logo
This thread is privately moderated by JoeT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Weekend was amazingly sunny, so no time to work on the plane. BUT tonight after work, I'll be installing the control horns on the wings, then installing the servos. This is the last bit to do before balancing the servos on the wings. BTW, the AR Extreme flight system and Fromeco current meter makes balancing a breeze!!

Installing the servos means making custom harnesses as well, but no biggie, thanks to ThunderboltRC.com for carrying in stock the 20 guage silicone wire that I use for all of my estensions. After all that, it's securing all the wires and cleaning up anything that needs cleaning up, tightening all bolts etc.
JoeT is offline Find More Posts by JoeT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Made custom harness this evening, finished up the servos on both wings and put on the control horns and linkages.

Tomorrow night it's time to balance the servos in the wings using the AR Extreme balancing function.

That's the last bit before balancing the plane and checking things over for the maiden.

Getting really really close now.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by squishall
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Aug 2015
27 Posts
Joe what size of spinner for this plane" Also, would it be the same size on the ARS 300?

Richard
squishall is offline Find More Posts by squishall
Old 06-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishall View Post
Joe what size of spinner for this plane" Also, would it be the same size on the ARS 300?

Richard
Hi Richard,

It's a 5" spinner for the ARS300 and the Edge 540.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Finally finished the plane this evening. By far this was the easiest assembly of any art I've put together. It's all the little bits that Skywing did that made it easy. Everything just fit and fit really well. Drilled holes in the firewall, triangle stock on the firewall.

Soft grommets anywhere hoses pass through or where ever wires pass through. Guides and tubes that were easy to push wiring through, the strings that guide servo wires through the wings. Tons of little touches.

Amazing quality.

Tonight I balanced the aileron servos using the booma extreme 3s power distribution.

Setup the Aura 8 for the ailerons.

Test fitted the SFG and set my throws to 38 degrees.

Tomorrow check the balance and it's time to run in the engine and maiden the plane.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Video of the flight experience is here: https://www.facebook.com/joe.trinida...7180121856000/

What can I say.. OMG this plane is amazing, I know it's been said before, but we're all a bit skeptical. NOT ANY MORE!!

This plane was straight and true right off the bat, no trims required. It just flew and it flew with precision and it does 3D amazingly well. Low and slow is simply magical!!

All up weight came in at 26lbs, that's with a DLE120. Power to weight ration is outstanding, and this plane flies really really really light!!

No roll coupling with rudder, authority of control surfaces are totally uncanny. No matter what speed this plane is totally amazing.

Next weekend I'll get video's of the actual flights loaded in youtube. This is amazing.

The H51B from bluebird are an excellent choice for this plane, it's strong, smooth and quite with TONS of overkill power.

Dual 42A's on the rudder in the push pull config is simply outstanding!!

So many positive things to say about this plane. It must be flown to be believed!!
Old 02-24-2023, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by Aquiredassassin
United States, MA, Westfield
Joined Jun 2022
3 Posts
Hey Joe I was told you were the all knowing FRSKY guru i had some questions. Would you be the one to help me?
Aquiredassassin is offline Find More Posts by Aquiredassassin
Old 02-25-2023, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiredassassin View Post
Hey Joe I was told you were the all knowing FRSKY guru i had some questions. Would you be the one to help me?
Send me a pm and I'll try to assist.

Quick Reply