logo
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by scale_sloper
United States, CA, Hollister
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Yes indeed. I have the old AW "33%" Edge with a 120 on pipes which handles the wind without a problem. And although I really enjoy flying the Edge, I would rather have something that performeda little better in IMAC.

SS
scale_sloper is offline Find More Posts by scale_sloper
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by flyracer
Wanna Be 3D Pilot
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Apr 2007
891 Posts
I'm running my 37% Extra260 with an older DA100.... it's a bit underpowered to say the least. I need to upgrade to the DA120 before the 2015 IMAC season starts!
flyracer is offline Find More Posts by flyracer
Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by wgdenge
BrownChickenBrownCow
Augusta, GA
Joined Jan 2006
390 Posts
HELP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
By my measurements it looks like about a 30mm drop header for the DA 100.
So I am finally building mine. I'm having a hell of a time finding a header that will work. 50MM seems to be shortest I can find, and that will not work at all.

Any ideas?????
wgdenge is offline Find More Posts by wgdenge
Old 11-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by flyracer
Wanna Be 3D Pilot
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Apr 2007
891 Posts
what engine are you using? if its a DA100, a flex header will give you enough flex to accomidate your needs
flyracer is offline Find More Posts by flyracer
Old 11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by wgdenge
BrownChickenBrownCow
Augusta, GA
Joined Jan 2006
390 Posts
I'm using a da120. Trying to find flex-headers that will work. I can't seem to find any for sale. KS makes one that you bend yourself, but can't find anyplace to purchase.

W
wgdenge is offline Find More Posts by wgdenge
Old 11-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by MaceH
DA rocks
Joined Jun 2011
1,078 Posts
Have you tried DA? Dave Sullivan (Planebender) has told me that the MTW flex header is what to use with the smooth pipes, going that route for another project, haven't checked availability though.

From your posts I'm guessing you are using cans instead of your pipes- which ones? Just curious.
MaceH is offline Find More Posts by MaceH
Old 04-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by sirrom
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jun 2008
20 Posts
Bill Hempel Yak 55m

Hi guys I acquired a second hand 100cc Yak-55m and it needs a wing tube. Can someone give me the dimensions of the Wing Tube.

Thanks,

Patrick
sirrom is online now Find More Posts by sirrom
Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by scale_sloper
United States, CA, Hollister
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Hi Wgdenge,

I have some DA 120 flex headers I'll sell ya. PM me if interested?

Thanks,
SS
scale_sloper is offline Find More Posts by scale_sloper
Old 03-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Tripower455
Joined Oct 2010
2 Posts
Resurrecting this thread from the dead.....

I just ordered one of the 100cc versions of this Yak. It's gonna be my first real giant scale airplane in nearly 40 years of flying RC airplanes. I've been getting ready to build a Hostler 35% Giles 202, and wanted some real world experience with something of similar size that I won't have too many hours invested in building before flying it. I figured that I could get some good ideas to incorporate into my build, and have fun flying it at the same time.

I've got a DLE111 for it already, now I need to figure out the rest of the gear. I'm running an Airtronics SD10G TX, and would like to run dual receivers.

Any recommendations RE: voltage regs, servos, power expanders, batteries etc. would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking to reinvent the wheel, just want reliable systems.
Tripower455 is offline Find More Posts by Tripower455
Old 03-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
9,749 Posts
Oh boy, you'll get some opinions here, lol....
MKS-777 and Savox 1270's are very nice choices IMO. Strong, quick, dependable and reasonably priced. Dual receivers are always nice, done that many times myself. Nowadays though, I just go with one receiver. You'll get sooooooooooo many pros and cons to this. Power distribution? Really cool, and if you like em definitely go for it, but I don't use them. Really not needed, again, IMO. Others will agree and disagree. In short, 2-S Lipo, Powersafe receivers and HV servos are what please me, your needs/wants/expectations will surely be different than mine however. Whatever you do, have Fun! And keep us informed on your progress with postings and video. ;-)
Phil Griffin is online now Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 03-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Petsel
United States, IA, Iowa City
Joined Sep 2015
39 Posts
Since you.re resurrecting this thread.......
I picked up a 50cc Yak 55m with a DA50 at our annual swap meet. I have some new Savox 1271's sitting on the shelf. Think 350 oz at .08 speed would work OK for the 50 version? Also the owner said it was the prototype BH 50. He said he was one of the first to buy it. He says the CG was a little different on the latter production model. Any guess on CG. My thoughts were front to middle of wing tube.
Thanks
Dave in Iowa
Dave Petsel is offline Find More Posts by Dave Petsel
Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by toc pilot
Tucson, Az.
Joined Jan 2006
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Petsel View Post
Since you.re resurrecting this thread.......
I picked up a 50cc Yak 55m with a DA50 at our annual swap meet. I have some new Savox 1271's sitting on the shelf. Think 350 oz at .08 speed would work OK for the 50 version? Also the owner said it was the prototype BH 50. He said he was one of the first to buy it. He says the CG was a little different on the latter production model. Any guess on CG. My thoughts were front to middle of wing tube.
Thanks
Dave in Iowa
The wing tube position hasn't changed in the design. So the CG for the 50cc model is 0.5"behind the wing tube. The only real change in design was the second batch of models and later had the motor box extended an inch to help with CG.
You will need to run all your batteries up front to help with the CG. No additional nose weigh will be needed.
toc pilot is offline Find More Posts by toc pilot
Old 03-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by edwinracme
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2013
72 Posts
bill hemple

ordered a plane at noon it was on fedx by 4:30 the same day that's as good a service as I have seen just wanted to say thanks
edwinracme is offline Find More Posts by edwinracme
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by Tripower455
Joined Oct 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinracme View Post
ordered a plane at noon it was on fedx by 4:30 the same day that's as good a service as I have seen just wanted to say thanks

Yeah,

Bill is a great guy to deal with!

No complaints about the service or the airplane! I just got all the gear needed, and will start putting it together soon. Just have to finish up a home improvement project that has been going on far too long!
Tripower455 is offline Find More Posts by Tripower455