum problem blue bird will most likely have to fix on their end since this rx is probably the most popular around from what i see
Old 07-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Update:
This problem has now been tested and proven by several people including Mike at BB usa. It seems to be localized to the newer spektrum powersafe rx's with the smart tech (orange plugs) and so far has only to my knowledge been tested with the h51b and h52b servos. Thats all the info i have at this time.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Update:
This problem has now been tested and proven by several people including Mike at BB usa. It seems to be localized to the newer spektrum powersafe rx's with the smart tech (orange plugs) and so far has only to my knowledge been tested with the h51b and h52b servos. Thats all the info i have at this time.
Thanks for the update, I hope this doesn't turn into a radio bashing session. (not from you, but others have been known to beat their chests once in awhile) Even though I don't fly Spektrum, I appreciate factual information.

Is Mike going to try to put a couple of Capacitors in place for a workaround? Does the receiver NOT have a common power bus?

Thanks again for the update.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 07-23-2020, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Thanks for the update, I hope this doesn't turn into a radio bashing session. (not from you, but others have been known to beat their chests once in awhile) Even though I don't fly Spektrum, I appreciate factual information.

Is Mike going to try to put a couple of Capacitors in place for a workaround? Does the receiver NOT have a common power bus?

Thanks again for the update.
Youd have to check with mike on that. As for bashing i have honestly never had an issue with spektrum before and am still quite pleased with the performance of all my equipment even my ix12. Also while i only have about 20 flights on them my h51b bb servos have been awesome in my 91 edge. There are so many different servos and components in this hobby i dont want to blame anyone. Spektrum cant test or verify every servo manufacturer when they make a change it would be impossible and BB couldnt possibly know that the newer rx from them would make their servos react differently. I just want to share the info i have so that hopefully another modeler wont be bashing their head against the wall trying to solve an inherent compatibility issue.
Honestly i ordered a savox 2292 for my mambas rudder but would still rather have the bluebird there. The savox doesnt jump, and has plenty of tourque and speed. But the bluebird was quieter, smoother, and more tourque at 40.00 less money
Old 07-23-2020, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Sorry to answer your other question: my understanding is that the powersafe rx's have an isolation buffer on the servo bus and can only be powered by the battery leads rather plugging directly to bus.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to answer your other question: my understanding is that the powersafe rx's have an isolation buffer on the servo bus and can only be powered by the battery leads rather plugging directly to bus.
That is correct.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 07-23-2020, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Update:
I just pulled my new style AR12310T out of my Krill build and replaced it with the older blue plug version I have from another build i'm working on. I can confirm that the H52B's have no issue with the blue plug version.

So for the short term fix, I will switch to the blue version AR12310T on the two airframes using the H52B's and use the orange plug version for the builds that aren't using the H52B's.

Hopefully Spektrum/Bluebird can resolve the compatibility issue quickly.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
Any Experience with the BLS-4311, It appears to be a 43A, minus the Ti gears and Pretty case
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 08-04-2020, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by danimach
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
Hi All,
I am getting things together for my next build, a Hangar 9 120cc Viking and am considering bluebird servos. No one in my area has used them and am looking for some straight talk on theses. Considering using bls-43a, bls-41a, or bls -4311 for the flight controls and a bls-1306 on the throttle.
I would like to know how these are for centering, smoothness and noise.
Planning to use a spectrum 20 channel powersafe rx (it has the orange connectors) off of 2s lipos.
Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
danimach is offline Find More Posts by danimach
Old 08-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimach View Post
Hi All,
I am getting things together for my next build, a Hangar 9 120cc Viking and am considering bluebird servos. No one in my area has used them and am looking for some straight talk on theses. Considering using bls-43a, bls-41a, or bls -4311 for the flight controls and a bls-1306 on the throttle.
I would like to know how these are for centering, smoothness and noise.
Planning to use a spectrum 20 channel powersafe rx (it has the orange connectors) off of 2s lipos.
Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
I have the h51b's and 1306 for throttle in my skywing edge with 12310t blue plug and it performs phenomenally well servos are fast quiet smooth and soft start is awesome. I dont have direct experience with the others you mentioned but i beleive im the first one to report tje issue with h51b and tje orange plug power safe rx. All i can say is if you plug one into the bound rx outside the plane if it has the issue it will quickly become evident. My h51b would twitch about 1/4 to 1/2 throw every 2 to 5 min. If you have time in your build i would order one and try it so you have time to go another direction if you need to. But they are good servos from what i can tell good bang for buck especially.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by danimach
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am going to order on of the 43a’s and try it out.
danimach is offline Find More Posts by danimach
Old 08-17-2020, 08:48 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Update... I downloaded the latest firmware update for the AR12310T receiver this evening into my blue plug version. The update brought on the same servo glitch I encountered with the orange plug version.

Now I'm grounded and unable to maiden this bird until I either replace the Bluebird servos (which would be a shame), wait on a firmware revision from Spektrum/Bluebird (who knows when/if that will happen) or try rolling back the firmware to the older version (which doesn't guarantee a permanent fix).

At this point I don't trust the combination which is beyond frustrating as I like both the Spektrum AR12310T and the Bluebird BLS-M52B servos...

Old 08-17-2020, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
That's unfortunate.. OMG...

Well at least you confirmed it was a firmware thing that caused the BB Servo to function that way. What did the firmware on the Spectrum fix?
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT

Quick Reply