logo
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Lappster
Bismarck ND
Joined Jan 2007
792 Posts
After 1/2 gal I'm getting 6750 on a VESA 28b. It is runnin very strong and smooth, getting even more so each flight!!
Gonna switch to a 29.9 shortly
Great engine guys!!
T
Lappster is offline Find More Posts by Lappster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by tbrum
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2007
1,057 Posts
Woooohoo! Rumor has it Brad just finished the testing of his GP61 (#002) on RE2 and Smooth!! Hopefully numbers will be posted soon!

He's dropping me off the stand tomorrow AM along with my 61 (#003) and my 123 (#002)... I'll be putting the 123 through a battery of tests on mufflers, RE2, Smooth and ES pipes this weekend before it gets mounted. We'll post the comparative testing of the EME120, DA120 and 3W110CS

Exciting times!
tbrum is offline Find More Posts by tbrum
Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by BRBR
A contributor of sorts
Joined Aug 2012
1,931 Posts
why only testing using tuned pipes and not canisters or standard exhausts also? i dont find this info much help when it does not coincide with what many of us use.

rpm tests between one engine and another is pretty meaningless as you've shown yourself when trying a 3w on a small prop and then a bigger one. thrust is more value along with rpm figures to determine where the power is made , there could be a significant decline in thrust after xx rpm or max thrust could be produced lower down to many other brands ideally suiting certain styles of flying or specific air frames not only 3d. without this info its only a number and nothing behind it. i dont want to appear that your efforts are not welcome , they certainly are, but there has to be more than prop speed numbers on a test bench to make a worth while conclusion. prop testing should cover a range within an engines capability to show the weak and strongest output and at what point that is produced, practical or impractical. max prop size at max rpm may not be to the requirments of a user if he has no need for that performance criteria. i wouldnt want to nor could i fly an engine that spun a large prop at 7000 where its best power was made. the prop rip alone would guarantee me being banned from any club here. much rather have an engine that harmonised prop speed with thrust output
BRBR is offline Find More Posts by BRBR
Last edited by BRBR; 06-21-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,242 Posts
Any one know the site address to track your engine. Fergie was nice enough to send the number, but no web site address to check it. Not all that helpful.

Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by oalhindi
Joined Dec 2010
838 Posts
I used USPS. it shows the shipment info
oalhindi is offline Find More Posts by oalhindi
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,242 Posts
Yea I just did. Look what it showed

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME
EE640860208TW
Express Mail International®
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
PO to Addressee
Proof of Delivery
Processed Through Sort Facility
June 21, 2013, 9:38 am
TAIPEI INT AMF,*TAIWAN

My motor was shipped today....hmmm last I heard was that all motors were shipped last week. Little dissappointed about there marketing campaign

Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by oalhindi
Joined Dec 2010
838 Posts
same here. mine says that it was " process through sort facility today "

hopefully it wont take that long to get here
oalhindi is offline Find More Posts by oalhindi
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by nebwake
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2012
631 Posts
In transit EMS does not show tracking info past China/Taiwan. Mine took 6 days from Taiwan to Nebraska
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by lilhucker
Flyin' Around
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
I didn't do any test bench running just bolted the motor in a Pilot Edge that had a DA in it. What I can say is the motor is very smoooooth! I am getting about the same RPM as the DA 120 with the same prop but better transition and almost vibration free airframe. I don't know how to explain it, but the plane seems to have more jump right out of a hover than my DA 120 did. I am very impressed with the engine so far. More flying tonight and tomorrow!!!
lilhucker is offline Find More Posts by lilhucker
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Bdegan
Learn 1 thing new Every Day
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe reivers View Post
can't wait to see the results RE2 vs smoothies.
I just removed the MVVS TP from my 58 due to too much power causing cooling issues. If the multi-stage SP is indeed that smooth, I need to order at least one.
The Plane Bender Smooth pipe is easier to tune and does feel better than the RE2.
Here is what I got today.

After i was done, I retarded the timing a couple of degrees. That made a big difference.
Low end was smoother, idle was smoother and the transition was smoother and more linear.
Bdegan is offline Find More Posts by Bdegan
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Josh Franke
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Apr 2013
889 Posts
That's some great numbers on the 24x9 and smooth pipe...
Josh Franke is offline Find More Posts by Josh Franke
Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBR View Post
why only testing using tuned pipes and not canisters or standard exhausts also? i dont find this info much help when it does not coincide with what many of us use.

rpm tests between one engine and another is pretty meaningless as you've shown yourself when trying a 3w on a small prop and then a bigger one. thrust is more value along with rpm figures to determine where the power is made , there could be a significant decline in thrust after xx rpm or max thrust could be produced lower down to many other brands ideally suiting certain styles of flying or specific air frames not only 3d. without this info its only a number and nothing behind it. i dont want to appear that your efforts are not welcome , they certainly are, but there has to be more than prop speed numbers on a test bench to make a worth while conclusion. prop testing should cover a range within an engines capability to show the weak and strongest output and at what point that is produced, practical or impractical. max prop size at max rpm may not be to the requirments of a user if he has no need for that performance criteria. i wouldnt want to nor could i fly an engine that spun a large prop at 7000 where its best power was made. the prop rip alone would guarantee me being banned from any club here. much rather have an engine that harmonised prop speed with thrust output
You are absolutely correct. We can only test what we can test. We work full time like everyone else. Have familys and kids.
So until the engine manufacturers start paying us to build the rig required and spend the time doing all the torque and thrust testing. We do what we can do. Share what we do find and put it into a format most people can use to work from. They can take what we have found and build on it.
What we do is not the end all be all.

But if you say we are wasting your time and its useless info.

No problem......... I don't need to share any more

Happy Flying
Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,894 Posts
And I'm sorry.
I forgot the stock muffler at home. So I don't have a base line numbers for guys to compare their motors against.
So again, its all useless info
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by lilhucker
Flyin' Around
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
Don't let one person destroy your findings for the rest of us. It is always fun to see what different props and pipes do. Yes, it all changes in the air and what each person likes is different. That's all part of the fun. Thanks for showing the numbers for us!
lilhucker is offline Find More Posts by lilhucker
Old 06-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by raptorheli2
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined May 2011
805 Posts
Does the smooth pipes throttle better than the re2?

Cheers
raptorheli2 is offline Find More Posts by raptorheli2

Quick Reply